View Poll Results: Who do you want to the Sabres to play in the 1st round of Stanley Cup Playoffs?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Philadelphia Flyers

4 40.00%
  • New York Rangers

1 10.00%
  • New Jersey Devils

1 10.00%
  • Doesn't matter, we're finally in the playoffs.

4 40.00%

Thread: Who do you prefer the Sabres to play in the 1st round of the Stanly Cup Playoffs?

Who do you prefer the Sabres to play in the 1st round of the Stanly Cup Playoffs?

I want the Flyers, I think we match up better.
    "All government, -indeed, every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue and every prudent act,- is founded on compromise..." -Edmund Burke
    A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910), (attributed)
    Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 George W. Bush

I definitely think we match up better against the Flyers. Our forwards are too quick for their lumbering defense, and I'd rather go against Esche than Brodeur or Lunquist.
    New Jersey's on a tear and I think they're peaking too soon. They've won ten straight, how long can they keep that up? Brodeur has looked far from his younger self throughout this season. Hell, even in January we didn't even know if they'd make the playoffs. I think (hope) they're just on an incredible late season run and they'll be knocked out of the playoffs early.
    I think we can beat New York too. If we can contain Jagr we shoudn't have a problem. Still, the man between the pipes is having an outstanding season for them. We've got to beat him more than anyone.

Now that Miller's back on track I think they Sabres can go far. Here's hoping they're still playing in June.

Miller had an awesome game tonight against Toronto 6-0
    we left after the 2nd period (4-0) beautiful day!

Doesn't matter because the goal is to win the cup and you're going to have to beat the best teams to get it. It just doesn't matter and neither does home ice advantage.
    The evil hide even when no one is chasing them.- Proverbs

Anybody but NJ

SteveDoesn't matter because the goal is to win the cup and you're going to have to beat the best teams to get it. It just doesn't matter and neither does home ice advantage.nco says :
    It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required. (Sir Winston Churchill)

Oops !

I meant to agree with Stevenco and add that the Sabres home and away records are both very good with a slightly better record at home. Home is 27-11-1-2 and away is 24-13-0-3, so it doesn't really matter.

However I still like home ice, and being seeded # 4, it is possible that we could have home ice all the way thru the playoffs. Possible, perhaps not probable. However I like our chances to go all the way this year.
    It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required. (Sir Winston Churchill)

Thread Information