Thread: State Police Salaries

State Police Salaries

Starting pay 50k. 61k after 1 yr. 77,800 after 5 yrs. BCI Investigator (Detective) job rate 89k. Sr. Inv- 102 k. Lt.- 119k, Capt-130k additionally , each receive 500 for each yr in a longevity bonus, as well physical fitness incentive - 2k, as well education stipend for College degree. The State compensates their Police Officers. As a Bflo Cop, grossed 57k last yr. I have to think I took the wrong test.

double standard

No outrage over those salaries, but if the BPD made that kind of money, oh God, how outrageous. For a group whose primary function is traffic . While they do back up Sheriffs on rural calls, they aren't doing what Bflo Cops do on a nightly basis. I wonder why the double standard ? Interesting.
    They hate us till they need us.

Thank You!

I have a friend that is in the D District 8p till 6a. You guys I feel get a really bad rap. If people want a cheaper Police Force maybe they should think about the fact that cheaper doesnt always mean better. taxpayers think that you guys bullied your way into these contracts when in all reality It wasnt you that made the Contract . Blame the Council Members and the Negotiators for not the Men in Blue.

Dont like the Contracts you guys get .......Taxpayers should remember that in November. Stop crying like babies . If you cant afford to live in Buffalo or the Suburbs the 90 isnt to far from you start heading West........

men in Blue you are worth every penny you get !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless You guys and gals and THANK YOU!

I think the reason for that is one salary statewide. So in WNY it's a lot while the NY City area it's not as much buying power
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

location pay

if you work downstate you get additional money. They call it location pay. I am not sure what it amounts to so can't say for sure.

I have to think I took the wrong test.
    Try "I may have taken the wrong test."...

Nobody's stopping you from taking any civil service test. You might have some difficulty passing a NYS test where you don't have friends who can get you in, unlike Bflo...

I'm sure your prior experience counts for something. Perhaps BPD-PBA membership is actually a liability when applying for the Troopers, considering the past history of so many corruption convictions in that organization....
    Data is not the plural of Anecdote.

State Police Salaries

Quote Originally Posted by PBAguy
    For a group whose primary function is traffic . While they do back up Sheriffs on rural calls, they aren't doing what Bflo Cops do on a nightly basis.
    You mean, like writting parking tickets? Man, pot, kettle, black.

It's interesting, I pay thousands to the government every year to prevent being robbed of hundreds by a criminal.

think what you want

I don't know what you base your opinions on. You don't like Bflo Cops. So be it. I'm not going to write anything on here to change your point of view. Curmie, you don't have to know anybody to get on the BPD. Score high on the test. It is that simple. You do need 60 college credit hours. As well City residents get hired before non city residents. Maybe at one time you had to know someone, but you cant get around a test score. Civil Service determines who gets called by test scores. I should correct that statement, when quota hirees are needed, they pass over those who scored better to get to a minority. I don't believe it is fair, but so much in life isn't fair. I was lucky to score high enough as a white male to get hired. And as far as the way I write something, I think you got the msg. Good to hear from ya buddy !!

While they do back up Sheriffs on rural calls, they aren't doing what Bflo Cops do on a nightly basis. I wonder why the double standard ? Interesting.

Actually, in much of rural NYS, the Troopers are the primary law enforcement, and they have a lot less backup than the city PD's can call on. And traffic stops aren't a picnic. I would guess (and it's only a guess) that of the officers shot, traffic stops is in the top 2 or 3 situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon
    Try "I may have taken the wrong test."...

Nobody's stopping you from taking any civil service test. You might have some difficulty passing a NYS test where you don't have friends who can get you in, unlike Bflo...

I'm sure your prior experience counts for something. Perhaps BPD-PBA membership is actually a liability when applying for the Troopers, considering the past history of so many corruption convictions in that organization....
    Putting the ASS back in assumption eh?

Thread Information