Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Downtown Revitalization

Downtown Revitalization

I, for one, am overjoyed to see that the facade updates are beginning in Downtown Lancaster. The NY Store's huge panels are coming down and the old brick and windows are being exposed to daylight for the first time in decades. I'm sure it will be a long process but I can't wait to see the progress on this and all the other buildings that were given grants.

There is lots to complain about in our village and town but seeing this kind of work being done is something to smile about.

MM

Awesome Mattmax, I will take a gander down there. I have been anxiously awaiting the revitalization of the Village of Lancaster.!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MaddMatt View Post
    I, for one, am overjoyed to see that the facade updates are beginning in Downtown Lancaster. The NY Store's huge panels are coming down and the old brick and windows are being exposed to daylight for the first time in decades. I'm sure it will be a long process but I can't wait to see the progress on this and all the other buildings that were given grants.

There is lots to complain about in our village and town but seeing this kind of work being done is something to smile about.

MM
    Yes, the New York Store is really starting to look great!! I was thrilled to see brick on building exposed...

It's a sign of just plain getting old. I remember what the New York Store looked like before they refaced it. I always wondered what the Raynor Exchange was?

I can't wait to see what it looks like when it's finished. My thoughts are, it will look better than when they refaced it. They refaced it because it needed work.

I'm glad they started and can't wait till they start work on other buildings.

Ditto, saw the New York store and it invited me to go in and shop. Loved the whole concept of revitalization. As I was in the store, I spent a lot of money.

That place had great stuff. I encourage our people of Lancaster to go in there and shop. They have great spring items for both women and men.

Can't wait to see the rest!!!!!

Haven't been the the NY Store for years. Do they still have the air tubes {don't know what else to call them} going from the first to second floor? Remember them as a kid and always thought they were awesome.

The pneumatic tubes are gone. The upstairs is used for storage and the person who sews and hems works up there.

They still have my favorite manikin. The short, fat, bald guy who is sort of built like me. He's in the back, to the left of the counter. That manikins been there ever since I can remember. It's got to be one of a kind. They just don't make short, fat, bald guy manikins anymore. I swear if they ever go out of business, I'm going to buy that manikin and donate it to the historical society. In an odd way, to me, that manikin is as much a symbol of the Village of Lancaster as the lighthouse in Como Park.

The New York Store has great clothes. Both my wife and I shop there. I love it cause I'm a guy with no sense of style. I walk in there and tell them to make me look good, and they do.

Nice howell, I should of added, the people who service the customers, were wonderful, informative and friendly. Great customer service....

I think all of my back to school clothes, at least up into part of high school, were purchased at the NY store. I remember from there we would go across the street to Endicott Johnson's for shoes and sneakers and then over to Murphy's for school supplies. Also remember going to the surplus store for my first Army jacket {kind of funny young hippies wearing Army jackets}. And on many occasions going to the movies at the theater on Central. Ahhhhhh those were the days!

Howell, you may have some competition for that short, fat, bald guy manniken; there are getting to be more and more of us every day, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bud B Boomer View Post
    I think all of my back to school clothes, at least up into part of high school, were purchased at the NY store. I remember from there we would go across the street to Endicott Johnson's for shoes and sneakers and then over to Murphy's for school supplies. Also remember going to the surplus store for my first Army jacket {kind of funny young hippies wearing Army jackets}. And on many occasions going to the movies at the theater on Central. Ahhhhhh those were the days!

Howell, you may have some competition for that short, fat, bald guy manniken; there are getting to be more and more of us every day, lol
    You have no idea how much of my paper route and first job at McDonald's money was spent at the Surplus store. My favorites were the solid steel civil defense helmets, gas masks with the filters cut off, army jackets, cowboy boots, desert boots, pocket knives and other totally useless things boys must have.

Quote Originally Posted by gshowell View Post
    You have no idea how much of my paper route and first job at McDonald's money was spent at the Surplus store. My favorites were the solid steel civil defense helmets, gas masks with the filters cut off, army jackets, cowboy boots, desert boots, pocket knives and other totally useless things boys must have.
    And now you grew up and the boy toys are still useless but now much more expensive.

I agree

I went in to get a tie for a special event last week but their blazers were on sale. I realized I didn't have a blazer... lots of suits but not a nice navy blazer. I ended up with the royal blue blazer at a great price, an incredible Jerry Garcia tie and wrapped everything up in about 10-15 minutes.

I couldn't get that level of service, close parking and the ability to get in and out in under 20 minutes at the Galleria or Eastern Hills. Not to mention the quality of the product.

Head downtown to check out the progress and stop into Aquila's or the NY Store and see why more and more of us are getting excited about the progress.

MM

Quote Originally Posted by MaddMatt View Post
    I went in to get a tie for a special event last week but their blazers were on sale. I realized I didn't have a blazer... lots of suits but not a nice navy blazer. I ended up with the royal blue blazer at a great price, an incredible Jerry Garcia tie and wrapped everything up in about 10-15 minutes.

I couldn't get that level of service, close parking and the ability to get in and out in under 20 minutes at the Galleria or Eastern Hills. Not to mention the quality of the product.

Head downtown to check out the progress and stop into Aquila's or the NY Store and see why more and more of us are getting excited about the progress.

MM
    If Aquila's has some available, try one of their killer chocolate chip cookies.

Great stuff, I love this ...how about a cafe' shop for the summer duration so we can sit outside and drink a latta' or a ice cream palor? Or is Eddie Ryan's going to have seating outdoors? They should beef up their menu, I heard the food was not too good.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Great stuff, I love this ...how about a cafe' shop for the summer duration so we can sit outside and drink a latta' or a ice cream palor? Or is Eddie Ryan's going to have seating outdoors? They should beef up their menu, I heard the food was not too good.
    I am not positive of the final outcome. The Village is working on it's outdoor dining code. They may be done, they may not.

Eddy Ryan's has applied for outdoor dining.

The best I can say is: there is a possibility there will be outdoor dining this summer in downtown Lancaster.

(If I have this right, The Fireside Inn has also applied for outdoor dining.)

I the former owners can here me, I want the gelato shop back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information