Thread: Mummies of the World Exhibition - not all that good

Mummies of the World Exhibition - not all that good

I took one of my grandchildren to see it last Friday - a big disappointment compared to the Body World exhibit.

One very odd display was of naturally mummified remains of a man, woman, and their child who all died in the 16th or 17th century. Their remains were dressed in the clothing of the time, but obviously that is not the way their remains would have looked when discovered, and that is not the way their cadavers would have looked when buried. It just seem creepy to dress up the remains that way.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Did they have a lot of mummies though?

I think there were fewer mummies than there were bodies in the Body World Exhibit - but more importantly they didn't seem to be displayed in a very interesting manner. Most of the exhibit was non-Egyptian mummies. It seem to revolve more around the fact that the the environment can cause mummification as well as purposeful preparation.

there were also mummified body parts (a hand and a foot) that were sold as souvenirs at one time.

And "shrunken heads" but the write-up was unclear about whether the heads were merely art work or really heads that were somehow "shrunken".

Thread Information