Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Property taxes are set to increase 30% this year

Angry Property taxes are set to increase 30% this year

Interesting... got the letter today.
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Assessment went up?

30% increase which means... 30% increase in taxes...

I geuss I should be thankful? last time they raised my assessment 65%

So palidino and iskalo both get multimillion dollar tax breaks, and with in 18 months the residents who objected to their projects in the first place, continue to object now get to make up the slack... ****ing hate this town

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'm telling you. You want to make a difference you need to remove from office the people that are the enablers of the IDA's. It's funny how "Democrats" make it sound that it is the republicans who want the tax breaks. Notice you don't see democrats fighting against IDAs? And now we have Cuomo starting up tax free zones. All BS.

Tony your pretty smart... when will YOU realise that voting DOESNT work?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    It does. You just have to really know who you are voting for. You can easily vote in someone who talks a good game but in the end continues being no different than who you voted out. You also can't vote in people who are not very bright even though they "mean well". I think some town board members throughout our community think it's more a social club more than "running a town" so it prospers.

Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post

So palidino and iskalo both get multimillion dollar tax breaks, and with in 18 months the residents who objected to their projects in the first place, continue to object now get to make up the slack... ****ing hate this town
    You know...Aristocrats prefer the title "job creators"...

Did the letter say your taxes were going up 30%? Just because your assessment goes up doesn't automatically mean taxes are doing the same. You'd need to know the % increase in assessment of every other property in town. And as I've said all along it's the levy, people, not just the assessed value that determines taxes. But you're right what a curse to live in a town where property is appreciating. I suggest you move into the toilet that is the City of Buffalo, with it's joke school system, high crime rate, no convenient shopping, inability to plow the streets, functional illiterates on the city council and running the schools...no need to worry about property appreciation there!

Let me see if I have this right.

You're saying that your assessment went up 65% and then 30%? So if your home was assessed at $90,000 you're claiming that the assessment went up to 144,090 and then to $187,317? Is that what you're claiming?

First off, I am call BS. Take off the tin foil hat.

Secondly, if you're actually being honest and your assessment has 108%...then your property value has also gone up significantly over that time frame. Seeing as since you come off cheap, I am doubting it's due to you adding an additional floor or multiple bedrooms and assuming that value increase is due to the growth/activity/desirability of the village you despise.

So my suggestion to you is to sell but don't sell for the market value of your home. You're someone of 'honor'...no you should sell for the value of the home at the time you purchased it. Right?

Hmm I call bs to your bs.

Original assessment $103k
    New assessment 2008 $167
    Fought the new assessment $105
    2014 assessment 135k

Here's the best part!

Where I live is not diserable for families!

Second, the biggest 'improvement' I have done is mow my lawn! Imagine that....

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post

So my suggestion to you is to sell but don't sell for the market value of your home. You're someone of 'honor'...no you should sell for the value of the home at the time you purchased it. Right?
    Here is one issue. Let us say you are elderly and retired. Fine and good property values went up but do you want to sell your home because you can't afford the tax increases? If you die in your home it isn't like you will benefit from the increase of value.

Hmm I call bs to your bs.

Original assessment $103k
    New assessment 2008 $167
    Fought the new assessment $105
    2014 assessment 135k

Here's the best part!

Where I live is not desirable for families!

Second, the biggest 'improvement' I have done is mow my lawn! Imagine that....

So your assessment did not go up 62% like you claimed. It went up just 1.9% the first time around. It then jumped 28% from 105K and 31% from 103K. At the end of the day, your assessment has only gone up 31% not the 108% you painted the picture of previously. You're either trying to paint an incorrect picture or you're horrible at math.

At the end of the day, if you're unhappy with the assessment you should move. That said, the value of your property has increased over that period of time as well. Are you denying that?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Here is one issue. Let us say you are elderly and retired. Fine and good property values went up but do you want to sell your home because you can't afford the tax increases? If you die in your home it isn't like you will benefit from the increase of value.

It depends on the situation but a home is an asset that comes with risk and reward.

If you die in your home, you have an asset to pass on to your family. That is a goal for many. A higher value leads to a bigger asset to pass on.

If you do not want to pass it along, you can look into a reverse mortgage.

You can also look into selling before you die.

I really do not see the logic that someone should get a pass on the risk/reward of real estate simply because of age or health. Can you put out a case as to why that should happen?

a home, aka property... is an asset?

Are you stoned or just stupid?

A home, or property is a MASSIVE liability.

How? well thats for you to figure out, for the rest of you, if anyone tells you home ownership is an asset, or real estate property is an asset, their either lying to you, or, as dumb as you are.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    So your assessment did not go up 62% like you claimed. i didnt make this claim you didIt went up just 1.9% the first time around.never mind the $1,000 i spent fighting it, countless hours of research ect... It then jumped 28% from 105K and 31% from 103K. Try a bong, i hear ir wont burn your throat as much At the end of the day, your assessment has only gone up 31% not the 108% you painted the picture of previouslyI simply stated the facts. 103, to 168, spend a grand, 105, now back to 135. I mow my lawn. and unless you like your kids cold, you wouldnt move to my house.. You're either trying to paint an incorrect picture or you're horrible at math. Another hit? isnt pot legal in your state?

At the end of the day, if you're unhappy with the assessment you should move. That said, the value of your property has increased over that period of time as well. Are you denying that?
    Some would deny that yes. also, their are factors involved in value of property.. such as surrounding zoning, traffic values, and EPA classifications... but lets not go there.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information