Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: I need your advice on this 1970 Pontiac GTO

no, i don't think that's HIM
    but,
    I would like to think that both WNYres & LHardy are man enough to tolerate and/or ignore stevenco's anctics. is it that he exposes an error that likewise proves your vulnerability? ...?

Don't do that. It will be deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    The day after the accident with the drunk driver I had Jim S who runs that car museum down town give me an estimate as the car stood of it's value. After the accident I got a value of $10,000. The car was worth much more before the accident. You have to remember I was driving the car until the day the drunk drive clipped the rear of the car. The car sat in my driveway until the collision shop said they would like to work on the car.
    You know, res, sounds like you have all the stuff you need for a lawyer to take action. He'll ask for more, but if you just start off with these pictures and this written info, he'll know you mean business.
    This is like and investment, unless the owner of the shop goes under or doesn't have good insurance.
    I would be boiling mad.

Like a previous poster had mentioned, are you sure you have all the original parts that were originally yours? Are you sure this is your car? Still the same VIN number? Something does not sound right about this whole thing. I know I would not let a week go by without checking on the progress my weekly payment towards my baby being fixed after an accident. I went through something like this myself back in the 1990s after an Erie County Water Authority truck decided to pull out into Union Rd. just as I was driving by their driveway. What a headache that became! I guess the idiot thought he had the right of way and Union Rd. traffic should have stopped for him.

I'm having a tough time following this:

You paid this guy 12 Grand, he completely destroyed your car, and, years later, you're still considering what to do about it??

$12,000 is a lot of money to me. And you said "it's not so much the money"??

Are you that wealthy?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by therising
    I'm having a tough time following this:

You paid this guy 12 Grand, he completely destroyed your car, and, years later, you're still considering what to do about it??

$12,000 is a lot of money to me. And you said "it's not so much the money"??

Are you that wealthy?
    About 2 years after it was dropped off I'm considering what to do. Over the last two years I have heard "boy you got screwed" so many times it's starting to sink in.

I think I'm going to look at this situation as an opportunity though.

Over the last two years I have heard "boy you got screwed" so many times it's starting to sink in.
    Sounds so much like the situation we have with our local government & it's leaders...doesn't it?

Res - next time something like this happens to you, tell us about it immediately. We will make it sink in much faster than 2 years.

yeah....

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    A lesson to teach people not to trust everyone Maybe he'll see the webpage and out of guilt give me my hard earned money back.
    Yea, and maybe monkeys will fly out of my ass....

Please don't tell me this was a 4-speed..or that it had air.

Was it a judge????

Was it like this one??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ponti...QQcmdZViewItem
    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis (1935)

My first real car was a 65 GTO. I was 17. It had a 389, four speed, and needless to say, a four barrel. I threw a rod and dumped the car. The guy dropped a new mill in it and drove it for years.
    I got married at 19 and we bought a chevy Caprice. ( still have the wife, not the caprice) I should have never sold that GTO. I regret it to this day. Thats why I got so unnreved when I saw your picture and heard your situation. It tugged at my heart strings and brought on a resergence of my own remorse.
    You should have acted sooner. It's probably to late now.
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

By the way, what happened to biker? I miss the old coot.

Sounds like it's still within the statute of limitations.

Unregistered
    Res ..

I've seen all the records you've kept over the years. You have an entire file of information including a ton of pictures, the invoices and the checks you wrote.

Since time has passed, you need to show that you have not chalked this up to lessons learned. As the potential plaintiff you've got the burden of proof, and the financial loss, not to mention your investment into the car, has got be at the basis of the lawsuit.

The first thing I would do is contact this guy in writing and demand a refund. Inform him of your intent to seek legal remedies, including court costs and/or attorney fees, if he chooses not to settle this matter. Be stern but word it carefully. Do not threaten the guy with bodily harm Remember to be diplomatic as anything you say can be used against you. Send it certified mail and get a signed receipt.

If he blows you off, I would look for an attorney as you're still within the legal statute of limitations to bring about a lawsuit. Don't waste another few months or years. It'll cost you attorney fees/retainer upfront, but I believe you might be able to include legal fees in the lawsuit (because you offered him a chance to settle this matter before you sought legal remedies in the letter you sent )
    You could do this without an attorney, but if the case proceeds, chances are he will find legal representation of his own and you don't want to be caught in that trap.

I believe you have a shot at winning a judgement against this guy. He may even try to settle out of court. But you can't waste any more time. You've got to decide what to do now and act on it.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by LaNdReW
    Yea, and maybe monkeys will fly out of my ass....

Please don't tell me this was a 4-speed..or that it had air.

Was it a judge????

Was it like this one??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ponti...QQcmdZViewItem

Yeah that's it but my is an automatic with a H.O. 400. Not a judge.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    So what color? IT will never be a points car because of the damage the original collision shop did so the color doesn't have to stay the same. So it might as well look cool though.

What would be a cool color for a car like that?

Are you going to stick with colors available on GTO's in 1970, or are you going with anything now.

I like that copper/metallic-orange color that's been around the past couple years... but that's just me.

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information