Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Wben

When the Easter bunny delivers chocolate it tastes better. I like white best!
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

I've noticed the morning news is using the theme some that one of the big 3 networks used back in the late 80s or early 90s
    possibly the nightline or other ABC theme
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

haven't been listening to much to the two goofballs as of late because thats all it is commercials on that station. But both mentioned they had enough of the politics and will move off the subject.. NOT!! Same old stuff by both. But yesterday I listened to rev tom. OMG had to break out the rubber boots. He loved himself... cops love him, blacks brother and sisters love him, when he is out and about the cops think he is the best.. OMG tommmy I know a lot of cops and teachers and think your the biggest ass out there.
    You love cops? they are public sector employees making a lot of $$ and have super bennies why are they different than teachers?
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    You love cops? they are public sector employees making a lot of $$ and have super bennies why are they different than teachers?
    Answer me this ol wise one

Why do you complain if a corner gas station is making a few extra hundred dollars a week because their gas is a few cents more than another area?

I had family member that was a cop including knowing may officers from years ago through business. Most are retired and moved away now. Respect them all but you do get a point where the games played to increase payout is a bit much. Specially if you really work hard, do your savings properly and still have a chance to be taxed out of your house over this. I can't even believe the cosmetic surgery (boobs) is still an issue with the buffalo school system. Or when you see a person play the comp/sick/personal day system and after 30 years cashing out with a 100k+ bonus ontop of the really good pension plan in the first place. There is more but I'm pretty sure you know what I mean.

Here are a few more for you.

SCHUMER, GILLIBRAND FIGHT TO PROTECT CONSUMERS FROM UNWANTED TELEMARKETING CALLS

FCC Reports More Than 3.7 Million Telemarketing Complaints In 2013

Washington, D.C. – More than twenty years ago, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) was passed to protect consumers from unsolicited and intrusive telephone calls from telemarketers while families were eating meals together or parents were helping children with homework. With efforts underway by various industries to weaken TCPA and allow auto-dialers to call consumers’ mobile devices, Senators Schumer, Gillibrand and 11 Senate Democrats today joined in a letter calling on the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to reject any attempts to weaken or undermine the law. Since 2003, more than 223 million Americans have put their phone numbers on the National Do Not Call Registry. Despite having the Registry in place, the Federal Trade Commission reported 3,748,655 telemarketing complaints in 2013, of which at least 58 percent were reported as including a recorded message.
    https://www.schumer.senate.gov/newsr...arketing-calls

How about stopping political ROBO CALLS. I'd rather have those stopped before telemarketing calls. A telemarketing call could be a good opportunity in some cases. Not often but you never know. Both are a pain in the rear.

Here is another good one.

Chuck comes from the middle class and works for the middle class, and those working to get there. Their stories have inspired him to champion protection for consumers throughout his career. He has led the charge against predatory lending, fought for enhanced protection of consumer transaction data, demanded greater disclosure of fees and surcharges in foreign wire transfers and passed into law the “Schumer Box,” which requires greater disclosure on credit card statements. He has fought against: ATM fees imposed by banks; defective rental cars; abusive practices by retailers that offer gift cards; and worked to protect families from unsafe consumer products, such as the use of toxic flame retardants and bisphenol-A (BPA) in children’s products.
    https://www.schumer.senate.gov/issue...mer-protection

Why doesn't Mr. Schumer fight against government service monopolies that are forcing people out of their homes because of property taxes. If a business has a monopoly on a service "government" is right there to put a stop to it. Or fight for the consumer when government groups or employees are up to BS which ends up cost us tax payers millions each year? This "consumer protection" should go both ways.

There are many more examples.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Answer me this ol wise one

Why do you complain if a corner gas station is making a few extra hundred dollars a week because their gas is a few cents more than another area?

I had family member that was a cop including knowing may officers from years ago through business. Most are retired and moved away now. Respect them all but you do get a point where the games played to increase payout is a bit much. Specially if you really work hard, do your savings properly and still have a chance to be taxed out of your house over this. I can't even believe the cosmetic surgery (boobs) is still an issue with the buffalo school system. Or when you see a person play the comp/sick/personal day system and after 30 years cashing out with a 100k+ bonus ontop of the really good pension plan in the first place. There is more but I'm pretty sure you know what I mean.

Here are a few more for you.

SCHUMER, GILLIBRAND FIGHT TO PROTECT CONSUMERS FROM UNWANTED TELEMARKETING CALLS

https://www.schumer.senate.gov/newsr...arketing-calls

How about stopping political ROBO CALLS. I'd rather have those stopped before telemarketing calls. A telemarketing call could be a good opportunity in some cases. Not often but you never know. Both are a pain in the rear.

