Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Cost Immigration Solution

OK, the world is not beating a path to my simple, yet brilliant, solution to the immigration problem.

Here's another simple, effective solution to another problem that I've heard absolutely nothing about since.

About ten years ago, I heard what the single most common paper denomination was. What would you guess? George's? Abe's? Twenties?

Wrong, The single largest volume denomination in circulation is $100 bills.

I was astounded. How often do you see a $100.00 bill in circulation? Except for paying rent, I can guarantee you that most merchants will give you a hard time if you try to pass them a $100 bill.

The answer is, it's the currency used in drug trafficking. Suitcases full of hundreds are standard units of measure to wholesale drug transactions. The suitcases, when not needed for immediate transactions, are kept as sealed storage units of value.

You could bankrupt the entire global drug trafficking industry overnight by one single action: declare that on some date certain in the future, the only $100 bills that would be accepted would be those printed by the gov with red ink. No change in paper stock; no change in printing plates.

Everyone would be free to turn in their old 100s at any time up. They'll be given crisp, new red Benjamins.

Big problem for drug traffickers: any transaction involving $10,000 or larger currently involves specific, manual documentation by the individual and his/her banker.

That'd be 100 Benjamins.

Easy, elegant, simple. But I've never heard anything about it.
    Truth springs from argument among friends.

Quote Originally Posted by biker
    OK, the world is not beating a path to my simple, yet brilliant, solution to the immigration problem.

Here's another simple, effective solution to another problem that I've heard absolutely nothing about since.

About ten years ago, I heard what the single most common paper denomination was. What would you guess? George's? Abe's? Twenties?

Wrong, The single largest volume denomination in circulation is $100 bills.

I was astounded. How often do you see a $100.00 bill in circulation? Except for paying rent, I can guarantee you that most merchants will give you a hard time if you try to pass them a $100 bill.

The answer is, it's the currency used in drug trafficking. Suitcases full of hundreds are standard units of measure to wholesale drug transactions. The suitcases, when not needed for immediate transactions, are kept as sealed storage units of value.

You could bankrupt the entire global drug trafficking industry overnight by one single action: declare that on some date certain in the future, the only $100 bills that would be accepted would be those printed by the gov with red ink. No change in paper stock; no change in printing plates.

Everyone would be free to turn in their old 100s at any time up. They'll be given crisp, new red Benjamins.

Big problem for drug traffickers: any transaction involving $10,000 or larger currently involves specific, manual documentation by the individual and his/her banker.

That'd be 100 Benjamins.

Easy, elegant, simple. But I've never heard anything about it.
    Hey Biker. I'm not endorsing your proposal but I do think the immigration issue needs some new thinking and (yikes!!!) that would be your ideas in this case.

I'm trying to think of how you can get your ideas into the mix in a larger arena. Do you know any organizations that would take an interest?

I KNOW you'll hate this, but really: write a letter to The News. Or an email to Rush. I hate that guy -- he's a disgusting, self-serving, deluded hypocritical excuse for a human being -- but he does offer a big platform for different ideas.

Be my guest to take my idea to Rush, TTF. I know you listen to him with the shades drawn and the lights out. And take a shower afterwards.

But you know he's right.

I also thought of getting it to a wider audience.

Hell, I even wouldn't care if Schumer or the Hildebeast stole my idea. It would be the unique, infrequent and unexpected situation of a national Dem coming up with a new idea.

They'd probably be very suspicious of the idea coming from a patriotic, church-going proud American.

But coming from you, they might run with it.

I'm serious about solving the complex problem: getting millions of people who voluntarily and illegally to voluntarily go back to Mexico. And to assure there are MILLIONS of legal green cards available to let people come quickly back in in a regulated manner.

And I want a BIG, BIG wall, a la Israel all along the Mexican border. It's the only thing that's been shown to work. Our current "fence" is a series garbage can lids pop-riveted together.

Go ahead and surprise me TTF. Include the wall in your missive to the Hildebeast.

Just think of it, you personally could eclipse Ms. Sheehan as a Democratic activist. Yet one proposing revolutionary, common sense solutions.

Pardon me; I've got to go dab my eyes.

Biker...

These are your ideas, not mine. As I said, I'm not endorsing them in any way shape or form.

But the arena needs ideas. So, go for it. Do YOUR part and try to disseminate your proposal. That's what a patriot does. I was just (gag me) trying to do the right thing by suggesting you find a bigger forum for your ideas......

Although......

A wall truly will do no good until the reason for people to try to climb it is gone.

I really hated former Prez Ronald Reagan. But he did have an innate understanding of the human condition. Which is why he said:

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

Walls don't work. They destroy more than they achieve. Finding a solution is more complex than building walls -- something that even Reagan understood.

You oicked the wrong topic. I've already written on this very topic.

To reprise:

The only stain on the Gipper's illustrious record, he signed the immigration bill.

It failed.

There were 4 million, who voila became citizens.

And now there are 11 million more.

As Scotty said, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on you."

(I thought a TV analogy would appeal to a CA girl.)

BTW-Your probably so full of your pompous use of Reagan, you're blind to one real big, big fact.

The Berlin Wall worked.

It was meant to trap a captive people and serve as a prophylactic to ideas.

But it worked until the day it broke down.

Walls are ugly, but what choice have we got.

Are you proposing sterilization of the entire Mexican population? The only way I can think to stop the next generation from inundating the Southern Border.

Fox told Bush "FU" or whatever it is in Spanish (that SOB even refused to speak in English to the Canadian reporters. And he's very fluent.).

So they're not going to make any effort to police their own border. Fox told Bush to do so is against the Mexican constitution.

So millions more Mexicans, no border enforcement on their side.

How about making the Mexican economy successful. Like that could happen.

Wait-is your real plan to have the US take over Mexico and straighten it out.

Wowee, you're even more heartless than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by biker
    BTW-Your probably so full of your pompous use of Reagan, you're blind to one real big, big fact.

The Berlin Wall worked.

It was meant to trap a captive people and serve as a prophylactic to ideas.

But it worked until the day it broke down.

Walls are ugly, but what choice have we got.

Are you proposing sterilization of the entire Mexican population? The only way I can think to stop the next generation from inundating the Southern Border.

Fox told Bush "FU" or whatever it is in Spanish (that SOB even refused to speak in English to the Canadian reporters. And he's very fluent.).

So they're not going to make any effort to police their own border. Fox told Bush to do so is against the Mexican constitution.

So millions more Mexicans, no border enforcement on their side.

How about making the Mexican economy successful. Like that could happen.

Wait-is your real plan to have the US take over Mexico and straighten it out.

Wowee, you're even more heartless than I thought.
    Eeew, Biker. That was an ugly post.

BTW: I hated Reagan, but I wasn't using his Berlin Wall remarks against him. Whatever his faults, he did have an intuitive understanding of people.

And, if you think the Berlin Wall worked....

That's just odd.

The Berlin Wall did not have the objective of keeping Western ideas or culture out of the Soviet Empire or proving that communism was superior to capitalism (or market capitalism).

Its purpose was simply to keep East Germans from easily fleeing to freedom.

The Great Wall of China was to keep mongols from easily sweeping into a wide-open China (love that "start button" commercial)

The Israeli wall has been hugely successfull in stopping suicide bombers.

Walls are an ugly, brutally effective symbol and reality of the inability of two peoples to come to a negotiated solution.

Which is where we're at with Mexico. Where we were twenty years ago. And, without a wall, where we'll be twenty years from now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information