Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: I need your advice on this 1970 Pontiac GTO

Res, I would hire that lawyer if you can stand the retainer.
    Your pictures don't really show the car and its damage. But it doesn't look good I would also find someone to assess the car as it stands. For the judge.
    What is all that stuff in the back seat.
    I know how you feel because both my son and myself had similar incidents happen to us, on a much smaller level, I always felt regrets that I didn't take it to Small Claims Court.
    $12,000 is a new car!

I can't belive you didn't beat him with the bumper! $12,000? This guy must have more balls than a pool table. He is a legitimate business man? I would waste no time in telling everyone who he is.
    Including here.
    If you really gave him that kind of money and that is what you recived in return you do have options. He is supposed to give you an itemized statement of all the work he performed and how much each costs including labor. Collision and auto repair is closley regulated by the state nowdays.
    If he didn't do so, take yor cancelled checks and photos of the car to the state attorney general's office. This ******* should not be allowed to operate a business.
    If that dosen't work call my cousin "Vito the torch". He won't charge you twelve grand but he will keep his end of the contract.
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

By the way, what happened to biker? I miss the old coot.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by speaker
    Res, I would hire that lawyer if you can stand the retainer.
    Your pictures don't really show the car and its damage. But it doesn't look good I would also find someone to assess the car as it stands. For the judge.
    What is all that stuff in the back seat.
    I know how you feel because both my son and myself had similar incidents happen to us, on a much smaller level, I always felt regrets that I didn't take it to Small Claims Court.
    $12,000 is a new car!
    The day after the accident with the drunk driver I had Jim S who runs that car museum down town give me an estimate as the car stood of it's value. After the accident I got a value of $10,000. The car was worth much more before the accident. You have to remember I was driving the car until the day the drunk drive clipped the rear of the car. The car sat in my driveway until the collision shop said they would like to work on the car.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by citymouse
    I can't belive you didn't beat him with the bumper! $12,000? This guy must have more balls than a pool table. He is a legitimate business man? I would waste no time in telling everyone who he is.
    Including here.
    If you really gave him that kind of money and that is what you recived in return you do have options. He is supposed to give you an itemized statement of all the work he performed and how much each costs including labor. Collision and auto repair is closley regulated by the state nowdays.
    If he didn't do so, take yor cancelled checks and photos of the car to the state attorney general's office. This ******* should not be allowed to operate a business.
    If that dosen't work call my cousin "Vito the torch". He won't charge you twelve grand but he will keep his end of the contract.

Actaully the day they dropped it off I immediately went right back to his place of business on broadway. My employees didn't let me go myself because I wanted witnesses to what he had to say. He wasn't at the shop when I got there needless to say.

It's not the money that bothers me as much as him ruining the car. How many 70 GTO convertibles all original do you see driving around WNY. Not all that many. By him doing what he did it will cost me much much more to restore it now. This car was all togeather including interior, engine, top everything.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gtofront.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by speaker
    I use that term a lot. It's arson.
    Never heard it before; not caring for it much now.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I deleted stevenco's last post. It was not on topic.

that's not why you deleted it. you deleted it because it was a quote of yours that i posted
    it was your reply to my opinion about products which use testimonials to advertise. it said that i had no reason to revive that thread because we should be focusing on impotent politicians.
    i put it on your thread about your personal inquiry about your GTO

it illustrated that you felt i was wasting my time and the time of others by posting a thought on an existing thread, why? i have no idea.
    Here it is again:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    We still have impotent people in local government and that's where we should be focusing our energies.

It wasn't taken down because it was off topic. It was taken down because it showed you doing something that you "accused" I was doing.
    i don't blame you. i guess a good percentage wouldn't want to be called out on their own board. it is your game.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Yes I know I quoted it. I said you should focus on what is important. This is in the morning breakfast forum which is everything but politics. Do you have an issue with that?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    Do you have an issue with that?
    Yeah.
    Should I start that thread or do you want to?

Stevenco, are you channeling Woodstock, or NightOwl?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    Ok your not going to beleive this.

Years ago I had a collision shop ask to restore a car for me. They worked on another car previously and it turned out nice. Took them a while but the job was great.

The car had a drunk driver hit the back end so we decided to have it restored for a fun summer car. The business owner would stop down occasionally and pick up a check as work proceeded. We were happy with the first car they did so I never stopped to monitor thier progress. I sent other clients to his company and they all seemed satisfied with what they got.

