Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sen.Dale Volker ducks Congressman Lee gets hit ! ? !

Sen.Dale Volker ducks Congressman Lee gets hit ! ? !

Where is Lancaster/Depew's long time Elected
    Senator Dale Volker?

Why has local Sen.Dale Volker been absent and silent on the Lancaster Airport issue?

• He seems to be obviously absent - does he have any reason ?
    • Could he have some not so obvious reasons to duck this issue?
    • Could it be some people or persons close to him have a "interest" in this airport?
    • If Mr.Geles and family own Lancaster Airport Inc , could there also be "Investors" - or "Loan Holders" behind what we see?
    • Was there a full, public disclosure of personal finances and any debts associated with Lancaster Airport Inc. ?
    Shouldn't tax payers know just who does or could benefit from the long term profits of a venture almost completely supported by tax dollars?

Where is Lancaster/Depew resident
    Senator Dale Volker?

Is Congressman Lee being set up to be the fall guy?
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

What is the issue?

Jim start

Here http://www.speakupwny.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73594

Then click here

Then come back here, if you would and add your opinions
    Thanks
    Last edited by 4248; August 2nd, 2009 at 07:15 PM.

Cant blame either one actually

I don't blame Congressman Lee or Sen.Dale Volker for ducking the Lancaster Airport issue.(Politically Speaking.)

Politically speaking - they both see that Lancaster's Town Board created this situation. They both know the FAA will be consulted.

So, Politically speaking - the Lancaster Town Board was trying to dump this in their laps.

As we now see the Lancaster Town Board is ducking tomorrows meeting scheduled for 6:30 at the Buffalo/Lancaster Airport in Lancaster NY.

Once again Supervisor Giza refuses to be held accountable. He and the Lancaster Town Board claim they have no "Authority" in this safety issue.

But he and they do have the "Authority" to help the private owners get IDA Tax Breaks and Federal Tax Dollars.

So he does what he does best - pass the buck.
    When will voters wake-up?
    Its only $12 Million tax dollars - Federal Tax dollars - your tax dollars.

I would ignore snobbish home and land owners who think they own all the area past their own property lines and cry the blues when something is going to change too. It is an age old cry that I for one am sick up and fed of hearing about. If one does not like the changes in your area you have rights you know - MOVE!

Blaming every Tom, Dick and Harry may make one feel better but it sure is tiring to those who happen to listen.

The Safe Air Coalition is a joke. We have thousands of flights and one accident and everyone is up in arms - typical snobbery.

There is just stuff falling from the sky everyday on ya all in Lancaster - sure.

Again this shows why we have the mess we have in WNY, NY and the USA - people have no clue as to what battles to fight and the machine rolls on.

This is a none issue outside of snobbery. Phew, I though the OP people were ridiculous. Turning this into a tax issue is just plain dishonest.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    I would ignore snobbish home and land owners who think they own all the area past their own property lines and cry the blues when something is going to change too. It is an age old cry that I for one am sick up and fed of hearing about. If one does not like the changes in your area you have rights you know - MOVE!

Blaming every Tom, Dick and Harry may make one feel better but it sure is tiring to those who happen to listen.

The Safe Air Coalition is a joke. We have thousands of flights and one accident and everyone is up in arms - typical snobbery.

There is just stuff falling from the sky everyday on ya all in Lancaster - sure.

Again this shows why we have the mess we have in WNY, NY and the USA - people have no clue as to what battles to fight and the machine rolls on.

This is a none issue outside of snobbery. Phew, I though the OP people were ridiculous. Turning this into a tax issue is just plain dishonest.

Your are either kidding or completely misinformed. Obviously you do not have any safety concerns for residents since I would be willing to bet you do not live in affected area. As far as tax issue, only dishonest part is pumping money into BLA behind taxpayers backs. Now that, my friend, is dishonest! Probably a good idea to do your homework before making idiotic statements.

I agree it is best to do your homework before making statements. Something that was not done here and I pointed out the real reason.

Safety is not the issue STOP IT! Home owners snobbery is PERIOD! I will say it again. Airports are for airplanes duh? Live near an airport and you will see airplanes.

You see, I am not effected by snobbery, I go by truth. The truth is you can move. It really is that simple. To make an issue out of an accident is wrong. One accident out of hundreds of thousands of flights.

So you have outrage against alcohol right. The carnage caused by its use is astronomical.

Let us be honest here, people are upset because planes are making noise around them, but they be the dummies that "sprawled" out to the area of the airport. Duh, this is not rocket science.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

I agree it is best to do your homework before making statements. Something that was not done here and I pointed out the real reason.

