Thread: tomato planting

Unregistered

tomato planting

has anyone tried those upside down tomato planters? do they really work like the commercial shows?

Quote Originally Posted by Tree_hugger29 View Post
    has anyone tried those upside down tomato planters? do they really work like the commercial shows?
    I haven't, so I don't know

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    My neighbor has them. I'll ask if I can take a few photos. They seem to be working.

Unregistered
    that would be nice of you.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    They work

My neighbor has very healthy plants growing upside down. One issue I saw was stem rot. Otherwise they seem good for people with very little space.

Hanging tomato

My friend did the same thing by hanging those plastic buckets that he finds. He cuts circles in the sides and the leaves grow out.. The flowers are pollinated and the tomato hangs down.
    Kiss someone that's different. It helps.
    Lets get the facts first, then go for the jugular!!
    It's all transparent, just read between the lines..

I find the upside down tomato plants to be an interesting idea. Two friends {neither have green thumbs} tried them and both plants died...I am not sure if it may not have been lack of watering and/or sunlight. Think I am going to give them a shot {the tomato plants, not my friends} next season. On a side note, is it me or does it seem like tomatoes are late this year?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    The best have been in the gardners.com tomato success kit. Just use their method and it works. THe container should last you forever and just replace the soil or keep it organically enriched and reuse it.

I'm almost thinking to dump my round pots and just replace them with two more of the success kits.

anyones neighbor
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky Racoon View Post
    Think I am going to give them a shot {the tomato plants, not my friends} next season. On a side note, is it me or does it seem like tomatoes are late this year?
    LOL Rocky! Not only late but the ones I've bought are quite small, maybe half their usual size.
    Also, I've bought some (just today actually) that don't even TASTE like homegrown tomatoes. They taste like those hydroponic ones. I keep buying them in different places too. Maybe I shouldn't buy anymore.

Thread Information