Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Thread: So do you think he has any shot?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Amherst
    Posts
    11,438

    So do you think he has any shot?

    "At just 23 years old, Matthew Ricchiazzi is taking on a huge challenge -- becoming Buffalo's first Republican mayor in more than four decades.

    Ricchiazzi is a graduate of Cornell with a degree in urban planning. He is currently working on his MBA from Cornell. He says, despite his age, he has the experience necessary to turn around the economic downtown in Buffalo."

    So do you think a 23 year old non corrupt republican can win the mayor job?

    I'd like to see it, but I don't give him much a shot with all the ignorant people who vote by skin color.


    http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story...67938&catid=13

    www.changebuffalo.org
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

    Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

  2. #2
    Member run4it's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    5,689
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    "At just 23 years old, Matthew Ricchiazzi is taking on a huge challenge -- becoming Buffalo's first Republican mayor in more than four decades.

    Ricchiazzi is a graduate of Cornell with a degree in urban planning. He is currently working on his MBA from Cornell. He says, despite his age, he has the experience necessary to turn around the economic downtown in Buffalo."

    So do you think a 23 year old non corrupt republican can win the mayor job?

    I'd like to see it, but I don't give him much a shot with all the ignorant people who vote by skin color.


    http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story...67938&catid=13

    www.changebuffalo.org
    Of course, if they won't vote for a guy who is barely old enough to legally go into a bar, it's because of reverse racism, right? That's the reason that Buffalo hasn't had a Repub mayor in 40 years...because of race.

    If he were to win, it'd only be because of people so hateful to Brown and the Dems that they'd vote for a barely post-adolescent with absolutely zero administrative experience.
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Amherst
    Posts
    11,438
    No it's not reverse racism, you and I both know that Brown only one because he's black. Every race tends to vote for people of their own race. Not to mention, Buffalo is massively DEM.

    And you wanna talk about experience? What since he hasn't done his tour as community activist his not experienced enough?

    He's young, he's not corrupt like EVERY OTHER pol in the are, he has ambishion and currently he owes nothing to no one! Can you say that about any mayor of the last 50 years? NO
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

    Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

  4. #4
    Member run4it's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    5,689
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    No it's not reverse racism, you and I both know that Brown only one because he's black. Every race tends to vote for people of their own race. Not to mention, Buffalo is massively DEM.

    And you wanna talk about experience? What since he hasn't done his tour as community activist his not experienced enough?

    He's young, he's not corrupt like EVERY OTHER pol in the are, he has ambishion and currently he owes nothing to no one! Can you say that about any mayor of the last 50 years? NO
    Sorry...it'd be completely idiotic to give the keys to a city struggling to work its way out of a deep hole who has absolutely zero experience, public or private.

    Brown did not win only because he's black. He won because he was the Democratic heir apparent. That had been no secret for years even before Masiello retired.
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Amherst
    Posts
    11,438
    Quote Originally Posted by run4it View Post
    Sorry...it'd be completely idiotic to give the keys to a city struggling to work its way out of a deep hole who has absolutely zero experience, public or private.

    Brown did not win only because he's black. He won because he was the Democratic heir apparent. That had been no secret for years even before Masiello retired.
    So you'd rather have the same old same old continue the 50 year downfall of the city YOU LIVE IN, versus trying something different? Let's be honest here, he couldn't do any worse could he?

    Oh and they gave the key to the city to TO, is he better qualified?
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

    Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

  6. #6
    Member Dumbfounded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    "At just 23 years old, Matthew Ricchiazzi is taking on a huge challenge -- becoming Buffalo's first Republican mayor in more than four decades.

    Ricchiazzi is a graduate of Cornell with a degree in urban planning. He is currently working on his MBA from Cornell. He says, despite his age, he has the experience necessary to turn around the economic downtown in Buffalo."

    So do you think a 23 year old non corrupt republican can win the mayor job?

    I'd like to see it, but I don't give him much a shot with all the ignorant people who vote by skin color.


    http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story...67938&catid=13

    www.changebuffalo.org
    I'm taking a wild guess here but I'm pretty sure that Buffalo's African American population are as disgusted with Mayor Brown's ineptitude and inaccessibility as the Whites and Hispanics in Buffalo or in the proper vernacular,

    "That fool Brown? Hell! He just ain't no good for this city! Hmmph! I'll even vote for some pasty-ass white man this time!!!"


    Griffin & Massiello weren't the best of mayors by far but at least they could be contacted.

    The BEST thing Mayor Brown has done is to make his face known all over Buffalo;I've never SEEN a mayor take advantage of so many photo ops and news coverage!

    As far as voting for a Republican, who cares? I'm a liberal and I'd vote for a politician regardless of their party affiliation as long as they seem competent.

    I, a liberal voted for George Bush and by God almighty, I have NO regrets! None. FOLKS.


    I wonder how low this campaign, the debates are going to sink to as far as accusations from both sides?
    Will Buffalo sink to new lows?

