Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Terry McCracken

Terry McCracken

I just learned that Terry McCracken resigned as Parks Crew Chief. I have to wonder why.....

The real question is where will he pop up next ?

He's a "Son of Patronage" what else does he do ?

Time to consolidate the Highway and Parks Department !
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

From Politicsny.net

McCracken to Water Authority?

Rumor has it that Commissioners at the Erie County Water Authority are working to create a new position at the Authority. That's not news - the ECWA has been criticized often for patronage jobs. The real news: for whom is the position being created?

Given the qualifications and job decription being discussed, many speculate that the position is being created for former Erie County Legislator Terry McCracken.

This makes sense. Democrat McCracken is facing heat in his hometown of Lancaster, where he serves as the Parks Director. Some feel that McCracken's challenges to current Town Party Chair Paul Tarapacki are unwarranted given Tarapacki's impressive tenure as Chair. The Water Authority would allow McCracken a graceful exit, albeit for a short time, given the change in leadership expected next year.

Stay tuned for the winner of this prized political position!

With McCracken’s resignation it looks like a done deal.

Thumbs down tax funded Party reward system

That didn't take long - but remember "Their doing it for the Community"

- with his totally unimpressive stint as County Leg Member - he massive knowledge of lawn mowers and Party Affairs - he's a natural for one of those do nothing pension building positions.

As usually he is being "Rewarded" and "Neutralized" by his Party Leaders. After sliding out of the Leg and back into Lancaster - he has fallen from grace. He was hardly ever held high while in the Leg - they saw a person who was used to being a big fish in a little pond - it didn't play well with well seasoned insiders.

I guess this would also validate rumors had it - even the Lancaster "Son's of Patronage" lost faith in him. It was too obvious he had one alliance -

Well the real point here is he's being rewarded with a tax funded pension building appointment. Not being elected or chosen by the voters - appointed to a tax funded cookie job.

Why can these Party Players keep doing this - what gives them the right to keep using home owners tax dollars to reward "Party Players"?

We will now use tax dollars to support this person - his tax funded pension - his tax funded benefits for life.

And not just his life !

Think about it - he leaves as head of the Parks Department - they plug in another "Party Faithful" who will now enjoy the tax funded pay and tax funded benefits McCracken received and then Mr.T.McCracken gets a whole new tax funded paycheck and tax funded pension credits and tax funded benefits.

Where - when does this tax funded merry go round end - how much can home owners afford to pay.

Also - think about this folks - this stuff doesn't happen over night - it takes months of planning and collusion among agencies and those who "Politically" control them. Not one or two people - not just a "coincidence" - its a planned - plotted contrived chain of events.

Ask your self one question : Does anyone believe for one second Mr.McCracken would resign without assurances his tax funded golden parachutes was all set up ?
    Last edited by 4248; August 20th, 2014 at 11:34 AM.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Who makes the final decision on this at the ECWA?

Well, this is interesting news. 4248 has a good point, who will be appointed to his position now that he left the Parks position? I do have one question, does he have to take a civil service exam to qualify for a position at the Water Authority? Does Kristen McCracken have a seat on the Sewer board?

Is this really a good decision by the Democrats to pull this stunt now when elections are right around the corner?

Although I agree with what you posted 4248, but in my mind it is more convoluted than that.

There is dissention within the Lancaster Democratic Party; dissention that has flared since the defeat of former Supervisor Robert Giza in 2012. McCracken as Party Chair at the time is taking the heat for that loss.
    But whatever comes out of this, it is nothing more than a shuffling of the chairs and another Democrat gets to feed from the public trough. They take care of their own.

The Lancaster DEMS keep their infighting away from the public and do it best by demonizing their opponents at election time. Until such time the DEMS lose their influence within the other minor parties and change takes place, the status quo will continue. Am I the only one who finds it illogical that the conservative party in this town endorses liberal Democrats on a regular basis?

It is encouraging to see in this upcoming Justice Election race that Democrat Michael Dwan and Republican Jeremy Colby will be primarying endorsed conservative candidate Nicholas LoCicero for the conservative line. Young blood vs. the old established party and patronage favored system.

