Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maybe make some money

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Maybe make some money

So. What does everyone think if I create a set of forums for each person who would like to run for office? They can post but the peanut gallery could only comment in other forums not the ones made for the people running for office. This would give them exposure far greater than any pay for praise type websites. They could post their fundraisers, pleas for volunteers and even debate between each other if they wanted to.

A lot of the local races don't have a lot of votes so a few hundred votes could easily sway an election.

This it would be worth $99 bucks or $199 or $299 to be put in front of 1000's of people until primaries and finally the elections?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    So. What does everyone think if I create a set of forums for each person who would like to run for office? They can post but the peanut gallery could only comment in other forums not the ones made for the people running for office. This would give them exposure far greater than any pay for praise type websites. They could post their fundraisers, pleas for volunteers and even debate between each other if they wanted to.

A lot of the local races don't have a lot of votes so a few hundred votes could easily sway an election.

This it would be worth $99 bucks or $199 or $299 to be put in front of 1000's of people until primaries and finally the elections?
    I think this is a good idea, but who whould moderate it?

You know idiots like Stack would just put up more BS about how he had to pass the 132 BILLION budget to keep all these teachers and FF empolyed!
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    I think this is a good idea, but who whould moderate it?

You know idiots like Stack would just put up more BS about how he had to pass the 132 BILLION budget to keep all these teachers and FF empolyed!

He would be allowed to though. Why wouldn't he? The person running against him would have to be a better candidate than he is.

We would keep the cost low so realistically anyone could afford to do it. If a person can't muster up $99 or $199 then I would say they are not successful enough to be elected in the first place.

We could take any money collected and donate it to a worthy cause...

How about to whoever is running against an incumbent
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Unregistered
    He would be allowed to though. Why wouldn't he? The person running against him would have to be a better candidate than he is.

We would keep the cost low so realistically anyone could afford to do it. If a person can't muster up $99 or $199 then I would say they are not successful enough to be elected in the first place.

am I worthy?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Probably not.

Honestly a potato would be better in office, it all comes down to money and what organizations (unions) stand behind you.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Charley M got on the Town Board of Cheektowaga by 6 votes. I thought it was extremely tackey the loser who ran against him still got on the board though. BUt that's the doing of the local democratic party I suppose

Unregistered
    I like the concept... and think it would be great for someone that wanted to run for office and truly keep his/her ear to the ground. Alot of people (Buffalo News) criticize the ability to make comments without revealing names. In today's day and age I think that this is the only way to really understand what people believe and think. Too much political correctness shutting people up.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    They would have to register with their real name. It would be a complete safe zone for them to get their word out. People could comment in other forums but not in the "I'm running for office forums".

As of July 6th we have had 8250 unique IP's come through the site for the month.

Charley M got on the Town Board of Cheektowaga by 6 votes. I thought it was extremely tackey the loser who ran against him still got on the board though. BUt that's the doing of the local democratic party I suppose
    good idea res..... why, because max has runs the party with an iron fist!!

oh ya..... out of the sanitation dept.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Iron gets rusty

Unregistered

Enticing politicians from Illuzzi-Gramigna

TonY:

Having a portion of SUWNY devoted to candidates would be a major step forward.

Currently candidates spend shocking amounts to fund Illuzzi & Gramigna, when their readership as reflected by www.Websiteoutlook.com is dismal. In addition, both Illuzzi & Gramigna repeatedly print blatant lies.

It might be necessary to have a free or reduced 'introductory offer' for candidates, in order to generate enough critical mass to attract candidates.

A prime beginning prospect might be Kevin Hardwick, who has been (mutually?) alienated from Illuzzi, making him unlikely to pay-Illuzzi-for-praise. And being Republican, he would be unlikely to pay-(Democrat?) Gramigna-for-praise.

Hardwick did post about a dozen times on SUWNY, then apparently gave up because of some of the cynical & disrespectul responses to his serious posts.

Get the best advice you can about how to effectively design such a candidates' forum . . & go for it!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by kernwatch View Post
    Hardwick did post about a dozen times on SUWNY, then apparently gave up because of some of the cynical & disrespectul responses to his serious posts.
    Bull crap!!!

He couldn't answer The Dude's questions satisfactorily and ran away with his tail tucked between his legs.

His excuse for leaving was that he had a campaign to run.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    It might be necessary to have a free or reduced 'introductory offer' for candidates, in order to generate enough critical mass to attract candidates.
    $99 bucks. IF someone running for office has 4 friends that would be $20 each. If they can't muster up $99 bucks they should be running for office. DOn't you want someone in office that is at least stable or more successful than the people in the community? I know kids that can go cut lawns and earn $100 bucks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information