Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Libby: Bush and Cheney Approved Leak

Libby: Bush and Cheney Approved Leak

WASHINGTON - Vice President Dick Cheney's former top aide told prosecutors President Bush authorized the leak of sensitive intelligence information about Iraq, according to court papers filed by prosecutors in the CIA leak case. Before his indictment, I. Lewis Libby testified to the grand jury investigating the Valerie Plame leak that Cheney told him to pass on the information and that it was Bush who authorized the leak, the court papers say. According to the documents, the authorization led to the July 8, 2003, conversation between Libby and New York Times reporter Judith Miller.

Disturbing if true.

Treachery made a monster out of me

It seems the wheels are fallin' off the Bush/Cheney chariot.

Obviously, if Georgie and Dickie had been paying more attention and doing less partying back when Nixon went down in flames, they'd have realized that nothing stays hidden forever in Washington.
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D
    It seems the wheels are fallin' off the Bush/Cheney chariot.

Obviously, if Georgie and Dickie had been paying more attention and doing less partying back when Nixon went down in flames, they'd have realized that nothing stays hidden forever in Washington.

I knew you were a Demoquack

Damn you people are fast!!!! I was going to post this.

Lewis Libby testified to the grand jury investigating the CIA leak that Cheney told him to pass on information and that it was Bush who authorized the disclosure

"Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism."-George Washington

"True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else."-Clarence Darrow

Quote Originally Posted by Cgoodsp466
    I knew you were a Demoquack
    Wow, their best defense is name-calling. I haven't been this shocked since Nathan Lane came out of the closet.

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis (1935)

Quote Originally Posted by LaNdReW
    So, does this mean we need an investigation into Leaker Bush? Sounds to me like the boy -- boys, if you add Cheney -- lied. Leaked confidential material during a time of war!

What next? Outing spies?

Oh. Oops.

I hope we don't shoot traitors anymore. That would be very uncomfortable for this country.....

The spin

A caveat to LHardy:

When planning your spin on this, you gotta play it both ways. The "innnocent till proven guilty", or "Libby's lying" argument is the immediate, most obvious, way to go.

However, you have to play your cards right, so that, when/if, it comes out that this is true, you need a "its not such a big deal" argument.

It's not easy defending someone who's integrity is being torn to shreds.

Quote Originally Posted by therising
    A caveat to LHardy:

When planning your spin on this, you gotta play it both ways. The "innnocent till proven guilty", or "Libby's lying" argument is the immediate, most obvious, way to go.

However, you have to play your cards right, so that, when/if, it comes out that this is true, you need a "its not such a big deal" argument.

It's not easy defending someone who's integrity is being torn to shreds.
    Thanks for the warning TR:
    The thing most of you have failed to realise is that a President does not leak anything. The President has the right to declasify (sp) anything and anyone he so chooses. The law would not have been violated nor the constitution. Ms. Plame was not covert, just a tool. You will notice how quickly the Dems back off. There will be no shouts for impeachment because of this. If they try the law will be thrown in their face as it has been for over 5 years now.
    The President and his administration has just pulled off the biggest "gotcha" in Presidential politics.
    The leaks that have run rampant in the tenure of this administration have had to be countered. This will prove that the leaks have been incited by Dems and detractors all along. Have you noticed how few there have been of late? They have been busted encouraging leaks from anyone they can to discredit, if possible, the Bush Administration.
    This is not spin TR this is what happens when you are president and your enimies are constantly out to get you. You have to counter with a ploy that they will just devour.
    They did and what a great waste of time. This whole leak case was doomed from day one when it was revealed that Plame was not covert. The Dems where given enough rope to hang themselves. Watch and see how the Dems spin the fact that the President has the right to declasify. That will be more interesting. The Dem and the Media witch hunt will have to come to an end. On this subject at least.

If you are going to send someone out to take down the President of the US you had better send someone other then Valerie Plame and her husband.
    Their performance in this whole fiasco makes it very clear they are incompetent and should have been released from duty.
    Last edited by LHardy; April 7th, 2006 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LHardy
    Thanks for the warning TR:
    The thing most of you have failed to realise is that a President does not leak anything.
    Ah, the old President as Emperor defense. Didn't see that coming, did you Rising? Probably because of the complete audaciousness of it.

For the memory impaired:

Feb. 11, 2004

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Bush said Tuesday he welcomes a Justice Department investigation into who revealed the classified identity of a CIA operative.

"If there's a leak out of my administration, I want to know who it is," Bush told reporters at an impromptu news conference during a fund-raising stop in Chicago, Illinois. "If the person has violated law, that person will be taken care of.

"I welcome the investigation. I am absolutely confident the Justice Department will do a good job.

"I want to know the truth," the president continued. "Leaks of classified information are bad things."

He added that he did not know of "anybody in my administration who leaked classified information."

Funny. Bush could have just ended the whole controversy by telling the country he had decided to declassify that information -- and since he can reveal any old thing he wants to, it was okay.

Slipped his mind, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by atotaltotalfan2001
    "I want to know the truth," the president continued. "Leaks of classified information are bad things."

He added that he did not know of "anybody in my administration who leaked classified information.".
    Oh my
    Are you saying Bush Lied? .......Our president lied?
    what next!
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

This will prove that the leaks have been incited by Dems and detractors all along.
    And, in a completely unrelated story, Earth was knocked out of orbit today by the force of dozens of posters to a Buffalo message board rolling their eyes at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by steven
    Oh my
    Are you saying Bush Lied? .......Our president lied?
    what next!
    Either that or he has a very short memory.

In any case, both options show him unfit to hold office. Although, I'm thinking Cheney will take the hit, so that Bush doesn't find himself in the position of resigning, or being impeached.

Oh no! I said "impeached." Silly me. We'd need to prove El Presidente Bush lied about his sex life in order to impeach him. What was I thinking? We all know a president who lies about his sex life is much worse than a president who lies about revealing classified war-related documents.

If you are going to send someone out to take down the President of the US you had better send someone other then Valerie Plame and her husband.
    Their performance in this whole fiasco makes it very clear they are incompetent and should have been released from duty.
    LHardy, Valerie Plame and her husband are no longer the issue. The question of whether she was a covert CIA agent is no longer the issue.

The issue is: Bush said he had no knowledge of anyone in the White House revealing classified information.

I bitter pill to swallow for you. But then, all those journalists he wants to jail for "leaking" classified info -- released with Bush's approval -- isn't so easy to digest either.

Bush lied. Get him out of office.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information