Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Control Board remains as "Hard Control Board"

Buffalo Control Board remains as "Hard Control Board"

“We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Unregistered
    Bottom line: The Buffalo Control Board will remain a "Hard Control Board" until a competent Mayor is in place.

DOING taxpayers a favor?

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing USA View Post
    Bottom line: The Buffalo Control Board will remain a "Hard Control Board" until a competent Mayor is in place.
    ya...BUT I thought I read that Patterson and da' Mayor Erk were best buds?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by joe d. View Post
    ya...BUT I thought I read that Patterson and da' Mayor Erk were best buds?
    They are, but Paterson is still "smart" enough to realize his good bud is an incompetent idiot.

Paterson must think that if he doesn't make any more mistakes, he'll have a shot at being elected.

Brown "says" he is against the CB

but there is evidence he is lying. The BFD just hired a lobbiest. They found out in Albany that our Mayor has done nothing to try and get rid of the Control Board. More evidence that the guy is less than truthful with people. He probably wants people to believe he has created the Cities surpluses , when in fact we all know it is the CB's fiscal restraints/practices, some being illegal, that have created these. It is a good ploy though, as he will in all likelihood get re elected. Nice enough person, but dishonest as they come.

It's sad that the people that we pay to do their jobs continue to need a babysitter because they are incompetent.

Personally, like the governator,, I think all public service employees should take a 10% pay cut.. starting at the top,,, maybe they should take more.

I remember when Erk voted for the 10k raise as a legislator before becomming mayor,

All these idiots should be on performance based pay.

There are projections out there that the city will have upwards of $200,000,000 in surplus come the end of the fiscal year. So what's the deal? I thought that the mayor was doing a bang up job, with accountability, transparency, economic development ($2 billion in projects), taxes down, etc.......

Could it be that in reality the surplus is really built on a house of cards and that nothing substantive has actually been accomplished (labor contracts, efficiencies, reform, etc) that would give the governor's office the confidence to remove the control board?

But I digress, why doesn't the control board at least (through it's powers) suspend or soften some of the rules? Sort of a test run, to see whether or not the city can do it on it's own, rather than have make them advisory.

Quote Originally Posted by CSense View Post
    There are projections out there that the city will have upwards of $200,000,000 in surplus come the end of the fiscal year. So what's the deal? I thought that the mayor was doing a bang up job, with accountability, transparency, economic development ($2 billion in projects), taxes down, etc.......

Could it be that in reality the surplus is really built on a house of cards and that nothing substantive has actually been accomplished (labor contracts, efficiencies, reform, etc) that would give the governor's office the confidence to remove the control board?

But I digress, why doesn't the control board at least (through it's powers) suspend or soften some of the rules? Sort of a test run, to see whether or not the city can do it on it's own, rather than have make them advisory.
    Good points,,

I always try to remind myself who actually owns that surplus...
    US

Patterson is no different than the last his predessors. He spends most of his time in Bob Wilmers pocket.
    Buffalo never needed a control board, Buffalo was never in the red. Massiello was convinced at the time that a control board would come with a blank checkbook from Albany. Wilmers fed in to that all the time using his influence down state to create legislation that was just the opposite.
    When it was created he made sure he had a seat on it to send it in the direction it is still taking today. Anti labor is the bassis of thier philosophy.
    But it's kind of a catch 22. Wilmers won't allow that control board to go away until Police and fire have what he feels is a contract to his liking. Yet the Police and fire will never sign a contract until the control board is gone.
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

By the way, what happened to biker? I miss the old coot.

Quote Originally Posted by Deerhunter View Post
    but there is evidence he is lying. The BFD just hired a lobbiest. They found out in Albany that our Mayor has done nothing to try and get rid of the Control Board. More evidence that the guy is less than truthful with people. He probably wants people to believe he has created the Cities surpluses , when in fact we all know it is the CB's fiscal restraints/practices, some being illegal, that have created these. It is a good ploy though, as he will in all likelihood get re elected. Nice enough person, but dishonest as they come.

I don't disagree with you that he may publicly be saying he wants it gone while privately he isn't working toward it.
    But he did give us a halfway decent contract.
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

By the way, what happened to biker? I miss the old coot.

"PLEEZ...show me where to sign"

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    It's sad that the people that we pay to do their jobs continue to need a babysitter because they are incompetent.

Personally, like the governator,, I think all public service employees should take a 10% pay cut.. starting at the top,,, maybe they should take more.

I remember when Erk voted for the 10k raise as a legislator before becomming mayor,All these idiots should be on performance based pay.
    YA....BUT YOU KNOW how much work it is to change a name of a street...HIS ONLY accomplishment!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by joe d. View Post
    YA....BUT YOU KNOW how much work it is to change a name of a street...HIS ONLY accomplishment!
    AND 311 ....

Right Surf?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginTaxpayer View Post
    AND 311 ....

Right Surf?
    Beat me to it.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfing USA View Post
    Beat me to it.
    I saw you were busy reading another thread so I took the liberty before someone else beat ya to it ...

Right person..wrong office

Quote Originally Posted by RaginTaxpayer View Post
    AND 311 ....

Right Surf?
    HE DID THIS....IN his STATE ELECTED POSITION???

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information