Here is another good one.

https://www.schumer.senate.gov/issue...mer-protection

Why doesn't Mr. Schumer fight against government service monopolies that are forcing people out of their homes because of property taxes. If a business has a monopoly on a service "government" is right there to put a stop to it. Or fight for the consumer when government groups or employees are up to BS which ends up cost us tax payers millions each year? This "consumer protection" should go both ways.

There are many more examples.
    res,res, I'm not complaining about cops could careless what they make. I am saying tommy was dishing it out yesterday how everyone loves him (cops). Amherst cops are not fond of the special agent.. Why do the too goofballs on the air complain about public sector employees or unions but they love cops? But never mention their pensions, pay, health ins. no different than teachers or the guy plowing snow for a town or village. Tommy is an ass and the other guy needs to retire. get some new people on the air.

as for gas prices a few cents!! you better look at the gas prices compared to different areas in the state not a few cents they are holding prices up and always have. 2 people I know haul this stuff all around WNY.. end of the pipe line is BS

wow.. tug boat mike doing the PR work today for the ECWA Q & A about the water pipes popping.. What a cluster duck that was.. mike stick to your tug boat and Russian history.
    then tommy comes on the air with another goofball rus machine gun Thompson. Tommy cry baby carl would of been a better fit. The guy is up on voter fraud charges , Thompson is accused of voting in Grand Island during a primary election last fall, several months after he had moved to Niagara Falls. Thompson was a Grand Island resident for 21 years before moving to the Falls. Thompson is being charged as an E-Felony, which is the lowest felony level under New York law.

Still, the charge carries a maximum sentence of four years imprisonment upon conviction. maybe he will get two years.

oh tommmmy your such a tool. so the past three days I have been painting inside of my house and decided to listen to commercial radio on wben. (by the way how much time do the two goofballs actually talk on the air in a three and four hour show? These two guys have it made making six figures and and most of the show is commercials and news and they complain about teachers.) Tommy really liking himself again and I think looking for a job with trump. So I had to break out my rubber boots while painting.. lets see defending himself that he is not off his rocker and didnt see any secret agents on the power poll in his yard. the people behind this he sued and cant talk about it. so why bring it up if you cant give details. Do you think the trump people looked into him before they asked him to join the team.. how about this he said the trump people approached him at the rep convention. why? for what reason.. so now he is all hot and bothered that he hasnt heard from the trumpsters .. he even had tug boat mike on the show today and said you tell trump to call me. hahaha.. what a tool. Then we had a little of ALL my black listeners humm ... never really hear to many blacks call into his show.
    Couple of things I do wonder about never really mentions to much about cuomo any more like he used to and bad mouth him. or the gun issues in this state .. he would always make comments on that. almost as bad as when the mouth would bad mouth mayor erkel empty suit on his shows no more of that.. So was the cuomo spies really going after tommy and the secret agent stuff back then? all in all I took my rubber boots off after his show and damn they had a lot of poop on them.

hummm not a word on this subject from the mouth or rev tom on this subject about their buddy.. Cry baby carl sticks his foot in his mouth.. much like trump is doing.

The co-chairman of the Buffalo Parent Teacher Organization and a local Muslim leader lashed out at Carl P. Paladino on Friday after the Buffalo school board member revived the myth that President Obama is a Muslim.

At least three fact-checking websites – PolitiFact, FactCheck.org and Snopes – debunked the Obama-is-a-Muslim rumor years ago. But that didn’t stop Paladino from telling the New York Observer on Thursday: “In the mind of the average American, there is no doubt he is a Muslim. He is not a Christian.”

Larry Scott, the co-chairman of the Buffalo Parent-Teacher Organization, called Paladino’s remarks “absolutely despicable.”

Dr. Khalid J. Qazi, one of the region’s first Muslim leaders, termed Paladino’s comments “outrageous.”
    Despite the fact that what Paladino said was false, his comments spread far and wide – to the Huffington Post, to Talking Points Memo, to Gawker – because Paladino is co-chair of Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump’s New York campaign.

The Observer story by reporter Will Bredderman said that Paladino made those comments during a telephone interview for an unrelated article, in which Paladino “abruptly changed gears” to attack the president.

Paladino cited Obama’s policies in the Middle East as proof of the president’s supposed Muslim faith.
    “Look at what he’s done with Iran, what he’s done with the Sunni-Shia thing over in Iraq and Iran, and with ISIS,” Paladino told the Observer.

The newspaper’s publisher is Jared Kushner, who is Trump’s son-in-law.

After seeing Trump’s comments, Scott said they were an insult to students of color, who make up 80 percent of the enrollment in Buffalo city schools.

“There’s an underlying presumption that there’s something wrong with being Muslim,” Scott said. “That’s just not the Buffalo I know or the America I know.”
    Meanwhile, Qazi noted that American Muslims will take part in the Summer Olympics and serve in all four branches of the military, and that the freedom of religion guaranteed in the Constitution means that a Muslim could serve as president some day.

