Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Boehner Says He Plans to Sue Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Today President Obama advised us not to listen to the cable news shows, Washington pundits, and any media coverage that focuses on his administration's screw ups. This scandal business is nothing more than phony allegations says Obama. And to think that Pinocchio will get away with this one with the biased media and supporting libtards.

It was also sad to have heard the results of a poll today that claimed that only 40% of uber-liberals are proud of their country. How can that be when their man King Obama is running the country?
    Because he is not a liberal.

Well I know the focus of the court thing is about Obama but I dont really see this as a partisan thing. If the supreme court rules a lot of that stuff is hanky then that will go for everyone not just Obama.

The Book I referenced doesn't even touch the Obama years it mainly focuses on the Reagen/Clinton yrs with some daddy Bush thrown in..

This was written in 1993, I chopped it up because its even longer with charts and graphs

Let us begin with a simple but vitally important proposition: Government in America was never supposed to engage in the multitude of activities that it does today.

When the United States gained its independence more than 200 years ago, the founding fathers envisioned a national government with explicit and restricted responsibilities. These responsibilities pertained mainly to protecting the security of the nation and ensuring “domestic tranquility,” which meant preserving public safety. Especially in the realm of domestic affairs the founders foresaw very limited government interference in the daily lives of its citizens. The founders did not create a Department of Commerce, a Department of Education, or a Department of Housing and Urban Development. This was not an oversight: They simply never imagined that the national government would take an active role in such activities.

The minimal government involvement in the domestic economy would be funded and delivered at the state and local levels. Even that involvement was to be restricted by Congress’ authority over interstate commerce, an authority granted to Congress by the founders for the purpose of preventing the state governments from interfering with commerce.

Recognizing the propensity of governments to grow, the people added the Bill of Rights to the Constitution as an additional layer of protection for the rights of individuals against the state. The Bill of Rights was to ensure that government would never grow so large that it could trample on the individual and economic liberties of American citizens. These liberties are eroding. The United States has been gradually transformed from a nation with almost no government presence in the marketplace to one in which the government is now the predominant actor in the domestic economy. Consider the following:

• There are now more Americans employed by government than by the entire manufacturing sector in America.

• In the past 25 years the federal government has spent $2.5 trillion on welfare and aid to cities. This is enough money to purchase all of the assets of the Fortune 500 companies plus all of the farmland in the United States.

• In 1987 U.S. farmers received more money in government subsidies than they did in selling their crops in the marketplace. In short, farmers now produce for the government, not for U.S. consumers.

• In three states today—California, Maine, and New York—almost half of all middle-income family wages are captured by government through income, payroll, property, and sales taxes, and other levies.

• The federal government spent $16 per person in 1800, $27 per person in 1850, $109 per person in 1900, $1,544 per person in 1950, and $4,760 per person in 1990.

Why is the American public not rising up in protest? The answer seems to be that the growth of government has been sufficiently gradual over the past 50 to 100 years that most Americans today probably believe that this is the way government in America ought to act and has always acted.

Both of these contentions are wrong. Government has not always, and ought not, act as it does now. The following sections demonstrate with the aid of graphs and figures how government has grown over our nation’s history. We examine federal, state, and local government growth in five areas: expenditures, taxes, debt, welfare and transfer payments, and employment. (Bear in mind, this does not include the cost of back door spending, such as mandates and regulations. If they were included here, the cost of the federal government per person today would easily exceed $10,000.)

• In 1930 workers paid one of every eight dollars of them income in taxes.

• In 1950 workers paid one of every four dollars of their income in taxes.

• In 1992 workers paid one of every three dollars of their income in taxes.

• In 1900 state and local governments raised none of their revenues through income taxes.

• In 1960 state and local governments raised 10 percent of their revenues through income taxes.

• In 1992 state and local governments raised 26 percent of their revenues through income taxes.

• The first Social Security payroll tax rate, which was in place from 1937 to 1950, was 2 percent.

• By 1970, after the introduction of Medicare and the hospital insurance tax, the payroll tax rate was 9.6 percent.

• By 1980 the rate was 12.3 percent.

