Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well, Shelly Silver, meet Shelly Schratz!

Well, Shelly Silver, meet Shelly Schratz!

She said that. She said that earlier today at the 4th of July Taxed Enough Already Rally (TEAR?) with an insinuation that if voters send HER into Albany, oh mister, the HELL Silver will ignore HER. No sir, she will be there for the people of WNY. Shelly Silver, meet Shelly Schratz!

She said this after apologizing to the crowd for her weight and failure with diets.

oookaaay ...
    what's your point?
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Quote Originally Posted by mesue View Post
    oookaaay ...
    what's your point?
    TEAR, we are doomed

Quote Originally Posted by slipsliding View Post
    TEAR, we are doomed
    So, we're not taxed enough already?
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by slipsliding View Post
    She said that. She said that earlier today at the 4th of July Taxed Enough Already Rally (TEAR?) with an insinuation that if voters send HER into Albany, oh mister, the HELL Silver will ignore HER. No sir, she will be there for the people of WNY. Shelly Silver, meet Shelly Schratz!

She said this after apologizing to the crowd for her weight and failure with diets.
    Failure? I was surprised why people make comments about that stuff. She looked fine.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'm still curious why Mark Schroeder was at the rally. Mr Pro Labor Jim Keane's buddy. He was very anti Chris Collins. You know, government being more efficient.

mark schroeder

So what has Shelly accomplished that would even give a hint there would be value to supporting her for a state seat? From what I have read over the last 5 years on speakup I would say not enough to warrant it.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Failure? I was surprised why people make comments about that stuff. She looked fine.
    I know, but she seemed insecure talking about that, but then that led into why she needed thick skin - to be in politics - then she goes into how she'll take on Sheldon Silver. I just remember how vocal Crystal Peoples was and now you don't hear a peep from her unless it's about shopping in NYC.

Mark Schroeder basically said he can't do anything in Albany all by himself.

It just seems like nothing will happen in my lifetime.

In Amherst, Shelly rides the fence on issues, then decides on issues that have the most votes to show she took a stand and it made a difference. Yeah, right! So.. IMHO... If she were to be elected to a State position, she would probably vote which ever way Silver's does, if it has the majority vote.
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit Of All That Threaten It
    What if the Hokey-Pokey IS what it's all about?

but, if, IF we get term limits passed, that may be the last of Silver.
    But that's a big IF and the way things are going, I agree, it could take forever

Quote Originally Posted by mesue View Post
    So, we're not taxed enough already?
    Yes we are Taxed Enough Already, I was at the protest mesue.

I thought she was running for county legislature. Maybe she's already realized that that race is a loser and she's looking to run for state office in 2010. I'm sue that Sheldon Silver is quaking in his boots about being confronted by Shelly Schratz. Or is that merely peels of laughter?

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    I thought she was running for county legislature. Maybe she's already realized that that race is a loser and she's looking to run for state office in 2010. I'm sue that Sheldon Silver is quaking in his boots about being confronted by Shelly Schratz. Or is that merely peels of laughter?
    You thought correctly -she introduced herself as a candidate for the Erie County Legislature (aren't we downsizing the legislature?) and I can't recall the transition from that campaign to a face-2-face w/Sheldon Silver, but it came after an advertisment for Bing's.

As far as any state office aspitrations she may have, I can tell you that the TEA Rally's united message that day was the need for "critical mass" in Albany and that means voting for the like-minded candidates who showed up that day including, RusThompson, Shelly Schratz, Lenard Roberto and Mark Schroeder. They are counting on our vote to further, what I found to be, a broad and often radical reform to state governmetn (as it has grown into today). I agree it is an unsustainable monster, especially state and municipal pensions, but also welfare mandates. Roberto was good. Schroeder said there are other parts of the state that are equally fed up, yaddda yaddd yawn.

Well tonight Shelley Schratz is gonna meet Dan Ward.......it should be a meeting you won't want to miss!

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Well tonight Shelley Schratz is gonna meet Dan Ward.......it should be a meeting you won't want to miss!
    please keep us posted

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Me too
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit Of All That Threaten It
    What if the Hokey-Pokey IS what it's all about?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information