Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: I need your advice on this 1970 Pontiac GTO

Tony Fracasso - Admin

I need your advice on this 1970 Pontiac GTO

Ok your not going to believe this.

Years ago I had a collision shop ask to restore a car for me. They worked on another car previously and it turned out nice. Took them a while but the job was great.

The car had a drunk driver hit the back end so we decided to have it restored for a fun summer car. The business owner would stop down occasionally and pick up a check as work proceeded. We were happy with the first car they did so I never stopped to monitor their progress. I sent other clients to his company and they all seemed satisfied with what they got.

Well one day while sitting in my office the collision shop's flatbed rolls in and drops the car off in the middle of my parking lot. The picture is EXACTLY what they dropped off a few years later and after collecting about $12,000 bucks. He destroyed my car. I should of sued him but the few lawyers I talked to all wanted a few $1000 bucks up front to even start something up. I could of went to small claims to get what ever they allowed but it seem not worth the hassle.

I'm thinking of making a webpage with about 20 photo's of exactly what he dropped off, the acutal checks that were paid to his company and his name up in bright red letters. I will not slander the man. All I'll do is show everyone what he charged about $12,000 to do.

It was an all original 70 gto convertible.

What would you guys do?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails small.jpg  

What is it you want to accomplish with the web site?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    A lesson to teach people not to trust everyone Maybe he'll see the webpage and out of guilt give me my hard earned money back.

WNYRes, this is a joke right because if its not they say you coming hehehe HAHAHA OHOHOH...
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

The car in the pic was the car that was hit in the back end? Looks like some work was done if that is the case. Maybe there was frame damage they couldn't fix? What were the reasons given for dropping the car off? You never ever checked on the progress? Even after $12,000 dumped into it? That's nuts! Hate to say it but, a fool and his money soon part. DTA, especially after $12,000...

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Riven37
    WNYRes, this is a joke right because if its not they say you coming hehehe HAHAHA OHOHOH...
    Huh???

Guess I missed something cause I can't see how someone would find this funny.

moonshine
    I've always found Jewish Lightning to be a reasonable and justifiable response to getting burned for $12,000.

Quote Originally Posted by moonshine
    I've always found Jewish Lightning to be a reasonable and justifiable response to getting burned for $12,000.
    What the heck is a "Jewish Lightning?"

When Donald Trump spoke at UB, he said something to the effect of šIf someone screws you over, you screw them back just as bad and give Žem a little extra for me.š That sounds about right for this situation.
    Remain calm!! But run for your lives if necessary!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by wheresthesun
    What the heck is a "Jewish Lightning?"
    I use that term a lot. It's arson.

I would TELL the guy "this is what i'm gonna do unless..." first,
    THEn, do it, if his response is FU!

I would set him up with a duck hunting trip with Cheney.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by avet
    I would set him up with a duck hunting trip with Cheney.
    I vote to make this the quote of the week. Good one!

maybe after res tar & feather's him

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Well here's want made me bring this up. My better half went to the UPS store and he was there. He came up to her and was all nice like nothing ever happened. Apparently I guess there are people out there that don't care if they screw people. So that got me thinking. I don't want to let our politicians off the hook for screwing the tax payer and theres not reason why this guy shouldn't be let off the hook either.

The car in the pic was the car that was hit in the back end? Looks like some work was done if that is the case. Maybe there was frame damage they couldn't fix? What were the reasons given for dropping the car off? You never ever checked on the progress? Even after $12,000 dumped into it? That's nuts! Hate to say it but, a fool and his money soon part. DTA, especially after $12,000...

Not really a fool. People build trust between each other and take people's word when they give it. Don't look at government politicians as examples. THIER words mean nothing and there are PLENTY of examples of that. Just look around WNY.

The reason the car came back was one of the employees took over the business and knew the guy screwed the car over. He didn't want anything to do with it so he wanted it out of thier building. That guy is now out of the picture and the orginal guy is back there.

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information