Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So do you think he has any shot?

He won't win, and I'm no Republican, but I'd vote for him
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

I'd vote for him too.

How much worse could he do compared to what they got now?

It isn't like the "experienced" have done so well.....

Exactly!
    I'll give someone with young, progressive ideals over almost anyone
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by CSense View Post
    So what's your point? Seriously. How much administrative experience did Erkel have before he was elected?
    Ask that about any elected official that for the most part never worked in a real private sector position.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfounded View Post
    I, a liberal voted for George Bush and by God almighty, I have NO regrets! None. FOLKS.
    DF, you're scaring me.

Quote Originally Posted by Effigy View Post
    DF, you're scaring me.
    Once I woke up from the right-wing fantasy insanity and realized that I voted for Bush in the first election, I felt horrible. Really bad.
    Until I found out more and more about the 2000 election fraud and after that the 2004 election fraud;Two stolen elections, eight years of the drunken puppet and his hell-spawned master, Cheney the butcher!

Enough,
    "I'd vote for him too. How much worse could he do compared to what they got now? It isn't like the "experienced" have done so well....."

Hipkat,
    "I'll give someone with young, progressive ideals over almost anyone."

Enough & Hipkat, you both make total sense.
    Buuuuuuuut-Have a bad feeling given Buffalo's mayorial history,
    that we're gonna have the well-dressed useless opportunist mayor for another 4 years.

Yes. Mayor Brown's caring and sensitive 311 line got back to me really fast. Thank you for being a great, compassionate and wise leader, Mayor Brown. You've done Buffalo proud!
    Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.

Emma Bull

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    "At just 23 years old, Matthew Ricchiazzi is taking on a huge challenge -- becoming Buffalo's first Republican mayor in more than four decades.

Ricchiazzi is a graduate of Cornell with a degree in urban planning. He is currently working on his MBA from Cornell. He says, despite his age, he has the experience necessary to turn around the economic downtown in Buffalo."

So do you think a 23 year old non corrupt republican can win the mayor job?

I'd like to see it, but I don't give him much a shot with all the ignorant people who vote by skin color.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story...67938&catid=13

www.changebuffalo.org
    I have to ask: At 23 years old, what experience is he talking about?
    One beautiful thing about having a government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations is that every disaster is measured in terms of economic loss. It's sort of like getting your arm sheared off in a car accident and thinking, "Damn, now it'll take longer to fold the laundry" as blood spurts from your arteries. - The Rude Pundit

Also:
    "I don't think we need more democrats right now," Ricchiazzi said. "This region needs republicans who want to cut taxes, who want to dismantle the political establishment."
    *Yawn*

Seriously. The man is using GOP talking points that are older than he is. Good luck with that. If he was capable like he sez he is, he would be aware that both of those points are tired pablum for the voter at large.
    One beautiful thing about having a government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations is that every disaster is measured in terms of economic loss. It's sort of like getting your arm sheared off in a car accident and thinking, "Damn, now it'll take longer to fold the laundry" as blood spurts from your arteries. - The Rude Pundit

I'd like to see it, but I don't give him much a shot with all the ignorant people who vote by skin color.
    Look at you, pulling out the race card - I thought it's only blacks that do that.

It's amazing, how, in your distorted little world, a black person accomplishes something, and it's because they're black. Are you like that at work? Black guy gets a promotion, and you whisper to everyone "You know why he got the promotion, right?"

Serious piece of friendly advice, Dougles -- I know that you're a young guy. If you don't make a conscience effort to change your ways, you headed for a life of CGood - and he'll be the first one to tell you how miserable he is.

Now....sorry to derail this thread.

Personally, down with whitey. I think I'm gonna start my own chapter of the Black Panthers just to pick on the poor, oppressed minority known as the white conservative. (Is there any other kind of conservative, though?)

To Conservatives: Keep acting like the victim and we'll keep whuppin' ya as if you were one.

What about the hip hop republicans?
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

What about the hip hop republicans?
    Lame hip hop sucks.

It takes a nation of millions, don't ya know.

Elvis was a hero to most, but he never meant **** to me.

Dennis Kucinich was Cleveland's youngest mayor ever when they went into bankruptcy , thing is I believe (?) years later that it was the real "right thing" to have been done at the time , that's why he's respected by quite a few in the political arena............so does youth always play a part on how a city is run , I think not , it's the person........
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15
    www.onlinemedia.net - www.vinyl-graphics.com

It's not always about WHO you vote for, it's often with whom they surround themselves.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information