Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Wben

FCC opens inquiry into Entercom radio stations over campaign ad charges.

oops, not surprised from this company nothing said by the mouth he usually opens his mouth about issues he doesn't agree with.

The Federal Communications Commission is looking into a claim that several Entercom Communications radio stations here overcharged a congressional candidate for ads she purchased in 2018.

The complaint made to the FCC contends the stations charged the candidate a higher rate than that paid by commercial advertisers such as law firms and auto dealerships, in violation of federal law. However, the name included in the email, Jackie Drost, does not match that of any candidate for Congress here or elsewhere.

In letters of inquiry sent to Entercom, the agency has asked the company to provide documentation on paid advertising and unpaid issue ads aired on WBEN-AM, WGR-AM, WTSS-FM and four other local stations.

Entercom, in its response, acknowledged that it had not posted required information about last year's campaigns on its website until January but said this was an inadvertent error and denied any violation of federal law.

Grand Island Supervisor Nathan McMurray this week also received an anonymous note at Town Hall claiming he was charged too much for ads he ran on the stations during his unsuccessful campaign against Rep. Chris Collins last fall.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

I hope they didn’t mess with Nate NcMurray. He’s got a gun and he’s not afraid to use it!

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    I hope they didn’t mess with Nate NcMurray. He’s got a gun and he’s not afraid to use it!
    hahaha

so the mouth is going on another one of his fancy cruises with his friend O Danny- boy. lets get Phill ramore, teachers, cops and public servants to sign up and go along. boy that would be fun for two weeks with the mouth. maybe rocker tom could join in for the enternment.

wow rocker tom all over the canal side stuff today on his commercial filled station, about staying away from this mess at CS on the 4th. couldn't agree more you would have to be off your rocker to go.

also the trash problem will have when this event is done.

Sunday Fun Day in Downtown Buffalo at Canalside.

But arriving at 10:30 AM, what was the deal with all the trash in the streets and on the sidewalk?

Don't know why people have to be such slobs.

There was a concert Saturday night and the aftermath was evident, but some of the trash looked like it had been there a while.

This is a problem everywhere, not just the city.

Why can't we have nice things?

How do we get people not to litter?

Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    How do we get people not to litter?
    good question. Like many things these days it's a behavior that seems to get worse and worse. I was downtown a few weeks ago when they had buildings open for tours. I finished me coffee and carried the cup around for hours so I could make sure it got put into a recycling bin. I'm sure many other people would have just dropped it in the street (based on how many timmy ho cups I see littered all over), or set it down in one of the buildings for someone else to deal with.
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'm surprised at the amount of trash that ends up in our parking lot. Mostly fast food cups/wrappers and cigarette butts. Saturday when I mowed I was surprised to find an uncut loaf of bread on the side of the building. I wish I knew the back story on how that got there.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I'm surprised at the amount of trash that ends up in our parking lot. Mostly fast food cups/wrappers and cigarette butts. Saturday when I mowed I was surprised to find an uncut loaf of bread on the side of the building. I wish I knew the back story on how that got there.
    res walmart shoppers going to the bus stop left it for you.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    So we went from carts to bread...

Yesterday or the day before people were using shopping carts to sit on. I don't know what the exact answer is because changing human nature is difficult. Some people don't think twice littering while pick trash up instead of leaving it.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    wow rocker tom all over the canal side stuff today on his commercial filled station, about staying away from this mess at CS on the 4th. couldn't agree more you would have to be off your rocker to go.
    I always wondered why Tom's head hasn't exploded on air after all these years. There is just so much nonsense going on in WNY and NYS.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    So we went from carts to bread...

Yesterday or the day before people were using shopping carts to sit on. I don't know what the exact answer is because changing human nature is difficult. Some people don't think twice littering while pick trash up instead of leaving it.
    res I was headed in from Alden tonight going down Walden and seen a convoy of shopping carts and people heading towards union. they use the carts for seats while waiting for the bus by you. love those Walmart shoppers.

here is another one when talking about trash. in line at the drive-through at timmies yesterday morning on Harris hill guy in front of me orders as he pulls up he tosses three empty cups right on the ground. The trash can is right there lazy ass.

Don't listen to much of the mouth or rocker tom but yesterday I turned rocker tom on Commerical filled radio. Really how much time do these two goofballs work when most of the time is news amd commercials.

So Tommy boy complaining about how the health dept shuts down these bars that want to hold a little concert. cry me a river stay in your house and stay away from people u dope. So now he calls an attorney friend while on the air. Tommy ur such a tool. First, these bar owners are just as bad as gas station owners around here crooks. If you let a certain amount of people in anywhere it only gets out of control and no enforcement on SD OR MASKS. These bar owners and restaurant people want a business they don't care about crowds to look around the country. Tommy stay in the house bang on your stings and listen to music. you and your local band stuff. Great Job EC health dept.

as for the mouth just retire u old fart if u dont have enough money now u never will.

oh Tommy boy armor inn fined for not using face masks. I can only laugh at this owner crying a few weeks ago on the news about being shut down for his biker concert now gets fined. ECHD and the cops are fining these places a bunch yesterday got fined to many people and no masks the way it should be. your inside restaurants and patio bars right now are the biggest abusers and the best place to catch COVID. shut them down and fine them great job again by ECHD if you see this happening in a bar-restaurant just call the ECHD was on the news last night any place that will hold a concert you know there will be some kind of stuff going on. Restaurant owners are as bad as gas station owners all about this $$$. another place out transit road heading to Lockport packing them in no masks and no SD from what im told I beleive NCHD is aware of this also.

Tommy nothing said about this on commerical radio ?? lol such a tool u are.

The cowboy shut down by the erie county health dept. Another place cant follow the laws and rules another do what I want owner. Tommy nine have been shut down so far, Armor inn u never mentioned last week on ur show.

OMG Rocker tommy the stage got shut down no music. You were crying about the stage about three weeks ago no live music. To bad they cant follow the laws.
    The five businesses that received the violations, due to social distancing and/or face mask use, were:

Hoaks Restaurant, Hamburg

Bimber’s Delwood Inc., Kenmore

Pasquale’s, West Seneca

South Shore Beach Club, Evans

Just Pizza, Buffalo

In addition to the violations issued, The Cowboy in Buffalo and The Stage in Amherst were issued close orders. The Cowboy on July 11 and The Stage on July 14.

Remember people the top places to catch covid in the country are restaurants, outside bars, gyms, and churches. Thank god the gyms are still closed here the worst place there is for germs. Most are from younger people that don't care about your health just their fun. idiots.

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread Information