Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Illegal immigrants

Illegal immigrants

Do we have illegal mexicans here in buffalo? All the mexicans i know have families who have been in this country for awhile.

What groups of illegal immigrants do we have around here? Are they like middle eastern or asians? Someone told me we get quite a few illegal middle easterns here, but i thought they came with refugee status.

Can someone clear all this up for me please.
    “Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

Yes we do! In fact the APD has worked with Immigration a few times over the last year and caught 15 to 20 illegals.
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    Yes we do! In fact the APD has worked with Immigration a few times over the last year and caught 15 to 20 illegals.
    Mexican?
    “Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

There are probably legals and illegals from all over creation around here. Of course being on the border makes it likely e'll have more illegals than Lincoln Nebraska for example. We get a fair number who come to UB on student status but disappear from school and melt into the background. Take a trip to UB and look at the student population on campus. There are some days when it seems to be 75% foreigners. This is partly due to the fact that as UB plunges down the ranking aof American colleges, the natives are going to more stable, reputable schools.

I know that some owner of a couple Mexican restaurants was busted a few months ago for employing a number of illegals. Also a couple of years ago weren't there a few "massage parlors" that had illegals rounded up as a part of a sex trade operation? Otherwise I'm thinking that probably quite a few of the seasonal farm workers on the area are not exactly properly documented.

We do have a very diverse population though...and not because of illegals. The INS designates Buffalo as one of the places it helps refugees locate when they enter the country (legally, that is). One of the reason so many (I think 30 or so I heard?) languages are spoken at Grover Cleveland HS.
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Quote Originally Posted by run4it View Post
    One of the reason so many (I think 30 or so I heard?) languages are spoken at Grover Cleveland HS.
    Do they teach classes in foreign languages or are the students required to learn english?

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticatedFeminist View Post
    Do they teach classes in foreign languages or are the students required to learn english?
    Their taught in English, but that hippie Vogel did a piece a few months ago about a 16 girl on the west side who was failing because the school wasn't doing a good enough job teaching her english. (her parents didnt' speak a word of it)

Yes they were mexicans arrested in Amherst.

Unregistered
    Construction trades (open shops) still have there fair share of immigration raids. Last good one was a few years back, on the UB Amherst campus.

Unregistered
    Their taught in English, but that hippie Vogel did a piece a few months ago about a 16 girl on the west side who was failing because the school wasn't doing a good enough job teaching her english. (her parents didnt' speak a word of it)

Yes they were mexicans arrested in Amherst.
    Why did the Amherst police arrest them? Because they couldn't speak English?

At first, I thought you were talking about the "West-Side" of Buffalo, but that wouldn't make sense if Amherst made the arrest. Are they from Looney Acres? That's in "West" Amherst.

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticatedFeminist View Post
    There are ESL programs. But all main instruction is done in English.
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

I remember reading that article now that you mention it. To me that's no excuse I'm fourth generation american on my father's father's side. My grandfather learned english no problem despite living in an all italian speaking household and pretty much the whole west side spoke italian. Now a days their are plenty of resources outside of school for that girl to learn english. She's just being lazy if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing USA View Post
    Why did the Amherst police arrest them? Because they couldn't speak English?

At first, I thought you were talking about the "West-Side" of Buffalo, but that wouldn't make sense if Amherst made the arrest. Are they from Looney Acres? That's in "West" Amherst.

Sorry that was answering two seperate questions.

The mexicans in Amherst were arrestd on the "west side", at the Holiday in on the BLVD. They rent a room and 8 to 12 live in it.

Unregistered
    The mexicans in Amherst were arrestd on the "west side", at the Holiday in on the BLVD. They rent a room and 8 to 12 live in it.
    So, of the 8-12 Mexicans living at the Holiday Inn, was the 16-year-old the only one that was failing? Did the APD raid the hotel room because the parents complained to the school?

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing USA View Post
    So, of the 8-12 Mexicans living at the Holiday Inn, was the 16-year-old the only one that was failing? Did the APD raid the hotel room because the parents complained to the school?

hahaha CI!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Will the holiday inn be looked into for harboring illegal immigrants?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information