View Poll Results: Which one of these 16 playoff teams will win the 2006 Stanley Cup?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Carolina Hurricanes

2 10.00%
  • TampaBay Lightning

0 0%
  • Ottawa Senetors

3 15.00%
  • Montreal Canadiens

0 0%
  • Buffalo Sabres

12 60.00%
  • Philadelphia Flyers

0 0%
  • New Jersey Devils

0 0%
  • NewYork Rangers

1 5.00%
  • Detroit Red Wings

1 5.00%
  • Edmonton Oilers

0 0%
  • Dallas Stars

0 0%
  • Colorado Avalanche

0 0%
  • Calgary Flames

1 5.00%
  • Anaheim Ducks

0 0%
  • Nashville Predators

0 0%
  • San Jose Sharks

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sabres/Flyers Playoffs

Sabres/Flyers Playoffs

After a suprising and spectacular season just turned in by the Buffalo Sabres (110 pts.) of the National Hockey League, we now know that the Sabres will be meeting the hated Flyers in the first round of the 2006 NHL Playoffs.

This poll is open until Saturday when the playoffs start.

All you need is hot goaltending and lines that can score.

If you got that and some better than average defense, you can win the cup.
    "All government, -indeed, every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue and every prudent act,- is founded on compromise..." -Edmund Burke
    A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910), (attributed)
    Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 George W. Bush

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenco
    After a suprising and spectacular season just turned in by the Buffalo Sabres (110 pts.) of the National Hockey League, we now know that the Sabres will be meeting the hated Flyers in the first round of the 2006 NHL Playoffs.
    Anybody is better than NJ- though I did hope they would have taken the Rangers instead. Keep Jagr pinned down and you're in.

I thought about choosing the Red Wings, but I can't do it. How can I be all fired up for the playoffs if I don't think the Sabres will go all the way?

They're on the war path, baby! OOH! AHH!

Sabres take the series in five. We win the first two, lose game three, then win games four and five.

No one picked the RedWings, yet? What a bunch of homeys

Go to nhl.com for all your playoff needs

http://www.nhl.com/cupcrazy/2006/seriesd/preview.html

and vote on this poll, now before it closes. Don't you want to win something?

Carolina over Detroit. I have one of those sport almanac books that I traveled back into the past to bring back to the future. Bet the house.

Hey--I always look for the less apparent factors---if Philly starts playing the Kate Smith "God Bless America" hand, we are done.......
    "The horror........The horror..........."

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas II
    Hey--I always look for the less apparent factors---if Philly starts playing the Kate Smith "God Bless America" hand, we are done.......
    If those blind goddamn linesman that can't seem to count past five do any more of our games, we're sunk. Since they obviously cannot see, somebody oughta read them the definition of 'offsides' too.

What the hell happened? The ref goes over to Hitchcock and all of a sudden decides he only saw five? Incredible.

Okay, the Sabs took their first step to the Cup!!! 3-2 in the 2nd OT!!!

Philly's goalie was hot, but the Sabs played as a team! They had all three regular lines plus the fourth line taking it to the Flyers.

Oh, BTW, Campbell may have put the block-of-the-year on Philly's Umberger. He laid him out cold right at the blue line!!!
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

very insightful

Thumbs up

Yeah--Good Job boys---that pass though the slot and OT tip in was a thing of beauty! I was kind of worried when I saw the way Esche was playing--I thought, Oh Nooo-shades of Bernie Parent!!!!
    "The horror........The horror..........."

I think Umberger finally landed about five minutes ago. WHAT A HIT!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=EdN9NsV4z...ian%20campbell

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) - Buffalo Sabres coach Lindy Ruff took one last big shot at the Philadelphia Flyers, saying they played like "idiots" when the score got out of hand.
    Two nights after Philadelphia's R.J. Umberger was knocked woozy by Brian Campbell's heavy but legal hit in Buffalo's Game 1 victory, the Sabres flattened the rest of the Flyers in an 8-2 blowout win Monday night.
    "Use a different word if you want, but I thought they did," Ruff said. "The more they acted like idiots, the more we wanted to play."
    Flyers coach Ken Hitchcock took offense to Ruff's description after the Flyers took 17 penalties, including Denis Gauthier's ejection and Ben Eager's two misconducts when the play deteriorated as the Sabres built a 5-0 first-period lead.
    "That's Lindy's opinion," Hitchcock said. "I've seen his teams do the same thing. So he ought not to talk about that."

Hitchcock took one more question before abruptly leaving the podium. On his way out, he used two profanities in muttering aloud that Ruff should mind his own business.
    --------------------------
    The Flyers showed their colors tonight. The whole city acts like this when it comes to sports. Try walking into Veterans Stadium with a Giants Jersey on. Broadstreet idiots.

Nothing could be finer...

Quote Originally Posted by DR_GONZO
    Carolina over Detroit. I have one of those sport almanac books that I traveled back into the past to bring back to the future. Bet the house.
    Carolina is just warming up, right? They're going to take this thing! U betcha!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information