“Even if Obama were a Muslim, so what?” Qazi asked. “A president can be of any faith or no faith so long as they are a real American patriot.”

Paladino did not return a phone call seeking comment, but he elaborated on his thoughts on Obama in a Facebook post in response to Erie County Executive Mark C. Poloncarz, who went online to call Paladino’s comments “uneducated” and “bigoted in nature.”

On Facebook, Paladino appeared to backtrack slightly from his comments to the Observer, but he again cited the Iran nuclear agreement and America’s struggle against ISIS as reasons to suspect where Obama’s heart truly lies.

Happy Labor Day to the Mouth and REV.Tommy...I'm sure their not having a party today with a bunch of teachers..

How labor helped build the American middle class
    Labor Day! It’s a time when Americans celebrate their workers and their achievements, through parades, picnics and fireworks. However, many people are not aware the beginnings of this day – that is, the struggle of the workers for decent wages and safe places in their factories.

At the height of the industrial revolution in the late 1800s, many workers had to work 10 hours a day, seven days a week in unsafe factories. In response, the unions often went on strikes for better situations, which unleashed a wave of riots killing many workers. The corporations had the power over the unions and the governments by hiring smart lawyers in the courts, using thugs to beat down the strikers and firing activist workers. Under those situations, some union leaders called for a Labor Day to celebrate the workers’ achievements, and laws governing negotiations with the corporations.

http://www.buffalonews.com/opinion/v...class-20160904

Once about a time the Labor movement had the workers at heart. After many years as a union member and an official in the local USW. My opinion slowly changed.
    I now believe that the labor movement is only interested in getting more members so they can only get their union dues.
    How can they still support the politicians that pass bills that result in jobs being lost in this country is the big 64 dollar question.
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

LA comes down to this $$ u are right about the dues and members. Politicians could careless about unions only if there is something for them in a deal then they like unions.

Arbitrator rules Buffalo School Board can’t get rid of cosmetic surgery rider without negotiations ...not a word from the mouth on this today on commercial radio wben. WOW the mouth has to be crying with this ruling. Im sure both rev tom and the mouth were hitting their heads against the wall with this ruling. With their dislike for teachers now they can keep this rider and get more boob jobs..
    An arbitrator with the Public Employment Relations Board has ordered the Buffalo School Board not to eliminate the cosmetic surgery rider from the teacher union contract without first negotiating it with the union.

Michael Lewandowski determined last week that elimination of the rider without negotiations would violate the collective bargaining agreement with the Buffalo Teachers Federation.

“While it is understandable that the parties may be frustrated by their long-standing failed attempts to reach agreement on a successor collective bargaining agreement, I find that the facts before me, the collective bargaining agreement and the Taylor Law do not permit one of the parties to unilaterally change the terms of a collective bargaining agreement,” Lewandowski wrote.

This past June, the Buffalo School Board voted to eliminate the $5 million cosmetic surgery rider, a proposal brought to the table by members of the departing board majority. The board’s intention was to redirect the money to programs that have a direct impact on students.

But later that month, State Supreme Court Justice Tracey A. Bannister placed a temporary restraining order against the Buffalo School Board, preventing it from eliminating the cosmetic provision without first negotiating with the BTF.

BTF President Philip Rumore said he hopes the district will abide by the arbitrator’s decision.

“It is truly pathetic that we should have to go to court and also an arbitrator to show, what anyone with any sense knows, what they have done is illegal and wrong – you can’t unilaterally remove parts of a contract to which you agreed,” Rumore wrote in a statement issued Tuesday.
    “It is truly pathetic that we should have to go to court and also an arbitrator to show, what anyone with any sense knows, what they have done is illegal and wrong – you can’t unilaterally remove parts of a contract to which you agreed,” Rumore wrote in a statement issued Tuesday.

commercial filled wben is still going strong with trump. U would think the rev and the mouth would get sick of it everyday day in and day out .. then u have rush in the afternoon with the same old stuff. what happened to local talk radio on this station. the only thing mentioned is when the teachers pee pee off the mouth. Nothing on cry baby carl, or the felon Russ machine gun Thompson. the station needs a over haul.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    commercial filled wben is still going strong with trump. U would think the rev and the mouth would get sick of it everyday day in and day out .. then u have rush in the afternoon with the same old stuff. what happened to local talk radio on this station. the only thing mentioned is when the teachers pee pee off the mouth. Nothing on cry baby carl, or the felon Russ machine gun Thompson. the station needs a over haul.
    They carried the huge breaking news story last week about SCOPE and how there was infighting between 2 factions and how someone improperly spent $40 on a hotel room

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roman View Post
    They carried the huge breaking news story last week about SCOPE and how there was infighting between 2 factions and how someone improperly spent $40 on a hotel room
    oh god scope thats rev toms buddy he had bud on his show that day. thats a group of guys one is cheaper than the other.

Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread Information