Safety is not the issue STOP IT! Home owners snobbery is PERIOD! I will say it again. Airports are for airplanes duh? Live near an airport and you will see airplanes.

You see, I am not effected by snobbery, I go by truth. The truth is you can move. It really is that simple. To make an issue out of an accident is wrong. One accident out of hundreds of thousands of flights.

So you have outrage against alcohol right. The carnage caused by its use is astronomical.

Let us be honest here, people are upset because planes are making noise around them, but they be the dummies that "sprawled" out to the area of the airport. Duh, this is not rocket science.
    Where do you come off telling us we should move? I have lived here for 19 years and have never had a problem with our airport. Problem began once state & federal grants were pumped into this airport. Don't even get me started on three (3) IDA's town awarded BLA. We do not appreciate town & airport expanding behind our backs and airport paying less taxes than most home owners do. Our issue started with safety once we started to notice low flying rogue pilots in our back yards. How would you like to have planes buzzing your home around 200'? FAA states planes must fly between 1000 and 1500 feet above our homes. I have personally witnessed low flying planes over Westwood Park. FAA states planes must fly 3000 over any area where large groups gather. I have to assume our parks fall into that category. I am not saying all pilots are guilty but we have plenty from local clubs and flight school taking advantage of free reign in Lancaster created by town board and airport. Bob Miller himself admitted there are pilots flying too low over our community. Check out video and tell me you wouldn't mind this kind of BS in your backyard? Planes should take off and leave area. We do not have a problem with pilots that follow correct procedures. I have to say the only "snob" here would be you.

Quote Originally Posted by ichingtheory View Post
    FAA states planes must fly 3000 over any area where large groups gather. I have to assume our parks fall into that category. I am not saying all pilots are guilty but we have plenty from local clubs and flight school taking advantage of free reign in Lancaster created by town board and airport.
    Actually no, 3000' would be over major events like concerts or football games. A couple hundred people in a hundred acre park is not a large assembly of people.

Quote Originally Posted by OutsidetheBox View Post
    Actually no, 3000' would be over major events like concerts or football games. A couple hundred people in a hundred acre park is not a large assembly of people.
    I will check FAA manual again later but no matter what, they should be at least 1000'.

Oh boy, my case rests, your post the evidence. I did not TELL you to move, I made the suggestion as a viable solution. How would I like the planes overhead, no problem. I love the military ones that come over head every other week or so here. They are neat. I watched your video, it is impossible to determine the height from that. It is a poor quality video with no stability (tripod would help) to judge any distance.

You have a solution, it was presented to you, but you have chosen another path, that is your prerogative. Hey, so if I hate road noise will you join me in getting vehicles banned?

"Behind you back" - I did not know that you as a homeowner have some kind of right to know what others are doing with theirs. Hey, I demand you take YOUR Willow tree down it is blowing leaves on my property.

Money brought in to improve infrastructure is important. I have no problems with that.

Oh boy, my case rests, your post the evidence. I did not TELL you to move, I made the suggestion as a viable solution. How would I like the planes overhead, no problem. I love the military ones that come over head every other week or so here. They are neat. I watched your video, it is impossible to determine the height from that. It is a poor quality video with no stability (tripod would help) to judge any distance.

You have a solution, it was presented to you, but you have chosen another path, that is your prerogative. Hey, so if I hate road noise will you join me in getting vehicles banned?

"Behind you back" - I did not know that you as a homeowner have some kind of right to know what others are doing with theirs. Hey, I demand you take YOUR Willow tree down it is blowing leaves on my property.

Money brought in to improve infrastructure is important. I have no problems with that.
    Taxpayers ALWAYS have the right to know when they foot the bill.

I see you conveniently keep ignoring the gist of my message. I anticipated your response. You have a right to know, but determination only a small part - your one vote. Many others feel infrastructure investments are worth the expenditure.

What infrastructure are you speaking of, the runway? The new hangars? Wouldn't you agree that 99% of the taxpaying population will never use this private entity airport; never get to use the infrastructure?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    What infrastructure are you speaking of, the runway? The new hangars? Wouldn't you agree that 99% of the taxpaying population will never use this private entity airport; never get to use the infrastructure?
    And 99% of the NY population will never use some rural state route in the middle of nowhere NY but we still have to pay for it.

Besides, the MAJORITY of the funding for the Lancaster airport improvements comes from taxes on aviation gas and not the general taxpayer. You can argue about the IDA grants, but the rest of the federal funds are supplied by those that use airports.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information