Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: REWRITING THE SCIENCE -for our own good

REWRITING THE SCIENCE -for our own good

Manupilation by the OIL INDUSTRY "everywhere", and in "everything".

Jim Hansen is a NASA SCIENTIST, that has been SEVERELY CENSORED BY THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION TO PREVENT THE TRUTH ABOUT GLOBAL WARMING FROM BEING REVEALED.

"The attack on Global Warming"

"Dr. Hansen believes that the world is in serious trouble -- so much trouble that he refuses to remain silent even when the Bush administration orders him to be so..."

Who was the PRESIDENTS SCIENCE ADVISOR......
    the ...."Chief-of-staff of the Council on Environmental Quality" ?
    It was ...PHIL COONEY.

Who "is" ...PHIL COONEY ?

PHIL COONEY "is" a lawyer, I repeat a "LAWYER" ....NOT a "scientist" !
    Not only was he NOT EVEN a scientist, he was a ...."LOBBYIST" !!
    NOT only a lobbyist,...but ....a former lobbyist for the OIL INDUSTRY !!

He NO LONGER works as.... "the PRESIDENTS SCIENCE ADVISOR"
    NOW, he...
    "...left the White House and went to work for Exxon Mobil"

These are the people "WERE SUPPOSED TO TRUST" to .... "PROTECT US" !!

REWRITING THE SCIENCE
    March 19, 2006
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...n1415985.shtml

Piltz says Cooney is not a scientist. "He's a lawyer. He was a lobbyist for the American Petroleum Institute, before going into the White House," he says.

Cooney, the former oil industry lobbyist, became chief-of-staff at the White House Council on Environmental Quality. Piltz says Cooney edited climate reports in his own hand. In one report, a line that said earth is undergoing rapid change becomes “may be undergoing change.” “Uncertainty” becomes “significant remaining uncertainty.” One line that says energy production contributes to warming was just crossed out.

"He was obviously passing it through a political screen," says Piltz. "He would put in the word potential or may or weaken or delete text that had to do with the likely consequence of climate change, pump up uncertainty language throughout."

For months, 60 Minutes had been trying to talk with the president’s science advisor.
    60 Minutes was finally told he would never be available.
    Phil Cooney, the editor at the Council on Environmental Quality didn’t return 60 Minutes' calls.

In June, he left the White House and went to work for Exxon Mobil.

BUT ACCORDING TO THE "FEW"....IT'S NOT ABOUT THE OIL,....I$ IT????

THEY ARE DELIBERATELY WITHHOLDING THIS INFORMATION FROM THE PUBLIC....
    TO $PREAD ...... "DEMOCRACY" AROUND THE WORLD!!
    THEY ARE $PREADING ....$OMETHING !!! BUT IT AIN'T DEMOCRACY!

THERE'S NO "$$$$$" IN...DEMOCRACY, IS THERE?

TRUST 'EM !! THEY "KNOW" WHAT'$ GOOD .....FOR OUR OWN $AKE$!

BUT, JUST IN CA$E, GO BUY $OME MORE ....."DUCT TAPE" & $OME.... $UN BLOCK !!!

Hey avet.

Did you hear Bush's press conference today? If so, what did you think?

If so, what did you think?
    atotaltotalfan2001, I know you'll find this hard to believe, but, I CANNOT STAND TO WATCH THIS MAN TALK LIVE ON TV, AT ALL. I "seriously" believe he may be "the" cause of the complete downfall of this nation, and everything it used to stand for. I get very disgusted by his many blatent, outright, "lies", from DAY #1, and even his manorisms, severely turn me off.
    I will read about what he said, later.

I do not see a "world class" leader, but a former "rich boy", whose daddy was very, very, powerfull person, (as are most of the rest of his entire family). A cheerleader who escaped prosecution from DWI's, from being AWOL, from prosecution, for insider trading when he dumped his company stocks just before the company went suddenly "belly up" (that co. was funded by the Bin Ladens - the records of that transaction are kept SECRET by GWB) etc., etc. ....ad nauseam

In other words, I WILL NEVER TRUST "ANYTHING" HE SAYS. His actions ARE destroying AMERICA as I once knew it, and I myself, "swore" to defend.