    Will Ricchiazzi outline sound and solid plans to revitalize Buffalo?
    Will Mayor Brown promise the voters a better and brighter future for Buffalo?

    Will the sewage plants work overtime to take care of the AHEM that comes out of the campaign for mayor of Buffalo?

    Stay tuned and watch the City Of Buffalo Bulletin Board on local cable access, just because its so fun and interesting to watch.
    Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.

    Emma Bull

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Amherst
    Posts
    11,438
    From his web site:

    "I pledge that I will never, ever—ever—offer $80 million in taxpayer subsidies to a fishing store. Bass Pro development strategies are absurd and profoundly shortsighted. Retail is not a wealth generating industry; nor is it a high paying industry; nor will attract people to downtown Buffalo. These haphazard, politically motivated, drop-in-the-bucket strategies are both leaching our coffers and our civic pride. Under my leadership, these types of proposals will be laughed out of the room and out of the realm of possibility."


    This would be a great start!
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

    Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

  8. #8
    Member steven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    West Side!
    Posts
    11,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    you and I both know that Brown only one because he's black. Every race tends to vote for people of their own race.
    The population of the city of Buffalo is predominatly caucasian not black.
    White 54%
    Black 37%

    Brown is the first black mayor the city has ever had.


    Griffin & Massiello weren't the best of mayors by far but at least they could be contacted.
    Now your mentioning a candidate that won because of race. Griffin won by scaring all the whites in North and S. Buffalo in to voting for him because of fear of a black mayor.

    I remember clearly how good ol Jimmie disbursed his thugs through out the city to spray paint Eve's name under the word Stop on all the stop signs on the North and South side's.


    Why some posters turn every discussion into a race issue and then get mad when people think of them as rascist is a mystery to me.
    “if you’ve got health insurance, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.”
    Barrack Obama

  9. #9
    Unregistered
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    On the edge of the SUWNY "penalty box."
    Posts
    9,372
    If it weren't for Mayor Urkel, Buffalo would be a city without a 311 line.

    Give him another term and you might get a 511 traffic line.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    On the East Side of the B~lo
    Posts
    5,150
    Quote Originally Posted by steven View Post
    Why some posters turn every discussion into a race issue and then get mad when people think of them as rascist is a mystery to me.
    This is so true.
    WNY's link to the latest deals,printable coupons AND money saving tips!
    www.buffalobroad.com

  11. #11
    Member PickOranges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,420
    If we could find 15 of these citizens from both parties to run, I would help them in a heartbeat. I would be sued for age discrimination because I think it is better they they be under 30 ( maybe not since I am over 30+).

    He seems determined but not well informed.

    There is another Republican running on the Mayoral line from Lovejoy. Matt R. is going door to door without any Rep list from the board of elections. The masters of the Rep party will easily look to throw out his petitions. He needs to be a Dem to win in the city... period.
    Kiss someone that's different. It helps.
    Lets get the facts first, then go for the jugular!!
    It's all transparent, just read between the lines..

  12. #12
    Member Bioguy231's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,760
    Lack of experience and maturity didn't stop Obama from getting elected. The real problem this guy has is running as a Republican.
    Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. Ronald Reagan

  13. #13
    Member Dumbfounded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfing USA View Post
    If it weren't for Mayor Urkel, Buffalo would be a city without a 311 line.

    Give him another term and you might get a 511 traffic line.
    A 311 line which as inefficient and useless as Mayor Brown.

    A 311 line which LOOKS useful and professional but DOES VERY LITTLE
    Just like Mayor Brown who wears expensive suits and always smiles for the cameras but hasn't done jack for the city except cover for his friends.

    Surfing, as spot-on as you USUALLY are,
    calling Mayor Brown "Urkel" ain't 100% accurate because Urkel from the TV show was a GENIUS.
    Mayor Brown is not a genius although he LOOKS a lot like Urkel.


    But at this point, I would vote for a talking dog as mayor!
    Last edited by Dumbfounded; June 23rd, 2009 at 03:14 PM. Reason: grammar
    Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.

    Emma Bull

  14. #14
    Member CSense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5,185
    Quote Originally Posted by run4it View Post
    Of course, if they won't vote for a guy who is barely old enough to legally go into a bar, it's because of reverse racism, right? That's the reason that Buffalo hasn't had a Repub mayor in 40 years...because of race.

    If he were to win, it'd only be because of people so hateful to Brown and the Dems that they'd vote for a barely post-adolescent with absolutely zero administrative experience.
    So what's your point? Seriously. How much administrative experience did Erkel have before he was elected?

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,626

    Greatest accomplishment to date

    Quote Originally Posted by CSense View Post
    So what's your point? Seriously. How much administrative experience did Erkel have before he was elected?
    WELL...HE did get a street name changed!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Did you get your flu shot?
    By Dumbfounded in forum Morning Breakfast - Breaking News
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: November 24th, 2008, 12:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •