Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So are the residents of Amherst happy?

Tony Fracasso - Admin

So are the residents of Amherst happy?

So are the residents of Amherst happy with how the spending has been handled in the town?

So far so good!
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    So in hindsight was having satish as supervisor a good or bad thing?

How is the pepsi center running budget wise?

Town making or losing money with the composting?

I'm sorry i don't follow it that close.

I play hockey twice a week at the pepsi/northtown center... it runs well. But i've been told we pay someone over 80K plus bennies to run it on behalf of the town.
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Highest taxed town. Pepsi? center can't support its debt and director pay is more than $80. Satish tried to reduce functions and costs of the ones currently, but could not gather support from members. He argued for less highway, less police, less planners, less fire expense and freezing salaries of highest paid. The quiet large town loves its government because some cannot afford to move there. Stop trying to rock the boat, and please don't ask any of those questions about teh school taxes. What a peaceful town with no real problems to talk about .

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    The quiet large town loves its government because some cannot afford to move there. Stop trying to rock the boat, and please don't ask any of those questions about teh school taxes. What a peaceful town with no real problems to talk about .
    Are you being sarcastic?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post

Satish? A collective bad dream that the town inflicted on itself. Good riddance to him and his lap dog, Shelly.

Satish was a mess in office but a good thing that he was elected IMO. Shows that Amherst residents will vote for change. Something that can not be said about other places...including your town.

The Pepsi Center is a value add. Could it be run at a profit? Who knows. Do they pay mgmt too much? Maybe. But that entire complex services Hockey (boys and girls), figure skating, softball and football. For a lot of Amherst families, most of their year is spent there.

Better question is do parks make a profit? What about rec centers? Amherst families want services and are willing to pay for them.

As for the composting...well that is just a steaming pile of sh*t. Pun intended.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    Highest taxed town. Pepsi? center can't support its debt and director pay is more than $80. Satish tried to reduce functions and costs of the ones currently, but could not gather support from members. He argued for less highway, less police, less planners, less fire expense and freezing salaries of highest paid. The quiet large town loves its government because some cannot afford to move there. Stop trying to rock the boat, and please don't ask any of those questions about teh school taxes. What a peaceful town with no real problems to talk about .
    "they love government" Absolutely!! and all the shiny brand new engineering trucks that go from here to there.

Other areas of the country are so deprived.......

yes to your question Tony.

if you can't afford to live in Snyder then don't live there. My neighbors and I aren't interested in lowering our standard of living so that you can move in.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    if you can't afford to live in Snyder then don't live there. My neighbors and I aren't interested in lowering our standard of living so that you can move in.
    That has nothing to do with it. So when you walk into a store and see to of the same products that function the same, look the same, made by the same country, material and basically are the same? Do you picked up the one that cost $20 bucks or the one that is $10 bucks?

That has nothing to do with it. So when you walk into a store and see to of the same products that function the same, look the same, made by the same country, material and basically are the same? Do you picked up the one that cost $20 bucks or the one that is $10 bucks?
    This is where you are wrong Res. The product does not function the same or look the same.

As someone who has nephews in hockey, I spend a lot of time watching them when I am home in WNY. Every other hockey rink I have been to in WNY is a dump. The Northtown Center (or whatever they call it) has a full restaurant, fitness center, equipment shop along with several locker rooms. In comparison, some rinks have a lobby that is packed, horrible food and crappy bathrooms. They are not even close to be the same product.

To run a complex that big, with that many components takes staff and coordination.

Again, if you were to ask the families who use the center if they have a problem with the cost...the answer is no. For the families or folks who do not use the rink, there are other features in Amherst like parks and golf courses that they feel the same way about.

I hate to do it because he is off on so many things but I agree with Woofy on this. If you can afford to live in Amherst...don't live there.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    This is where you are wrong Res. The product does not function the same or look the same.
    I'm only referring to the "cost of labor per unit supplied"

I'm not referring to the services offered in each community. If you are going to offer a hockey rink service don't make it a patronage pit or run it inefficiently adding to the cost of the people who don't use it.

I'm only referring to the "cost of labor per unit supplied"

I'm not referring to the services offered in each community. If you are going to offer a hockey rink service don't make it a patronage pit or run it inefficiently adding to the cost of the people who don't use it.
    Again, I am not sure how the salary compares as I do not know the complete job description. I do know that the complex has lots of moving parts. It has tenants (which require a property manager), multiple rinks (which require staff) and services multiple programs (which require scheduling and management)....

The two questions that should be asked IMO are:

1 - Does the position justify the salary? The more I look at it and with limited information...I think it does. I could be wrong.

2 - Is the person in the position qualified? I honestly do not know. Just because he is the son of someone does not mean he should never be allowed to work for the same town.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    The two questions that should be asked IMO are:

1 - Does the position justify the salary? The more I look at it and with limited information...I think it does. I could be wrong.

2 - Is the person in the position qualified? I honestly do not know. Just because he is the son of someone does not mean he should never be allowed to work for the same town.
    This is Erie County. What do think?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information