Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Corrupt Hamburg Police Officer?

Corrupt Hamburg Police Officer?

Anyone see the Buffalo News article today detailing the corruption of a Hamburg Police Officer who assisted local motor cycle gangs in carrying out attacks on rival motor cycle gangs?

Here is the article:

Member of Hamburg police is a figure of interest in case involving Chosen Few
    By Dan Herbeck
    NEWS STAFF REPORTER

A Town of Hamburg police officer was placed on administrative leave last week, and federal agents are investigating to determine if the officer improperly supplied police information to the Chosen Few motorcycle gang.

Police officials also have turned the officer’s computer over to FBI agents, who are examining it to determine whether any law enforcement or state motor vehicle information was illegally accessed.

While few details were disclosed, The Buffalo News learned that federal agents are looking into allegations that the officer improperly provided information to Chosen Few leaders about some members of the Kingsmen, another biker gang.

Some of the Kingsmen, according to police, have feuded with members of the Chosen Few for more than a decade.

Existence of the federal investigation into the Hamburg officer’s activities was confirmed for The News by four sources who are familiar with it. The sources emphasized that, so far, the investigation has turned up nothing definitive about the officer’s actions.

They also confirmed that Buffalo defense attorney Joel L. Daniels is representing the officer, who is being paid during the administrative leave. The name, rank and gender of the officer were not revealed.

“Right now, it’s a personnel matter, and I can’t discuss it,” said Hamburg Police Chief Carmen Kesner.

When asked about the FBI probe and the computer, Kesner added: “I can’t comment on that.”

The investigation was briefly discussed in public at U. S. District Court on May 14, during a bail hearing for Alex Koschtschuk, 58, of Alden, identified by the FBI as president of the Chosen Few.

Koschtschuk and 19 other defendants were arrested May 7 after an investigation into biker violence conducted by the FBI-led Safe Streets Task Force.

During the bail hearing, Assistant U. S. Attorney Anthony M. Bruce revealed that information about some Kingsmen leaders — including their police mug shots, what vehicles they drive and diagrams of their homes and clubhouses — was found by state police in Koschtschuk’s home.

Federal agents suspect that a suburban police officer may have provided some of that information to the Chosen Few, and that matter is under investigation, Bruce told U. S. Magistrate Judge Jeremiah J. McCarthy during the hearing.

Monday, Bruce said he could not discuss the investigation. The Buffalo FBI office also declined to discuss it.

“An officer has been placed on administrative leave, and at this point, I’m not commenting,” Daniels said.

Anyone here who the officer is? There are not that many officers on the Hamburg PD, so it shouldn't be all that hard to figure out.

he'll still get his pension!
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksimm View Post
    “An officer has been placed on administrative leave, and at this point, I’m not commenting,” Daniels said.
    Translated in to normal english " The cop is on a paid vacation that tax payers are forced to pay for and the department is going to not say anything and hope it goes away, were so glad the public has a short memory and is fine with being financially raped"
    If you walk around in a forest with your eyes closed you will eventually walk in to a tree.

2 + 2 = 5

Jesus died for your sins I do it for your mere entertainment dollar (Doug Stanhope)

IF the officer was supplying confidential departmental info to the Chosen Few about the Kingsmen, how much money could the officer possibly have made that he'd risk his career?

Maybe he was a member of the Chosen Few before he became a cop?
    Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.

Emma Bull

I don't think it was a HE.You heard it first here.

Quote Originally Posted by GRANDPOOBA View Post
    Stop being such a teaser, Gramps!

http://www.erie.gov/hamburg/dep_police_description.asp

What I want to know is why NINE people are viewing this thread but have no comments to post?
    (Just looked a few seconds ago)

Emma Bull

Whats going on with this?Went to Hamburg First site not a thing on it.Seems to be hush-hush.Ford always has something to say plus the Sun came out today.

So, if it is not a HE, that only leaves a she b/c I know of no transexuals on the Hamburg PD rolls. So that narrows it down to 3-4 officers.

If you know something, PLEASE stop teasing us and say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfounded View Post
    What I want to know is why NINE people are viewing this thread but have no comments to post?
    (Just looked a few seconds ago)
    Are you implying that people are afraid/intimidated to spill the beans on this? If so, why?

Whats going on with this?Went to Hamburg First site not a thing on it.Seems to be hush-hush.Ford always has something to say plus the Sun came out today.
    I checked the Hamburg First site and was also surprised that there was not a mention of this story.

I wonder if the officer was aligned with his poltical allies. Maybe jsut being a conspiracy theorist. There have been plenty of times where his site lags behind.

I see it as Mr.Beckwith does not want to rock the boat with Walters.Walters himslef will not give out the name of the officer.I say he is wrong ,we pay taxes this officer sitting home and collecting a pay check.Taxpayers have a right to know who we are paying.

I see it as Mr.Beckwith does not want to rock the boat with Walters.Walters himslef will not give out the name of the officer.I say he is wrong ,we pay taxes this officer sitting home and collecting a pay check.Taxpayers have a right to know who we are paying.
    Your post was the one that implied that the officer in question was a female. Do you now anything, or have you heard any rumors of the officer's identity?
    Last edited by Rocksimm; June 25th, 2009 at 05:17 PM. Reason: put in a semi-colon rather than an apostrophe

Rock pm me........

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksimm View Post
    Are you implying that people are afraid/intimidated to spill the beans on this? If so, why?
    No. I was on this MB for well over an hour this morning, periodically checked this thread and there were 8 to 10 members and guests viewing this but not posting, which I found weird because there was not much on the board to read! That's all.

IF the officer's female, MAYBE she had a boyfriend or relative in the biker gang she(?) fed confidential info on the Kingsmen to.

Then again, innocent until proven guilty.
    Just curious how much in the way of details will make the news.

Don't want to see an officer's career fall but I wonder why would someone (allegedly) risk their entire future for a few bucks?

Emma Bull

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information