Here's some more of their "answers" to our problems:

WHAT "IS" THEIR ANSWER TO ....EVERY SINGLE "PROBLEM" IN THE WORLD TODAY?

IT SOMEHOW "ALWAYS" INVOLVES" ....CUTTING APART, SOME PART OF OUR ....
    CONSTITUTION OR RIGHTS !! PIECE, BY,..... TINY LITTLE PIECE!

DRUGS? It's a.... HUGE PROBLEM!!
    Where is "THE" biggest supply of drugs come from, ....our BIGGEST PROBLEM?
    Our WIDE OPEN BORDERS...which CANNOT be shut down, due to the HEAVY INFLUX (INVASION) of .....CHEAP FREEKIN LABOR !!

W.House pushes more schools to drug-test students
    Mar 19
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060319/...ugs_testing_dc

White House officials say drug testing is an effective way to keep students away from harmful substances like marijuana and crystal methamphetamine, and have held seminars across the country to promote the practice to local school officials.

Requiring students to produce a urine sample or hair sample for laboratory testing is a relatively recent tactic in the United States' decades-long "war on drugs," along with surveillance cameras and drug-sniffing dogs in school hallways.

Adults in the military and many workplaces have long been subject to testing, but U.S. courts have ruled that public schools cannot impose random tests on an entire student body.

NWO? NO WAY !!! YOU GUYS ARE ....."WACKY" !!

US-Indo nuke deal will strengthen international peace: Kissinger
    March 21, 2006
    http://www.zeenews.com/znnew/article...282995&sid=NAT

Kissinger who served as Secretary of state to then President Richard Nixon, between 1973 and 1977, and is now a *major member of the Bilderberg Group, said.....

''America's global strategy benefits from the Indian participation in building a new world order. But India will not serve as America's foil with China, and will resent any attempts to use it in that role,'' he added.
    * "The U.S. group is directed by Henry Kissinger, David Rockefeller, Paul Arthur Allaire and Richard Charles Albert Holbrooke

Mickey Herskowitz who had struck a deal to ghost write Bush's autobiography said that....

"He was thinking about invading Iraq in 1999," "It was on his mind.

He said to me: 'One of the keys to being seen as a great leader is to be seen as a commander-in-chief.'

And he said,
    'My father had all this political capital built up when he drove the Iraqis out of Kuwait and he wasted it.'
    He said, 'If I have a chance to invade·.if I had that much capital, I'm not going to waste it.

I'm going to get everything passed that I want to get passed and I'm going to have a successful presidency...

THIS IS HIS IDEA OF ...."SUCESS" ???

U.S. NATIONAL DEBT CLOCK
    http://brillig.com/debt_clock/

The estimated population of the United States is 298,834,478
    so each citizen's share of this debt is $27,703.77.

The National Debt has continued to increase an average of
    $2.01 billion per day since September 30, 2005!

Mexican oil reserve

World Updates
    Tuesday March 14, 2006

Mexican President says new deep-water oil found

MEXICO CITY (AP) - Mexico has made a deep-water oil discovery in the Gulf of Mexico that could be larger than the country's giant Cantarell offshore field, President Vicente Fox said on Monday.

The oil find is under 950 meters (3,117 feet) of water and a further 4,000 meters (13,120 feet) underground, Fox said in an interview with Dow Jones Newswires.

The find will be formally announced Tuesday, he said.

"We have been investing $5 billion (euro4.2 billion) a year in exploration, and that work, that investment, is now bearing fruit,'' Fox said.

Original total reserves at Cantarell, Mexico's largest oil field, stood at 11.5 billion barrels but its output has been steadily falling.

Production at Cantarell is expected to decline 6 percent this year, to 1.9 million barrels a day, and decline even more sharply in subsequent years.

Fox said that state oil monopoly Petroleos Mexicanos, or Pemex, contracted a private company to drill the well, and that the result "indicates reserves that exceed those of Cantarell.''

Pemex sees deep-water crude as one of its best bets for replacing reserves and for increasing production as Cantarell declines.

The fastest way for Pemex to get the oil out would be by forming alliances with companies that have the deep-water technology.

However, current laws forbid private companies from exploration and production activities in Mexico except when they are under contract to Pemex.

