Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The issue of stink from kfc in the barnabas dr community is never ending battle

The issue of stink from kfc in the barnabas dr community is never ending battle

[FONT=arial black][SIZE=3]This Ventilation issue KFC has with their stacks on building has gone on far to long. The smell of grease is a big issue for me and my community of barnabas drive. Its not just me being effected by the foul grease smell. Its my surrounding neighbors to. The Stack that are over the vents on the roof are not stopping the smell . The DEC told them to put these stacks on the vents. Then the DEC stated they are not working to corrected the issue of greasy chicken and fumes. In 2010 The Village OF Depew had given the Restaurant several violation for the code Air polution. They were taken to court a several times and were told to come up with a solution to the smell. The Restaurant pleaded no contest and were Fined $250.00. The issue was forced on me and my neighbors who were also effected by the smell.
    I had letters sent from Politicians to the Owner of the business. I contacted The DEC, I wrote to the Attorney General Integrity Unite, The Village Of Depew Stated they no longer could do anything on this issue. Me and my community were blown off, NO solution. I was told I needed to get a lawyer to enforce the code and issue and get a judge to make the restaurant fix the venting. I could not afford thousands of dollars to fight against millionaire. I wasted money and got nothing done.
    So now it was 2013 and The Village OF Depew had dropped the code from their books. So I contacted the State Code Enforcement Office . To see if they could help on this issue by using the state codes to enforce the air pollution, Nothing done again,
    also had a article written in the Cheek/ Depew metro paper . Clear as day everyone who I spoken to. and had written letters on my behalf agrees that their is a on going issue with the foul grease chicken smell coming fom KFC. All the half to do is raise the stacks on the roof higher then my home.
    I spoken to Senator Tim Kennedy late 2013 about the Issue again because he wrote letters in the past and nothing was addressed . I told him me and my community are effected so bad by the smell we cannot enjoy our yards or homes. How would you feel on a nice cool breezy summer day if you could not enjoy some fresh air in your home or sit in your back yard. ? I would invite any one to come over and smell this foul grease smell. So he had decided to write a letter to the owners of KFC and address the issue agian.
    Its now 2014 and We are still dealing with issue. This is very upsetting to waste this much time on this issue. The Village Started this they should of forced the business to correct the problem or they should of been fine $250.00 a day till it was fixed. Now its a waiting game again . Senator Tim kennedy office is in contact with the owners of KFC . They plan on having a open forum with the business and residents in the Barnabas drive area on the smell issue. Sometime in June of this year. Hope we get some resolution soon. I attached letters to Owners of KFC and Senators office.PART_1398707326466.jpgPART_1398707288326.jpg we need the Residents of this community to step forward and speak up on this issue . stop eating at KFC
    Last edited by vietnam1967; April 28th, 2014 at 03:30 PM.

I hope you get the issue resolved. I'm sure it is no laughing matter for you and your neighbors...but...there's a Seinfeld for that:

The Best of Kramer - The Kenny Roaster

not everyone complains about the smell..... leaving world gym the other day walking to my car and KFC is in the air.... yummmmmm...
    2 blacks guys in the parking lot and one says to the other ..You smell dat chicken man... the other said . Ya man smells sooo good ....
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

how could you smell the chicken from across dick road , you were probably smelling duffs chicken wings which dont smell like foul burning chicken grease, come across dick road in to our yards and tell me then how much you love the smell every day

Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    not everyone complains about the smell..... leaving world gym the other day walking to my car and KFC is in the air.... yummmmmm...
    2 blacks guys in the parking lot and one says to the other ..You smell dat chicken man... the other said . Ya man smells sooo good ....
    Hmmmm... did you really need to say that?
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    Hmmmm... did you really need to say that?
    frankeeeee, I m just " " what they said nothing wrong with that.... I even said it smelled good..
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Something needs to be done soon

Happy Birthday, vietnam1967!!!!!

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Happy Birthday, vietnam1967!!!!!
    thankyou

this issue is not fair its warm and i want fresh air

wow the heat is here ad the smell is worse

This Veteran needs the help with this issue of stick and other things to like the loud speaker from the drive through and the the lights on his home. Please boycott KFC. The Politician and Community need to help on this issue. Its been far to long. This is not fair . How can he Celebrate memorial DAy being a proud Veteran . why fight another battle at Home.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    This is what happens when there is an over all lack of planning where growth occurs in our town. There really is no "plan" to where residential versus businesses are or at least the type of businesses within relation to homes.

Last example is moving the walmart which really isn't near homes down walden next to homes adding traffic to nagel. Was that KFC there before the homes were?

we need a probono lawyer to help.

I agree , I could use a good lawyer

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information