Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My new styptic pencil and the future of the internet

My new styptic pencil and the future of the internet

Bought a new styptic pencil today. If past history is any indication, I think it will last me about seven years.

I always wondered how a company can make a product, sell it for only $1.69, to just a small portion of the population, once every seven years, and, still make a profit.

Anyway, I'm posting this here, so that in the year 2013, I can come back to this thread, and be reminded of how long my $1.69 purchase lasted.

But, I'm wondering, will SUWNY be here in 2013? What if our humble webmaster pulls the plug, decides to leave town, or, just keels over one day?

They still make styptic pencils?
    I'm just here to make people laugh. And to confuse people. Oh, and to irritate people.

I'm not saying I don't know, but let's just say, hypothetically, that I am not sure what the hell a styptic pencil is? Same thing as white-out? Probably doesn't smell as good as a Sharpie. Seriously, what is it?

Quote Originally Posted by wheresthesun
    I'm not saying I don't know, but let's just say, hypothetically, that I am not sure what the hell a styptic pencil is? Same thing as white-out? Probably doesn't smell as good as a Sharpie. Seriously, what is it?
    White-out for the skin; stops bleeding after shaving

I coulda used one the other day. I was shaving with the old fashioned safety razors (where you use razor blades) in a retro frame of mind when I sliced open my chin to beat the band. Of course, I didn't have a pencil and had to resort to the old stand by--toilet paper.......I do have to say that the plastic disposable type razors are alot less hazardous......
    "The horror........The horror..........."

Quote Originally Posted by therising

OK, thanks. I seem to remember my grandfather using one, but never was quite sure how...I had the impression that it had something to do with eyebrows.

Does it work on decapitations?

I can't imaging using a pencil on a cut ... what do you do with it, draw a bandaid?

It's formed lump alum. A vasoconstrictor. Stops bleeding from small cuts. And large ones if you have enough. Does bad things to tissue on a large scale, as they learned the hard way in the Civil War (or if you prefer, the War of Northern Aggression)

and it STINGS like hell for a second or two!

But those things are awesome. Just touch the pencil to a shaving cut and like magic... stops bleeding.

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    Bought a new styptic pencil today. If past history is any indication, I think it will last me about seven years.

I always wondered how a company can make a product, sell it for only $1.69, to just a small portion of the population, once every seven years, and, still make a profit.

Anyway, I'm posting this here, so that in the year 2013, I can come back to this thread, and be reminded of how long my $1.69 purchase lasted.

But, I'm wondering, will SUWNY be here in 2013? What if our humble webmaster pulls the plug, decides to leave town, or, just keels over one day?

My projections were off; it's bout had it.

Still, 3+ years for $1.69 ain't bad.

Tony Fracasso - Admin

OH jinx me?! Keels over one day. Thank you.

My projections were off; it's bout had it.

Still, 3+ years for $1.69 ain't bad.
    OH jinx me?! Keels over one day. Thank you.
    proves therising is such a cut up

Unregistered
    Therising just uncovered Obama's new health care plan! One styptic pencil per citizen!!!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Wouldn't it be something if tomorrow I keel over. THEN i bet the rising would feel bad about his comment.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information