Cheektowaga Town Council monthly meeting ended very abruptly

This really did happen but several of us board members stayed and listened to these residents: Residents’ concerns need to be heard

On July 7, the Cheektowaga Town Council monthly meeting ended very abruptly.

Six homeowners, including myself, attended the meeting. It was the second month we attended en masse to bring to the attention of the board the serious issues we have with Benderson Development Corporation.

This is regarding the warehouses on Benbro Drive flooding our backyards, causing considerable damage to our properties. We have tried to contact Benderson many times but have gotten nowhere.

As we stood up to air our concerns, Mary Holtz, town supervisor, abruptly adjourned the meeting. As we began to speak, she grabbed her purse and simply walked out of the meeting. This was very unprofessional. I will say other members of the Town Council did stay and hear our continual problems.

Mary Holtz, by your early departure the meeting was cut short before the agenda was completed and our issues were not presented to you, our supervisor.

It is your duty to remain until all items on the agenda are addressed, and at the end, hopefully open the meeting to the citizens open forum.

I feel at this point we are indeed fighting the “Goliaths” of Cheektowaga.

Fran Carr

Nantucket Drive East
Cheektowaga

http://www.cheektowagabee.com/news/2..._be_heard.html