Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Selling off of America !

Selling off of America !

United Emerence to take over 6 American shipping ports from NO to NY...a known terrorist country will be in control of our shipping ports...the product will be mass killings....And who set this up good old George Bush Jr...This is something to be concern about.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

I would like to hear what any Conservative thinks of this.
    How could this happen when you KNOW the majority would disapprove of it?

moonshine
    So let me get this straight...

Any country located in the middle east is automatically a terrorist country?

That might take the cake as the pinhead assumption of the year. UAE is one of the wealthiest per-capita countries in the world. Not a terrorist haven by any means. The folks in Dubai don't have time to cater to terrorists. They're too busy getting their mercedes waxed.

Evidence of mental retardation in the neocon ideology and journalism industry needs to be examined.

Originally posted by moonshine

That might take the cake as the pinhead assumption of the year. UAE is one of the wealthiest per-capita countries in the world. Not a terrorist haven by any means. The folks in Dubai don't have time to cater to terrorists. They're too busy getting their mercedes waxed.

Evidence of mental retardation in the neocon ideology and journalism industry needs to be examined.
    I agree. I saw somebody on the tv over the weekend who said the real problem isn't that somebody from the UAE will own these port facilities, but about port security!!!

Port security has been an issue since 9/11, but there's really been nothing done about it. Obviously, the Bush Admin is too busy spying on Americans without warrants and trying to hush up some of its henchmen's use of torture to address a real danger: the millions of sealed cargo containers that come into US ports every month.
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

I still say that if this issue went up for a vote by the people, it wouldn't have gone through.

I think the UAE is more into tourism than terrorism. They have some killer hotels over there.

moonshine
    They have some killer hotels over there.
    A lot of HOT RICH Lebonese and Syrian chicks too.

The UAE may not have terrorist ambitions but politically this is a very bad idea. I doubt that this sale will go through when all is said and done.

It would seem this administration and anyone else who supports this deal, have washed their hands of port security.

Originally posted by DR_GONZO
    It would seem this administration and anyone else who supports this deal, have washed their hands of port security.
    I have been thinking about this and wondered. What does the sale really have to do with port security?
    The fed is not going to relax security into this country just because the UAE is doing the job. They still will have to abide by fed guidelines and regulations. Just as anyone else who may have the rights to port security.
    The other question would be. Who else is interested in supplying port security?
    If we answer the question with it should be done by the government. Then why isn't all security for every buisness in the country run by the government?
    I still say it is a bad political move but the more aI think about it, what really is wrong with it.
    Please no answers that are purely emotional in character. There must be some hard facts against this sale.

After all that has been reported about lax security in all of our ports even before September 11, 2001 and the lack government statements dealing with this, along with border security issues, if an attack ever developes because of these neglected issues, blame will be tossed around much like the Katrina disaster. No accountability. That's what I meant by 'washing their hands'. Passing the buck. I myself could not imagine selling off U.S. ports to any country while in a war on terror. I guess I don't fully understand or trust global corporate government.

ships docks piers warehouses hiring workers etc is a private business watched over and regulated by our government .
    as with other private business who owns it is not the government job. the governments job is inforcing the regulations
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

The bigger issue is once again being overlooked. PORT SECURITY or the lack of it. We are told, scared, threatened that we, as Americans are at war. A war on terror. How does this war end? Like the war on drugs ended? Oh that's right, we still fighting that one too. Ignoring port security could cripple this nation. Nothing or no one has to be smuggled into the country through one of these ports. If the enemies of the U.S.A. blow up just one port, our economy would stop. Nothing gets in or goes out of U.S. for a very long time. Say good bye to your 401ks, etc... Again, why is this being ignored?

DC

Originally posted by moonshine

says Dubai has good old Ben Laden money in its coffers and its also know that dubai is linked to ben laden (sp) people...just like good old Geroge Bush did buisness with Bennie boy.....This country is going in the tubes fast......
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

East of Millersport and now on Facebook at facebook.com/absolivious

Homework

Here's a New Yorker article that might be worth reading before anyone gets any deeper into this discussion.

-notice the original date-

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information