Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Residents expected to pay less for heating

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Residents expected to pay less for heating

Residents expected to pay less for heating

Here's some welcome news for cash-strapped consumers: Heating costs this winter are expected to drop by about 20 percent, saving a typical Buffalo Niagara resident more than $200.
    Last year's heating bills, which averaged $1,187, were the highest ever, thanks to a surge in natural gas commodity prices during the spring and summer of 2008. A 20 percent reduction would save a typical customer more than $237 during the winter heating season, which runs from November through the end of March.
    Read the full Story in the Buffalo News

Think this is gonna happen?

So let me get this straight, last year (2008) during the summer, a surge in the commodity prices occured, thus driving up the cost of natural gas.

Hmmm, I think we are going to get screwed.

Unregistered
    They make it sound like a bargain.

Last year the cost of heat went up, this year it's lower (so far)

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    nope.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post

Yes I do. I think that will see a lower CFF unit price this year than last, but it doesn't stop NYS from raising taxes on it to keep us from saving a cent.... look what their doing with our electric bill!
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

isnt that the truth. I live alone. I never have more than 2 lights on at a time and their 3 watt bulbs. and yet my electric bill is about $100 per month.
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

We had to put in a new furnace due to the old one dying at the end of the last season. I figure my tax rebate was well spent - got money back from Nat. Fuel and will get a credit on my Fed. taxes for hi-efficiency.......... But I do expect the cost to go down.

Cripe, just add up what you paid last year from checks you paid or by usage ( that is on your bill) or by budget billing in the balancing month..........divide by 12........you get what you paid per month. Do it after this year and figure out if you saved.

AND>>>>The person w/ther $100 elec. bill and only a few lights on? Check the utilites: refrigerator, tv, washer, dryer, computer left on, anything plugged in but not in use, cable box, etc. etc.... as long as it is plugged in, it might use something. TWC told us to shut off the box at night as they upgrade the system then and they can't if the cable box is on.

Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post
    isnt that the truth. I live alone. I never have more than 2 lights on at a time and their 3 watt bulbs. and yet my electric bill is about $100 per month.
    What's your monthly usage in kWh? I run a house with several TV's and 2 computers running 24/7 and I pay $75 +- 10 a month.

Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post
    3 watt? You sure about that?
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

if I turn off my computer, I save $10 per month.

All that runs, really is the fridge. I no longer have a washer machine thanks to 18 inches of water in my basement.

Fpr august, for my house its $93.82

For: 12.2 KWH @3.00

Delivery is $45.02
    Supply is: 48.19
    other: 61 cents

It should be noted, that *I* got my power DIRECTLY from the Niagara Falls power plant. My power comes directly off the main line. The main line which runs from the falls to NYC. Most people get their power from the two local plants, *I* do not.

Aside from the fridge, and 2 alarm clocks, nothing else is 'running' for 12hrs per day. I know this for fact as all my 'sensitive stuff' tv, sorround sound, PC' runs thruogh a Line Conditioner, which I turn off when I leave... when its off, its OFF there is ZERO power draw.

When I get home, I turn on my computer, my tv (which is my monitor) my sorround sound system. and maybe a light or 2.

even so...

My neighbor, with 4 kids and a wife, their bill is like $110 a month.. they run multiple lights a fridge, a freezer a plasma, a couple tvs, game systems, a fan or two, for $110...
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

It should be noted, that *I* got my power DIRECTLY from the Niagara Falls power plant. My power comes directly off the main line. The main line which runs from the falls to NYC. Most people get their power from the two local plants, *I* do not
    How do you get that kind of luck?
    “Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

Delivery is $45.02

these are the ones that kill me, this is the same for Natural Gas. delivery charges for the gas to get from pa to your house via the pipe. do they charge by the mile?
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Originally posted by cheekman:
    Delivery is $45.02

these are the ones that kill me, this is the same for Natural Gas. delivery charges for the gas to get from pa to your house via the pipe. do they charge by the mile?

My electric was $199.77 - 1356 kwf
    Delivery - $80.09
    Supply - $119.68

My delivery on my gas is double my supply charges. The delivery minimum is $15.54.

My gas was $30.47 - 12 ccf
    Delivery - $20.33
    Supply - $10.14

Georgia L Schlager

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Delivery. Exactly what does that mean? Exactly how costly is that wire hanging to your house or the section that connects that part to your house from the pole. I think it's been paid for many many times over the years.

some minor variation of...

Delivery = Max(your Usage * ((total cost of operations + Profit) / total Kwh supplied), (total cost of operations + Profit) / Total Customers))

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information