We are asking all Lancaster residents to join SAC Wednesday, August 5th.

Lee to Host Meeting Between FAA Officials and Lancaster Residents
Friday July 24, 2009

Potential Safety and Noise Pollution Concerns Near Buffalo-Lancaster Airport Have Been Under Review Since March

WASHINGTON – Congressman Chris Lee (NY-26) announced this evening that next month he will host a meeting between Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) officials and Lancaster residents to discuss potential safety and noise pollution concerns in the proximity of the Buffalo-Lancaster Airport.

Congressman Lee first brought concerns raised by Lancaster residents to FAA officials in late March. Since that time, the matter has been under review by the agency’s Rochester Flight Standards District Office (FSDO), which has jurisdiction over aviation activity in the Buffalo area.

The meeting, which will be open to the press, is set to be held at the Buffalo-Lancaster Airport on Wednesday, August 5 at 6:30 p.m.

“I pushed to make this meeting happen because I thought it was important for Lancaster residents to have their concerns addressed directly by the federal officials charged with protecting those living near our airports,” Congressman Lee said. “Of course, all Western New Yorkers are more sensitive to aviation safety issues in light of the Flight 3407 tragedy, which is why I hope this meeting will help determine what action items may be necessary to keep everyone safe.”

The Buffalo-Lancaster Airport is located 5.5 miles from the Buffalo-Niagara International Airport, which is served by several air carriers. This close proximity makes the airspace in the area more complex.