Well one day while sitting in my office the collision shop's flatbed rolls in and drops the car off in the middle of my parking lot. The picture is EXACTLY what they dropped off a few years later and after collecting about $12,000 bucks. He destroyed my car. I should of sued him but the few lawyers I talked to all wanted a few $1000 bucks up front to even start something up. I could of went to small claims to get what ever they allowed but it seem not worth the hassle.

I'm thinking of making a webpage with about 20 photo's of exactly what he dropped off, the acutal checks that were paid to his company and his name up in bright red letters. I will not slander the man. All I'll do is show everyone what he charged about $12,000 to do.

It was an all original 70 gto convertible.

What would you guys do?
    This is not funny and I am not laughing at you but the situation is a killer. Every time I thought about what had happened here I would crack up… I could only envision a mob boss sitting in a chair all dressed with a Italian made suit looking out the front office window with a cigar in his mouth all of a sudden a flat bed truck pulls up and a couple of guys get out and proceed to unload this all broken up car with four flat tires in the parking lot. The mob boss’s right hand man goes hey boss there is your car that those guys were restoring for you. Ya know the ones that you paid several thousand dollars to and they said the car would be restored no problem. Gee boss the car don’t look too good. All of sudden the cigar falls out of the mob boss’s mouth and his jaw hits the floor The mob boss yells get the machine guns Pauly as his head shoots up and hits the ceiling. LMAO….. That keeps playing upstairs …… There is a sense of laughter there but I would be angry as heck…….. Still LMAO! Cigar hits the floor……… ahem.
    geesh..... I have be excused here for a second..........ok

We do need to look at some facts before coming up with a recommendation..
    You already admitted that you did not pay close attention to the progress of the work that was being done or in this case lack of work being done. I mentioned this point to you before and it turns out I hit the nail on the head.

Because the lawyers wanted so much money to take on the case you probably did not sign a work order or something detailing what exactly the restore process was going to cover. How are they going to prove what work was to be covered with out a signed work order of some type……. Paying so much money out does not mean a lot of work was going to be done it just means you got ripped off by over paying for something…….

Like I said I would be mad too but if this person did this only once or even twice and he produces good quality work people will be drawn to the quality work he has done and not necessarily to what he had done to you. At the very least people will make sure that all I’s are dotted and T’s crossed on the work order….. And if the guy is half smart, he will not do it again to anyone else.

I would approach him and ask could we financially settle this… He may refuse but then again he may pay some cash back….. He did do some work and I doubt you will see most of the money but at least may be something.

If you were going to blast him on the Internet, I would not use his name directly. I would maybe mention the name of the business and say the owner was at the time so and so…. Without proof of work to be performed you are threading the line of slander and he may strike back with a lawyer this time around and get a big bonus at the end…. We will know if your Web sites all take on a car theme… ACME Hot Rod Liquor and Wine…. Sorry…

Quote Originally Posted by atotaltotalfan2001
    Stevenco, are you channeling Woodstock, or NightOwl?
    Shhh.......

After looking at the pictures I really thought this was a joke, Res. If this is real, then I think it would be worth 2 or 3,000 to win back 12,000 or more for penalties. Maybe try to find a different lawyer that only charges if he wins or something.He destroyed that car and probably used the parts to restore his own GTO (at your expense). And what's with all the crap in the back seat?Any pictures of what the car looked like before he started working on it?

WNY res"
    I deleted stevenco's post it was off topic
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevenco
    that's not why you deleted it. you deleted it because it was a quote of yours that i posted
    it was your reply to my opinion about products which use testimonials to advertise. it said that i had no reason to revive that thread because we should be focusing on impotent politicians.
    i put it on your thread about your personal inquiry about your GTO

it illustrated that you felt i was wasting my time and the time of others by posting a thought on an existing thread, why? i have no idea.
    Here it is again:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    We still have impotent people in local government and that's where we should be focusing our energies.

It wasn't taken down because it was off topic. It was taken down because it showed you doing something that you "accused" I was doing.
    i don't blame you. i guess a good percentage wouldn't want to be called out on their own board. it is your game.
    why do you keep picking on stevenco, WNYres, u big bully!?

There's always that kid that takes his basketball home so no one else can play because he missed.

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information