Thread: Happy Father's Day

Thumbs up Happy Father's Day

Just want to wish all you fathers out there Happy Father's Day , hope it's a VERY special day for you , & for those whose loved ones have already gone "home" , they're blessed & in a better place , there's MUCH to rejoice about , so celebrate the day.............
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15
    www.onlinemedia.net - www.vinyl-graphics.com

Happy father's day to all you dads out there.
    Adopt an English Springer Spaniel.
    http://www.springerrescue.org
    "Striving to be the person
    that my dogs think I am"

www.BuffaloReUse.org

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there
    and the moms that have to be dad too
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Quote Originally Posted by mesue View Post
    Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there
    and the moms that have to be dad too
    good point mesue , sometimes you forget that some moms have to do two roles & also some dads have to be moms also............
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15

Quote Originally Posted by dgrzeb View Post
    good point mesue , sometimes you forget that some moms have to do two roles & also some dads have to be moms also............
    I was thinking that as I wrote it, but it isn't Mother's Day so I left it out
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Quote Originally Posted by mesue View Post
    I was thinking that as I wrote it, but it isn't Mother's Day so I left it out
    only reason I thought about it was my mom while we were growing up spent LONG stretches in the hospitals , my dad tried his best to do both roles , man what a terrible cook , but his heart was in it , that what counts (plus he wasn't too good at dusting either , my sisters & cousin had to do it.........)

I sure miss mine

Happy fathers day,enjoy em if you got em.

A father is a thing that is forced to endure childbirth, without an anesthetic.

A father is a thing that growls when it feels good–and laughs loud when it’s scared half to death.

A father never feels entirely worthy of worship in his child’s eyes. He never is quite the hero his daughter thinks, never quite the man his son believes him to be. This worries him, sometimes, so he works too hard to try and smooth the rough places in the road for those of his own who will follow him.

A father is a thing that gets very angry when school grades aren’t as good as he thinks they should be. He scolds his son although he knows it’s the teacher’s fault.

Fathers grow old faster than other people.

And while mothers can cry where it shows, fathers stand there and beam outside–and die inside. Fathers have very stout hearts, so they have to be broken sometimes or no one would know what is inside. Fathers give daughters away to other men who aren’t nearly good enough so they can have grandchildren who are smarter than anybody’s. Fathers fight dragons almost daily. They hurry away from the breakfast table, off to the arena which is sometimes called an office or a workshop…where they tackle the dragon with three heads: Weariness, Work and Monotony.

Knights in shining armor.

Fathers make bets with insurance companies about who will live the longest. Though they know the odds, they keep right on betting. Even as the odds get higher and higher, they keep right on betting more and more.

And one day they lose.

But fathers enjoy an earthly immortality and the bet is paid off to the part of him he leaves behind.

I don’t know where fathers go when they die. But I have an idea that after a good rest, he won’t be happy unless there is work to do. He won’t just sit on a cloud and wait for the girl he’s loved and the children she bore. He’ll be busy there, too…oiling the gates, smoothing the way.

Thanks!

I was thinking about it....I appreciate the sentiment of a day to honor what I (we) do as a Dad. But I'm a damn great father 365 days a year. I really don't need a special day when on any given day I elicit huge grins or squeals of delight, or even the "Dad, I really love you."

I appreciate it...but when you deserve the recognition, Father's day is every day.
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Thread Information