Thread: OMG! Dan Ward said something intelligent!

OMG! Dan Ward said something intelligent!

From the Buffalo News regarding the relicensing of Chucky Cheese:

Ward, who always votes against game room licenses, said he didn’t think the board should be involved in licensing at all.

http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/story/741867.html
    Most of all I like bulldozers and dirt

actually not really, while it may be true that Towns shouldn't be involved in giving out gaming licenses, the proper mechanism would be to correct the problem, not simply vote against all gaming institutions.

another ward swing-and-a-miss.

According to the bee, SS looks perhaps even more foolish on this issue.

you know what they say, ....even the sun shines on a dogs ass some days

Quote Originally Posted by hate politics View Post
    actually not really, while it may be true that Towns shouldn't be involved in giving out gaming licenses, the proper mechanism would be to correct the problem, not simply vote against all gaming institutions.

So I guess then the three who voted for it, are unequivocally wrong. Satish, Barry , and Mark....But don't let me stop you from accusing them, but wait, you didn't.
    "All government, -indeed, every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue and every prudent act,- is founded on compromise..." -Edmund Burke
    A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910), (attributed)
    Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 George W. Bush

What is the problem?

think about it - is it Ward's position that there should be NO Chuck E. Cheese's or any Dave and Busters in the Town of Amherst? What is he - the pastor from the movie "footloose"? Banning gaming in the Town.

If that is true, he really is crazier than I thought.

I was giving him credit that the town should not be involved in licenses of this sort and it should be handled on a county level.

right view -- just one word - huh??? can't even follow your illogical rant this time.

think about it - is it Ward's position that there should be NO Chuck E. Cheese's or any Dave and Busters in the Town of Amherst? What is he - the pastor from the movie "footloose"? Banning gaming in the Town.

If that is true, he really is crazier than I thought.

I was giving him credit that the town should not be involved in licenses of this sort and it should be handled on a county level.

right view -- just one word - huh??? can't even follow your illogical rant this time.
    Originally Posted by hate politics

So I guess then the three who voted for it, are unequivocally wrong. Satish, Barry , and Mark....But don't let me stop you from accusing them, but wait, you didn't.

I see you can't even follow your own posts(which I marked in red for you.) While ward voted against it because he doesn't think the board should be involved in those type of decisions). You say he is right but for all the wong reasons(ie. he should be doing something to change the fact the board makes these decisons. Once again following your train of thought(in the land of imagination), those who voted for Chuck E. Cheese have to be in the wrong(because it should not really be the boards decision). Do you follow me so far(probably not(you are lost in you own delusions of granduer).
    Since you don't seem to grasp sarcasm, I simply pointed out you did not go after those who voted to give the license, that you do not hold them in the same contempt for not trying to change the system, that they just go with the flow of what was previously accepted and that is ok with you.
    "All government, -indeed, every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue and every prudent act,- is founded on compromise..." -Edmund Burke
    A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910), (attributed)
    Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 George W. Bush

Thread Information