Thread: I need your advice on this 1970 Pontiac GTO

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Tony Fracasso - Admin

I need your advice on this 1970 Pontiac GTO

Ok your not going to believe this.

Years ago I had a collision shop ask to restore a car for me. They worked on another car previously and it turned out nice. Took them a while but the job was great.

The car had a drunk driver hit the back end so we decided to have it restored for a fun summer car. The business owner would stop down occasionally and pick up a check as work proceeded. We were happy with the first car they did so I never stopped to monitor their progress. I sent other clients to his company and they all seemed satisfied with what they got.

Well one day while sitting in my office the collision shop's flatbed rolls in and drops the car off in the middle of my parking lot. The picture is EXACTLY what they dropped off a few years later and after collecting about $12,000 bucks. He destroyed my car. I should of sued him but the few lawyers I talked to all wanted a few $1000 bucks up front to even start something up. I could of went to small claims to get what ever they allowed but it seem not worth the hassle.

I'm thinking of making a webpage with about 20 photo's of exactly what he dropped off, the acutal checks that were paid to his company and his name up in bright red letters. I will not slander the man. All I'll do is show everyone what he charged about $12,000 to do.

It was an all original 70 gto convertible.

What would you guys do?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails small.jpg  

Thread Information