Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christian woman sentenced to death for refusing to convert to Islam

Christian woman sentenced to death for refusing to convert to Islam

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/17/world/...oman-apostasy/
    (CNN) -- As outrage grows over a Sudanese woman sentenced to death for refusing to renounce her Christianity, the government defended the verdict, but said it's only preliminary.

A Khartoum court last week convicted Meriam Yehya Ibrahim, 27, of apostasy, or the renunciation of faith.

Ibrahim, who is eight months pregnant, is a Christian, her husband said. But the court considers her a Muslim.

"I'm so frustrated. I don't know what to do," said her husband, Daniel Wani. "I'm just praying."
    Yeah, Christians sure are treated great in Muslim countries, aren't they! Can't even practice a religion other than Islam or you'll be killed. But we sure bend over backwards for them and adapt our culture to fit theirs when they come here. Makes no sense considering that religion hasn't evolved since the 7th century. Take a look at how well all the Muslim countries do around the world with rights and tolerance to others, lol.
    "We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad." --Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeefan2009 View Post
    Yeah, Christians sure are treated great in Muslim countries, aren't they! Can't even practice a religion other than Islam or you'll be killed. But we sure bend over backwards for them and adapt our culture to fit theirs when they come here. Makes no sense considering that religion hasn't evolved since the 7th century. Take a look at how well all the Muslim countries do around the world with rights and tolerance to others, lol.
    I'd like the above quote to be added to the record; that Yankeefan claims to be in full support of religion evolving to modern views of rights and tolerance of others. Funny how he doesn't support that at all when other people talk about the evolution of modern Christianity to accept rights and tolerances of others. Hmmm. The irony runs deep.

Wait, I thought Islam was the "religion of peace?"
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Just another example of the results of those ancient diseases.

Yes, Christianity has progressed from burning people at the stake for claiming that the earth was not the center of the solar system. Giordano Bruno, February 17, 1600.

What I suspect is that many Christians are just jealous that Muslims have taken over governments and imposed their religious law on all citizens - an objective many christians seem to be adamant about doing to the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Yes, Christianity has progressed from burning people at the stake for claiming that the earth was not the center of the solar system. Giordano Bruno, February 17, 1600.
    That was not true Christianity, that was a false religion that did that! Therein lies your tempest!
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    That was not true Christianity, that was a false religion that did that! Therein lies your tempest!
    Christian fight! Christian fight! Get the popcorn.

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Wait, I thought Islam was the "religion of peace?"
    It is Hip, but it's a "piece of the action", $$$$-wise, there's money in strife, wars, death, especially for the "ruling" classes...
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15
    www.onlinemedia.net - www.vinyl-graphics.com

Christian fight! Christian fight! Get the popcorn.
    I am not fighting, I am declaring a truth.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    I am not fighting, I am declaring a truth.
    the truth...as you made it up.

The real God, the creator of all that exists, told me that you are an agent of Satan.

Now that's the truth.

Sadly, sometimes I am that!

the truth...as you made it up.

The real God, the creator of all that exists, told me that you are an agent of Satan.

Now that's the truth.
    He may sound and act like an agent of the deceiver of mankind but I doubt that he is. He is just a misguided lost soul who thinks he knows our Lord and Savior. The world has many like him. Jesus will not treat him kindly if he does not change his ways and repent for bastardizing the Word for his own agendas.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Bandablue View Post
    He may sound and act like an agent of the deceiver of mankind but I doubt that he is. He is just a misguided lost soul who thinks he knows our Lord and Savior. The world has many like him. Jesus will not treat him kindly if he does not change his ways and repent for bastardizing the Word for his own agendas.
    Oh enlighten me of my error! Show me the way, please....

I gotta get me some more popcorn...

I gotta get me some more popcorn...
    I might have to get some too
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

I like popcorn, but men, that childish phrase is so over used in the forum world, please you have to have better then that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information