I just have to laugh when I hear that young Dwan failed to wait his turn in line and dared to challenge LoCicero.

It should also be kept in mind that McCracken was reappointed to his Parks & Recreation in 2014 direction position by the four sitting Town Board members. If that doesn’t say something to you, it should. Ah, politics!

Why would it surprise anyone that Lancaster's Conservative endorsements go to the Dems - the Committee is controlled by a Developer and real-estate driven lawyer - both of whom enjoy their Town Board/Planning Board influence. They pump allot of money into Lancaster Dem Committee, County Committee and NYS DEM leaders - what's to be surprised about.

Also - why would anyone be surprised with where Kristen McCracken shows up - she has a better Dem Party pedigree/political heritage than Mr. McCracken does. Or do people think she just happened to show up in Lancaster's Dem Circles by coincidence?
    --------------------------------

Its truly been like a Political Marriage of sorts.

- In their personal lives - I wish them well and hope their lives are full of everything they helped bring to others.

Originally posted by Lee Chowaniec:
    The Water Authority would allow McCracken a graceful exit, albeit for a short time,
    Was his job in the parks department that tenuous that he would take a position that may be temporary?

The town's website doesn't have his job posted. Will that be done after a replacement has been chosen?

That article from Politicsny.net was from 6/18/14. Wonder why it took so long for word to get out.

Georgia L Schlager

It takes time to coerce people to work in unison to defraud tax payers and create a job title.

Even if he has to eventually take a test - those hiring him invent the position - invent the requirements and have to justify who they appoint.

That takes a lot of negotiations and planning - its not to easy to create a public authority position for a landscaper and make it sound like it qualifies for a good salary, benefits and staff - all tax funded.

They are just moving him into a position where he's less likely to interfere with Lancaster's Dem Committee. They move their new guy into the Parks Boss position - that's the prime focus.

As far as that Water job ending soon - that's not the Committees problem it Mr.McCrackens. Like Polancarz brother the cook - if he gets dumped - the local Dems can then wash their hands.

Its all part of the "Winner take all game" - Mr.McCracken is no longer useful here by his Party Buds. He waffled on the Safe Act issue - he thought he could just slide through the County Ledge - karma is a bitch!

Past Town Attorney Richard Sherwood said, "Live by the sword - die by the sword" !

He has never once shied away from committee dirty tricks - he has cooperated and facilitated scum bag politics for years -
    steam rollers do have a reverse and sooner or later !

This move can be a PR problem for the Dems from what I am sensing here. I am so curious as to who will be the one replacing Terry~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    This move can be a PR problem for the Dems from what I am sensing here. I am so curious as to who will be the one replacing Terry~~~~
    Hopefully no one will replace him. Time to combine Parks and Highway Departments.

One reason they wont consolidate the Highway and Parks Department - they can loses one and still maintain control.

Also it makes to much sense - you cut the office staff and one unneeded $80,000.00 plus a year salary = easily say about $150,000.00 tax dollars a year between salaries and benefits.

But then how could they have a useless Parks Boss job for the Dem Committee Leader ?

With no Parks Boss - who's gonna have the extra staff so the Boss could carry out his personal business and Party Duties ?

Also - the Highway Boss might actually feel he's no longer threatened by Politics - then why would he keep supporting the Dem Committee ?

Just a "good night" thought - If the Town had a Board of Ethics - if the Moreland Commission were real - if law enforcement on the State Attorney General or Federal level cared ? ! ?

If organized crime manipulated "Public Authorities" - would this type of collusion - conspiracy to create a unneeded position - funded with tax dollars be covered under the RICO Statute ? Wouldn't this be like a organized conspiracy to defraud tax payers ?

Since Politicians are rarely held accountable for their actions - probably not ! Wonder if they ever even look at this kind of stuff - if not - that explains why Parties get away with this all the time.

Just wondering !
    Last edited by 4248; August 22nd, 2014 at 12:16 AM.

I wondered if anyone has an update on this story. I noticed that the Westwood Park is suffering as a result of these events that has transpired.

I have nothing against anyone advancing in their career or making a career change, what does bother me is that a position at the Water Authority is being established for Terry-if that story is true.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information