Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: His first 100 days

His first 100 days

How would you rate SM's first 100 days in office and why? 1(poor)-10(great)

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Not enough data to make a clear judgement on his progress. Seems awfully quiet though over all. Could it just be lets keep status quo limping along until we hit retirement or couldn't it be they are quietly making changes.

Quote Originally Posted by forreason
    How would you rate SM's first 100 days in office and why? 1(poor)-10(great)
    I don't think I could assign him a number. But I would give him a grade: S, for survivor.

The best way to really judge Dr. Mohan's tenure so far is to consider what he has had to deal with. And that means looking in the mirror, guys.

Let's see. He was branded a failure even before he got into office, called a liar and "evil."

But....

Has he accused you of double dipping -- w/o proof?

Has he accused you of making anti-Semitic remarks? W/o proof?

Has he accused you of being sexist -- w/o proof.

Has he made derogatory remarks about your heritage? Called you racist names?

Has he made derogatory remarks about your educational levels, as in "Piled Higher and Deeper, for Ph.d?

Has he accused you of not doing your jobs (except in the cases where a couple of employees actually weren't doing their jobs, but getting paid)?

Has he accused you of being overpaid? (By the way, anybody ever confirm what Mohan actually earns at UB? No, I didn't think so -- even though it is public record.)

Has he tried to break the town unions -- even as the town unions have done everything they can to break him?

Has he tried to spread panic among the town's residents with predictions that massive layoffs will end life was we know it?

By the way, were are all those layoffs you said were coming?
    Heck -- not even "the first ever" employee ever laid off at Town Hall stayed laid off, did she?

And the destruction of cherished services? Not happening.

Most of the problems you complain about -- poor morale, distrust, paranoia --are of your own making.

You set the stage and even before Mohan did a thing, you had decided you were under attack.

If that becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy, you have only yourselves to blame.
    In my humble opinion, of course.

Heck -- not even "the first ever" employee ever laid off at Town Hall stayed laid off,

No thanks to Mohan on that one. He voted against bringing her back!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf
    Heck -- not even "the first ever" employee ever laid off at Town Hall stayed laid off,

No thanks to Mohan on that one. He voted against bringing her back!!!!
    My point was that your predictions of mass layoffs have not occurred and aren't likely to.

Quote Originally Posted by atotaltotalfan2001
    My point was that your predictions of mass layoffs have not occurred and aren't likely to.
    And MY point is No thanks to Mohan! If he had his way there would be mass layoffs!

And MY point is No thanks to Mohan! If he had his way there would be mass layoffs!
    You don't know that.

He never campaigned on that; to this day, he has not suggested any remotely significant layoffs of the fulltime rank and file -- the people who really do the work for our residents.

The unions were caught off guard by Mohan, and as a result misinterpreted his intentions (IMO). Maybe that was accidental. Maybe intentional. It's hard to tell because Amherst town unions have enjoyed a certain untouchability.

But here is what the town's unions failed to consider: Mohan has been represented and protected by a union for a long time. No UB professor is ignorant of the benefits of union protection. They tend to be self starters and self motivated -- and that gets them into trouble sometimes. So trust me when I say UB professors, like academics in general, understand the value of a union. W/o UUP, some of them would have been fired long ago for reasons not related to their ability.

Mohan did not come to his job ready to fire everyone. His campaign literature made that clear. But instead of taking heart from that, the unions regarded his desire to cut even the smallest of costs as a threat -- and, given the power public unions have always had here -- did not consider anything other than a full blown attack.

So please, spare us your whole victimhood thing, and thank god that Mohan is a confident enough man not to let your racist, horrible rumors about him infect how he deals with employees in general.

Quote Originally Posted by atotaltotalfan2001
    You don't know that.

The unions were caught off guard by Mohan, and as a result misinterpreted his intentions (IMO). Maybe that was accidental. Maybe intentional. It's hard to tell because Amherst town unions have enjoyed a certain untouchability.

So please, spare us your whole victimhood thing, and thank god that Mohan is a confident enough man not to let your racist, horrible rumors about him infect how he deals with employees in general.

Nobody here has ever cried "victim"! The unions were never caught off guard. It was SM that got caught off guard! The unions have been in place for a long time and know the laws and the system. It's not "untouchability" it's "protection by law". The law of New York State!

