Thread: Benbro Drive flooding Cheektowaga Council monthly meeting ended very abruptly

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Benbro Drive flooding Cheektowaga Council monthly meeting ended very abruptly

Cheektowaga Town Council monthly meeting ended very abruptly

This really did happen but several of us board members stayed and listened to these residents: Residents’ concerns need to be heard

On July 7, the Cheektowaga Town Council monthly meeting ended very abruptly.

Six homeowners, including myself, attended the meeting. It was the second month we attended en masse to bring to the attention of the board the serious issues we have with Benderson Development Corporation.

This is regarding the warehouses on Benbro Drive flooding our backyards, causing considerable damage to our properties. We have tried to contact Benderson many times but have gotten nowhere.

As we stood up to air our concerns, Mary Holtz, town supervisor, abruptly adjourned the meeting. As we began to speak, she grabbed her purse and simply walked out of the meeting. This was very unprofessional. I will say other members of the Town Council did stay and hear our continual problems.

Mary Holtz, by your early departure the meeting was cut short before the agenda was completed and our issues were not presented to you, our supervisor.

It is your duty to remain until all items on the agenda are addressed, and at the end, hopefully open the meeting to the citizens open forum.

I feel at this point we are indeed fighting the “Goliaths” of Cheektowaga.

Fran Carr

Nantucket Drive East
    Cheektowaga

http://www.cheektowagabee.com/news/2..._be_heard.html

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I highlighted Benbro Drive

I bet that Walmart is going to have a very large parking lot. Will the sewers be able to handle the run off when we get a very hard rain?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Which board members stayed once Mary left?

I recently bought a car from a guy two blocks west off Benbrook. I couldn't believe how much water was in his yard - as soon as he dug the post whole it filled with water - the side walks in the area were all lifted.

As I said - He was trying to put a fence post in his yard next to the driveway - holy smokes has it always been that bad ?

I cant believe people in that area haven't been screaming for years already. But this is what happens when government is out of touch with tax payers. These people just don't want to rock the Party vote - so in a way - you get what you vote for .

Now why would anyone think things will change when it comes to Benderson or Walmart - these people will steam roll who ever it takes. Just like in Lancaster when Walmart came to Town.

I also thought the Lancaster group would have chimed in on this project - but I guess like they say - "as long as its not in my back yard" -
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

oh god that don't surprise me at all with her.... people keep voting these same old people back in office and this is what you get. wait until these people get the Walmart mess that will be in there area.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Which board members stayed once Mary left?
    Jerry kaminsky followed Holtz out just like a little puppy up her xxx

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Hmmmm.

Isn't that lovely? Holtz should be ashamed of herself walking out of a meeting without addressing the concerns of the flooding victims

Georgia L Schlager

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Next Cheektowaga Democratic Campaign flyer "We now offer lawn watering services"... yeah that's it....

does anyone know if Benderson plans to fix that mess

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I saw this topic come up in the our cheektowaga group.

Thread Information