Energy Secretary Fernando Canales told Dow Jones Newswires the ban on Pemex forming alliances for deep-water drilling would slow down the process of developing the reserves, but won't keep Pemex from getting at the oil.

"We don't need just one, but many wells,'' Canales said.

He declined to give further details of the new oil find.

The Fox administration has been attempting to ease foreign investment restrictions in the state-run energy sector.

But all his initiatives have been blocked by the opposition-dominated Congress.

Nevertheless, Fox said his government has pushed for expansion and development in the oil sector.

"We haven't been sitting with our arms folded,'' Fox said.

Pemex produced 3.33 million barrels a day of crude oil last year, of which it exported 1.82 million barrels.

This year, the company expects to raise production to about 3.42 million barrels a day.

Pemex hit its first deep-water oil in late 2004, when it contracted Diamond Offshore Drilling to drill a well at a depth of 681 meters (2,235 feet) in Campeche Sound, producing an initial flow of 1,200 barrels a day of very heavy crude.

Latest business news from AP-Wire
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shortly after this story was release, President Bush announced that he has intelligence that Mexico posesses weapons of mass destruction.

atotaltotalfan2001,
    I just "forced" myself to watch, approx 30 sec's of a clip. In just these 30 sec's, I heard, what is just, more "blatent", outright, ...LIES!

Helen Thomas get a question in today, but she did and as usual, President Bush was evasive and cut her off repeatedly.

I'm quoting him as "best" as I can...

g.w.b.
    "I didn't want war.... to assume I wanted war was flat wrong, Helen, with all due respect.
    No president wants war! Everything you may have heard, ...it's that,...but it's simply not true!
    ------YET, ACCORDING TO HIS AUTOBIOGROPHER, I JUST QUOTED, JUST MINUTES AGO,
    Mickey Herskowitz who had struck a deal to ghost write Bush's autobiography said that....
    "He was thinking about invading Iraq in 1999,"
    Is Mickey Herskowitz ....LYING ??

g.w.b.
    "When we got attacked, I vowed then and there, to use every asset at my disposal, to protect the American people."
    Mickey Herskowitz got this right!
    He said, ....
    'If I have a chance to invade·.if I had that much capital, I'm not going to waste it.
    g.w.b.
    "PART OF THAT!.....meant to make sure that we didn't allow people provide safe-haven to the enemy...and that's why I went into Iraq.
    HE MAKES IT SOUND LIKE ....SADAM WAS GOING TO PROTECT O.B.L., AND THE LIKES OFF !!!
    WE ALL "KNOW", FOR A "FACT", THE TRUTH ABOUT THAT...DON'T WE?

g.w.b.
    .....I also saw a threat in Iraq........and the WORLD said.....
    NO, YOU & TONY BLAIR (the "world" ????) SAID, "REPEATEDLY"....OVER & OVER & OVER & OVER & OVER & OVER......

THE REST OF THE "WORLD" WAS HOLDING ...THE BIGGEST PROTEST "EVER" IN THE "HISTORY OF THE WORLD", ....AGAINST THE WAR IN IRAQ !!!!

The longest I have been able to stand watching bush was,.... when he did the ..."Roast for Jeff Foxworthy" !!!

Wow.
    Speaking of ...I can't stand his "manorisms" when he speaks. I was just watching some more of his clips on CNN, and bam...there it is again!!
    That stupid ....pause....then grin...like some sort of "chesser cat" !

Then it finally dawned on me, just now! It reminds me, so much, of when they did an extensive prison interview with ...Charles Manson. He had the "exact" same speech "manorisms" I see in bush. Wow! I never did really think about it 'till now.

I loved how no one in the press dare question our ever growing record deficits or the increase in the debt. ceiling or if it is moral for a leader of this nation to crack jokes with that stupid smirk while we're indeed at war or why there are no receipts, records, remorse dealing with how and where U.S. taxpayer funding is being spent on the 'War on Terror' or even question if he knows what a true conservative really is.

an example of acceptable namecalling

President George W. Bush is a damn jackass.

Quote Originally Posted by avet
    Wow.
    Speaking of ...I can't stand his "manorisms" when he speaks. I was just watching some more of his clips on CNN, and bam...there it is again!!
    That stupid ....pause....then grin...like some sort of "chesser cat" !

