Thread: Green light for a crackdown

Green light for a crackdown

OBAMA'S SILENCE FAVORS THE MULLAHS
    http://www.nypost.com/seven/06182009...811.htm?page=0

SILENCE is complicity. Our president's refusal to take a forthright moral stand on the side of the Iranian freedom marchers is read in Tehran as a blank check for the current regime.

The fundamentalist junta has begun arresting opposition figures, with regime mouthpieces raising the prospect of the death penalty. Inevitably, there are claims that dissidents have been "hoarding weapons and explosives."

Foreign media reps are under house arrest. Cellphone frequencies are jammed. Students are killed and the killings disavowed.

And our president is "troubled," but doesn't believe we should "meddle" in Iran's internal affairs. (Meddling in Israel's domestic affairs is just fine, though.)

We just turned our backs on freedom.

Again.

Of all our foreign-policy failures in my lifetime, our current shunning of those demanding free elections and expanded civil rights in Iran reminds me most of Hungary in 1956.

For years, we encouraged the Hungarians to rise up against oppression. When they did, we watched from the sidelines as Russian tanks drove over them.

For decades, Washington policymakers from both parties have prodded Iranians to throw off their shackles. Last Friday, millions of Iranians stood up. And we're standing down.

Guess this is what Sheriff Joe Biden warned us about when he told us to "gird our loins"

You think this is bad? Their intel out their that NK is moving ship into position of HI to attack over 4th of july!
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

When one has no morals, one cannot take a moral stand.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    You think this is bad? Their intel out their that NK is moving ship into position of HI to attack over 4th of july!

I dont know why we cant just make that ship disapear.. Drop a REALLY big bomb on it, and blow it up, and then when NK questions what happened to their ship, play stupid.

Problem solved.
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Thread Information