• By 1990 the rate was 15.3 percent.

People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Because he is not a liberal.
    Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha.

Obama is to the left of Che Guevera. He is a liberal, through and through. You'all own what he's doing to this country.
    "We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad." --Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeefan2009 View Post

Obama is to the left of Che Guevera. He is a liberal, through and through. You'all own what he's doing to this country.
    Your side can own it too. Putting up poor candidates and candidates with poor running mates on policies that were not in line with what the people wanted lost you your elections
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

ROTFLMAO. Only ignorant Right Wingnuts think that they represent the center.
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Your side can own it too. Putting up poor candidates and candidates with poor running mates on policies that were not in line with what the people wanted lost you your elections
    Pandering to the pollsters - running status quo party believers doesn't take much fore sight either. Both party's are guilty of that. But how much better are the herds of voters who keep preaching "change" while backing the status quo?

Its our fault - its their fault - its our parents fault - just keep pointing fingers and expend no true energy to make change. I get it - those who can quit !
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

I'm a liberal. Obama is not a liberal. At least his policies are not.

These idiot Right wingnuts are so stupid and ignorant that they probably think both Bush Sr and W were "libruls".
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

Thread is proof positive a third party is needed.

I can say that in all my years of watching presidents...I go back to Nixon.. That I have never seen a more F'd up situation in my lifetime then I have seen now..

Can any of you remember such a time in the past when there was some many controversies at the same time?? Holy crap it never stops and every week there is something new..

I can't, the IRS scandal pretty much put me over the edge..I try to be centrist about things but where we are going now , well... justsucks imho.

If Hilary gets one vote from NY.. well you all ought to be ashamed of yourselves...

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post

If Hilary gets one vote from NY.. well you all ought to be ashamed of yourselves...
    Boy, that's for sure. IF Hillary runs, I bet we see a lot more support for those third parties
    HipKat's Blog

Open borders, Amnesty, "free" universal healthcare, gay marriage, record deficits, weak foreign policy... sure sounds left wing fringe, liberal to me. Thanks for the laugh, though.
    "We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad." --Barack Obama

Open borders, Amnesty, "free" universal healthcare, gay marriage, record deficits, weak foreign policy... sure sounds left wing fringe, liberal to me. Thanks for the laugh, though.
    There are no "open borders"
    Reagan, Bush, etc all gave illegals amnesty
    Universal Health Care was Bob Dole's idea first and instituted by Romney in Mass.
    The record Deficit started under Bush
    Weak foreign policy has been something Presidents on both sides have dealt with

So, as usual Yankee, your post is a total fail
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    There are no "open borders"
    Reagan, Bush, etc all gave illegals amnesty
    Universal Health Care was Bob Dole's idea first and instituted by Romney in Mass.
    The record Deficit started under Bush
    Weak foreign policy has been something Presidents on both sides have dealt with

So, as usual Yankee, your post is a total fail
    Doesn't Matter

When will it be time to correct all those things? With your logic it won't ever happen. Is that ok? Obama has been in office for 6 years and is clearly making things WORSE. After 6 years you can't blame previous administrations. Especially when most of Obama's stand alone actions backfire and exacerbate our problems. Like when he opens the door for certain illegals, resulting in a flood of new ones expecting to get in under the same circumstance. There is an increase in infiltration because the illegals know they have the best chance of staying here when this guy is president. And Obama loves it.
    Democrats & Republicans Suck Alike.

I'm not "blaming" other administrations, but I'm not gonna let YankeeWhacko make it seem like none of these things ever existed before or are only something that happens under Democratic Presidents
    HipKat's Blog

I'll ask again,,

Can any of you remember a presidency in your lifetime with so many controversies? OR is that other administrations had as many we just did not know about them.

Nixon... Watergate

Ford...pardoning Nixon

With Carter,, I can remember the failed Iran hostage rescue,

Reagan,, Iran Contra,

Clinton...Monica, perjury

Bush x 2 Iraq war WMD.

Obama.. I don't have that much time to type them.

Also I would like someone especially Pundit to tell me why political historians regard Reagan as one of the Best presidents since Kennedy?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information