Then it finally dawned on me, just now! It reminds me, so much, of when they did an extensive prison interview with ...Charles Manson. He had the "exact" same speech "manorisms" I see in bush. Wow! I never did really think about it 'till now.
    Avet, I heard some of the press conference on the radio and I was sickened. Helen Thomas did try to question him on his sweeping justifications but he just cut her off again and again. And how about the rest of White House press corp, yucking it up with Bush? Gag me.

Truth to tell, Bush scares the bejesus out of me.

Manupilation by the OIL INDUSTRY "everywhere", and in "everything".

Jim Hansen is a NASA SCIENTIST, that has been SEVERELY CENSORED BY THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION TO PREVENT THE TRUTH ABOUT GLOBAL WARMING FROM BEING REVEALED.
    Interesting this thread is called 'REWRITING THE SCIENCE -for our own good'

It oughta be called 'OMITTING THE SCIENCE -for our own good'

Jim Hansen, in the "60 Minutes" article on CBS' website....although a prominent scientist at NASA- he oddly failed to mention the shrinking icecaps on Mars. Omission of Jim's? Strange that NASA discovers this, yet Jim, being a NASA scientist, doesn't mention it. 60 Minutes? CBS has used this show to provide, among other things, the fantastic Audi acceleration problem- the one where the car magically had enough acceleration to overpower it's brakes, then strike something- be it a garage or a kid- then, amazingly, return to it's previous state.

This sure doesn't strike me as a scientifically valid broadcast.
    Last edited by colossus27; March 22nd, 2006 at 07:36 PM.

W.House pushes more schools to drug-test students
    Mar 19
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060319/...ugs_testing_dc

White House officials say drug testing is an effective way to keep students away from harmful substances like marijuana and crystal methamphetamine, and have held seminars across the country to promote the practice to local school officials.
    Well, maybe the other harmful substances- like alcohol, junk-science, and "intelligent" design- are considered beneficial.

...he oddly failed to mention the shrinking icecaps on Mars. Omission of Jim's?
    I am no scientist myself, but, what has that got to do with our atmosphere here on earth?

This sure doesn't strike me as a scientifically valid broadcast.
    Validity? Do you see any validity comming from our government?

It is a fact, it has become an almost wierd sort of "religious" doctrine, that we .....MUST BELIEVE "WHATEVER" OUR GOVERNMENT TELLS US. Trust 'em !

They have more financial power (used to), and just pure power, than ANY other entity on this ENTIRE planet.

The government has told us they had NO PREVIOUS IDEA that they were going to use planes to attack us. Didn't they lie?
    The government STOPPED, I repeat STOPPED, not "didn't know about" key investigations of 9\11 perps.
    The government has told us O.B.L. attacked us, and SWORE A BLOOD OATH to get him, long, long ago. They once had him ....virtually trapped, long, long, long ago.
    The government has told us we were under MAJOR SEVER DANGER of an ATTACK, DIRECTLY ON OUR OWN SOIL from Sadam....very, very, SOON.
    The government has told us the war would be almost nearly paid for, by Iraq oil.
    The government has told us to "trust" Halliburton. (9 Billion missing, long, long ago - no big deal)
    The government has told us "Mission Accomplished" long, long ago!
    The government has told us they have trained umpteen batalions of Iraqs, long, long ago.
    The government has told us, repeatedly, Sadam was "THE" problem. We "got" him, long, long ago.
    I can go on, and on, and on.

Who "should" I believe ? I MUST give one "validity", correct?

Jim Hansen "is" at least, a scientist at NASA ...at "LEAST".

Phil Cooney, the presidents appointed "SCIENCE ADVISOR" was an ex-oil industry lobbyist, who happens to be a "lawyer", with NO science degree whatsoever, and now just happens to be working back in the oil industry.

He had slapped a gag order on Jim Hansen. For what "logical" reason?

Hmmmm? ....Who should I "logically" believe?

NASA scientist? ...or lawyer lobbyist for the oil industry?

I think I'll pick ...Jim Hansen.
    __________________________________________________ ____

Well, maybe the other harmful substances- like alcohol, junk-science, and "intelligent" design- are considered beneficial.
    Fine! Let them do drug tests, dna sampling, on all students. But under ONE condition!

