Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The issue of stink from kfc in the barnabas dr community is never ending battle

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    In October 2011, the Village of Depew board of trustees repealed Chapter 55 - "Air pollution" law from the village code.

KFC was in violation of that code and was giving several citations on air pollution and was fined 250. in 2010 then the code was repealed in 2011 leaving me stuck on how i was going to get the village to help me . i tried a lawyer too much money to fight the business

So, if a municipality doesn't want to enforce a law, they repeal the law. That stinks more
    than KFC.

Georgia L Schlager

thats so true
    Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    So, if a municipality doesn't want to enforce a law, they repeal the law. That stinks more
    than KFC.

My "get a ladder" resolution still will work. A well placed jolt of juice will take care of the "other" issue 8-)
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    My "get a ladder" resolution still will work. A well placed jolt of juice will take care of the "other" issue 8-)
    thats not the correct a issue

Quote Originally Posted by vietnam1967 View Post
    KFC was in violation of that code and was giving several citations on air pollution and was fined 250. in 2010 then the code was repealed in 2011 leaving me stuck on how i was going to get the village to help me . i tried a lawyer too much money to fight the business
    So then basically you're s.o.l.

You know what - did you ever tell the Board before they repealed this code about your issue (bear with me here) you stated:

"KFC was in violation of that code and was giving several citations on air pollution and was fined 250. in 2010 then - the code was repealed in 2011 leaving me stuck on how i was going to get the village to help me . I tried a lawyer too much money to fight the business"

Heres my thoughts - the Village knew about this issue - if they sited - then caused KFC to be fined - correct ?

Now I believe you stated some of your neighbors are also upset - true ?

It would seem obvious the Village changed the code to block your efforts and protect KFC.

That's blatant abuse of authority and I believe if you got your neighbors together you'd be able to sue the Board Members.

Who else would benefit from the removal of that code/law ?

Maybe you could try this - organize a neighborhood get together to discuss this issue. Have the facts printed out to distribute to your neighbors - once you have even a handful of people willing to meet - set the date. Ask those who attend if they would consider splitting the cost to sue the Village Board - until you drag them into court - it isn't real to these people.

Send a copy of your reasons for the meeting to the Buffalo News - along with date time and place of meeting - phone contact info. Make sure you include how the code was dropped after they were cited and fined / it was dropped after you and others complained about the smell.

In case I forgot send the notice to everyone from the Editor to local reporters and the Bee News. Then follow up with phone calls two days before the meeting - remind them of your hardship and reason for the meeting - personally invite them .

Be nice and factual don't sound defeated because this is a positive start. - If possible try to schedule your meeting a few days a head of the Village Board Meeting - then ask people to volunteer to attend the Village Board Meeting and present the Board with your concerns. Give each Board Member a copy of your issues statement and request it be entered into the records/meeting minutes. That makes it part of the legal records - if not they can just act like no one complained or raised the issue.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    You know what - did you ever tell the Board before they repealed this code about your issue (bear with me here) you stated:

"KFC was in violation of that code and was giving several citations on air pollution and was fined 250. in 2010 then - the code was repealed in 2011 leaving me stuck on how i was going to get the village to help me . I tried a lawyer too much money to fight the business"

Heres my thoughts - the Village knew about this issue - if they sited - then caused KFC to be fined - correct ?

Now I believe you stated some of your neighbors are also upset - true ?

It would seem obvious the Village changed the code to block your efforts and protect KFC.

That's blatant abuse of authority and I believe if you got your neighbors together you'd be able to sue the Board Members.

Who else would benefit from the removal of that code/law ?

Maybe you could try this - organize a neighborhood get together to discuss this issue. Have the facts printed out to distribute to your neighbors - once you have even a handful of people willing to meet - set the date. Ask those who attend if they would consider splitting the cost to sue the Village Board - until you drag them into court - it isn't real to these people.

Send a copy of your reasons for the meeting to the Buffalo News - along with date time and place of meeting - phone contact info. Make sure you include how the code was dropped after they were cited and fined / it was dropped after you and others complained about the smell.

In case I forgot send the notice to everyone from the Editor to local reporters and the Bee News. Then follow up with phone calls two days before the meeting - remind them of your hardship and reason for the meeting - personally invite them .

Be nice and factual don't sound defeated because this is a positive start. - If possible try to schedule your meeting a few days a head of the Village Board Meeting - then ask people to volunteer to attend the Village Board Meeting and present the Board with your concerns. Give each Board Member a copy of your issues statement and request it be entered into the records/meeting minutes. That makes it part of the legal records - if not they can just act like no one complained or raised the issue.
    thanks for the advice. yes I believe the village dropped the code to protect KFC because in 2010 they were gonna help and then let them off with a $250.00 FINE . 2011 eliminated the code to protect me and my neighbors . It would be nice to sue the board but i dont have the money again for a lawyer and my close neighbor is having health issues at this time. I have a petition on the issue signed by 163 signatures from my community to support the smell issue . see this KFc remodeled in and thats when they should of did something then with the venting and the Village should of made them corrected they were given violations 4 times and were taken to the village court while that code was on the books. last year the metro source did a article on this issue with the vents.

The Residents of the Village of Depew can now thank the board members for Repealing the village code on chapter 55 Air Pollution . Now no Residents are protected in this Village from any business that effects the quality of air with pollution. All to protect the big business and money makers of the community , So instead of enforcing the code they repeal it. nice . Stick it up the residents @#%. who protects the residents who pay taxes in this Village . good luck with them enforcing any code. i called the Village code enforcing about a few other issues and cant get him to call me back. Can anyone do the rite thing.

Me thinks there is another side to this story... Mikenold what say ye?
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyday77 View Post
    The Residents of the Village of Depew can now thank the board members for Repealing the village code on chapter 55 Air Pollution . Now no Residents are protected in this Village from any business that effects the quality of air with pollution. All to protect the big business and money makers of the community , So instead of enforcing the code they repeal it. nice . Stick it up the residents @#%. who protects the residents who pay taxes in this Village . good luck with them enforcing any code. i called the Village code enforcing about a few other issues and cant get him to call me back. Can anyone do the rite thing.
    i agree

A hem... there are several more layers of government covering this area besides the village board. Their decision did 'natta to change that fact. They stuck it to no one.

Wish Mike would chime in on this thread. I know there is more to this story. We are only hearing one side of it right now.

i contacted the state code enforcement officer and he agreed some corruption . why they get rid of that code ,

who is mike

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyday77 View Post
    this is the truth

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information