And please stop with your racist/rumor rhetoric! Most of the posts about his misinformation and distrust of his dept. heads is true, not rumor. You must know by now that some of the posters are insiders and know the real story up front. You just keeping hoping against hope that they aren't true. Sorry, but after 100 days, your boy is still a loser!

Lets all thank God For Mohan!!! Lest we be called racist!

Lets all thank God For Mohan!!! Lest we be called racist!
    Poor Mohan's first 100 days were quite memorable in that Kindel and Ward did everything in their power to discredit him.
    "Kick him when he's down, he's easier to reach."
    Scott Hall

Quote Originally Posted by diogenes
    Nobody here has ever cried "victim"! The unions were never caught off guard. It was SM that got caught off guard! The unions have been in place for a long time and know the laws and the system. It's not "untouchability" it's "protection by law". The law of New York State!

And please stop with your racist/rumor rhetoric! Most of the posts about his misinformation and distrust of his dept. heads is true, not rumor. You must know by now that some of the posters are insiders and know the real story up front. You just keeping hoping against hope that they aren't true. Sorry, but after 100 days, your boy is still a loser!
    So, give us some proof. I think it is possible you have an inability to deal with someone who looks "different" -- and that your perceptions stem, in large part, from that.

Why else call him "evil." I mean, really! To listen to you guys, you'd think Mohan was the devil...

At any rate, everything with you guys so far has been character assassination. And that is one thing you can't accuse Dr. Mohan of committing. He plows ahead, with no intention -- as far as anyone, including you, can tell -- of mass layoffs and destroying services.

He doesn't call you on the carpet for the horrible, racist and ignorant things that you have said about him. He has a big picture, I think, that he is looking at.

Why else call him "evil." I mean, really! To listen to you guys, you'd think Mohan was the devil...

Close call!!!

Close call!!!
    Based on what? The wholesale layoffs he has ordered? The destruction of services he has reigned over? The vicious things he has said about his employees?

Sheesh. You guys need to get your tendency toward hyperbole under control. You've treated Dr. Mohan ten times worse than he has treated you.

And here is the unfortunate part: You may be right about some of his moves being unwise. I think only time will tell. But in a contest of intelligence, maturity and caring for the community, I think you would come up terribly short compared to Dr. Mohan.

Whatever mistakes/misinformation he has been involved with had to do with inexperience.

Whatever misinformation you guys were involved with had to do with character assassination. Sometimes you were actually right -- but you went so viciously overboard that it ended up being more a reflection on you than Dr. Mohan.

The town unions have held sway over how town government is run for a long time. But a little cooperation, a little reaching out, would have gone a long way this time. Never mind if, as you claim, he didn't reach out first. Sometimes you have to be the one to step forward. But I think the unions figured slipping into the old union M.O. would be easier -- destroy reputation of opponent, saturate public with scare tactics.

It may still work. But unless this region starts to regenerate, even Amherst's town union members will be fighting over crumbs one day. Sort of like Buffalo.

You've got your head stuck so far up Mohans ass that you can't even see! Go ahead, keep blaming the unions if it makes you feel better. What has Mohan done? He has made a laughing stock out of our community! He has torn Department Heads apart. He (not the TB) has dragged a wonderful man, former assistant police chief, through the ringer. Why? Because he earned a handsome retirement package! He EARNED it, he DESERVED it! He cost the town thousands in late fees by dragging his heels signing vendor checks! He is a media darling at the expense of employee reputations. While I've gone on record as not being a fan of the Personnel director, I have to admit, Mohan is making an idiot of the guy. He publicly humiliated him at a TB meeting. He's bringing someone in to negotiate the contracts for "pocket change". I can hardly wait to see how much we'll pay for that!! I'm sure it's not the kind of money I keep in MY pockets! And I'm just sick about what the PT Comptroller is going to cost! So where's the savings that Mohan promised? No hint of that! But you keep taunting town employees & thier unions with your superior, self-righteous attitude. I'd really hate to have you for a neighbor!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    You've got your head stuck so far up Mohans ass that you can't even see! Go ahead, keep blaming the unions if it makes you feel better. What has Mohan done? He has made a laughing stock out of our community!
    I read the post and they didn't blame unions. I blame the lame past town boards/politicians who gave our bank away.

Mohan didn't make a laughing stock out of anyone. They did that all themselves without his help. Looks at the example a few of the Amherst posters set for others. I don't see the professor here naming calling like some of them do.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information