ALL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES FROM THE PRESIDENT ON DOWN MUST DO THE SAME!

There are NO exclusions in a "democracy".

I am no scientist myself, but, what has that got to do with our atmosphere here on earth?

Validity? Do you see any validity comming from our government?

Jim Hansen "is" at least, a scientist at NASA ...at "LEAST".

Phil Cooney, the presidents appointed "SCIENCE ADVISOR" was an ex-oil industry lobbyist, who happens to be a "lawyer", with NO science degree whatsoever, and now just happens to be working back in the oil industry.

He had slapped a gag order on Jim Hansen. For what "logical" reason?

Hmmmm? ....Who should I "logically" believe?

NASA scientist? ...or lawyer lobbyist for the oil industry?
    Shrinking Martian icecaps have one cause and only one cause. Increased solar output. It's not caused by SUVs, traffic jams in Mexico City, or prevented by Martians pissing away billions of your tax dollars in bipartisan ethanol subsidies to 'clean up' emissions in cars with oxygen sensors. Jim Hansen- despite your reasoning- hardly shows a sound scientific approach by ignoring this obvious issue. Shame on "60 Minutes" for continuing in this tradition of tabloid journalism.

If you want to slice-and-dice statistical data, then blame a temperature increase on gases, you need to consider other issues. You cannot and will not raise the temperature of the Earth merely by adding CO2. It doesn't spontaneously generate heat. In addition, the level of CO2 that causes absorbance of 'all' solar radiation was attained in the early 1900s. You add more CO2, there is no added absorbance because it's already being completely absorbed. Different story if the solar output rises. But taking the CO2 away isn't gonna lower the temperature either, since the sun is simply generating more heat.

How many people are aware that the worst 'greenhouse' gas is water vapor? What's the solution there, Mr. Gore? Saran-wrapping the oceans?

This sort of selective mis(?) information has been the hallmark of the US government for many years. Look into the ADM/ethanol subsidizes for more about that.

This does not apply in any way, shape, or form to the scientific awareness shown by our government.
    Last edited by colossus27; March 23rd, 2006 at 06:59 AM.

What's the solution there, Mr. Gore? Saran-wrapping the oceans?
    This sort of selective mis(?) information has been the hallmark of the US government for many years.
    True. I agree about selective mis(?) information.

What's bush\cheney's solution?

They set "the" new benchmark for absolute total secracy and closed-door meetings!

The executive director of Vice President Dick Cheney's energy task force, whose closed-door meetings with industry executives enraged environmentalists and prompted a Supreme Court showdown this week, became an energy lobbyist just months after leaving the White House, records show.
    Behind the Closed Door
    Bush Seeks Approval for Secret Meetings, Polluting Trucks
    Industry Documents Reveal Animal Factories Using Closed-Door Meetings with Bush Administration to Evade Environmental Laws Environmental Groups Petition EPA to Stop Sweetheart Deal Drafted Without Public Input
    Judicial Watch and the Sierra Club filed a lawsuit in federal court to obtain the release of all of the task force records. The lawsuit argues that in 2001 Cheney violated the "open-government" law, known as the Federal Advisory Committee Act, by meeting behind closed doors with energy industry executives, analysts and lobbyists. The lawsuit continues today. A federal appeals court ruled in July 2003 that Cheney must supply all the information requested in the lawsuit. But Cheney continues to stonewall the request. So, on December 15, 2003, the Supreme Court announced it will hear Cheney's appeal of the case.
    **Three weeks later, Cheney and Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia spent a weekend together duck hunting at a private resort in southern Louisiana, giving rise to calls for Scalia to recuse himself from Cheney's appeal. So far, Scalia has refused.
    **I'm suprised Scalia was not "shot in the face"! It's perfectly legal! (for cheney, at least)

This does not apply in any way, shape, or form to the scientific awareness shown by our government.
    No it doesn't. I didn't want to start a completely new thread for just that.
    But I think it would be extremely reveling if they too were required to take periodic drug tests. There monitoring is WAY MORE important than some kids in school

Nor does the present administration show any awarness of the "Constitution" in any way, shape, or form!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information