Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it me or do cell phones.....

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Is it me or do cell phones.....

is it me or are cell phones really bad?

Lately most people who call with a cell are barely understandable. Either you can just about hear them or they fade in and out....

I acutally now tell people who call for tech support from the cell to call back on a land line phone.

They're just a vanity item in many cases, which explains the market for fake cell phones. http://www.halfbakery.com/idea/fake_...0_26_20beepers

Thumbs up

The trend to smaller phones is creating poor sound quality. With a smaller form factor, the companies are making compromises on the internal technology. If you want a slim cameraphone, well, the quality is gonna suck. There's only so much room for materials inside the case.

The Motorla RAZR phones are the exception to this rule...

I have learned the hard way that if you have Sprint PCS you should only buy Sanyos.

Everyone always told me that. I used to have a Samsung with questionable call quality, then I got a Sanyo and calls were very clear most of the time. That phone was was destroyed (oops) and I replaced it with a Samsung (cuz it looked kewl)... now I have muffled-crappy calls again.

oh how we suffer to be cool.

But I don't agree they're just vanity items. I'm on the road often and payphones are becoming a rarity.

People still are constantly talking on cells while driving (erratically). A short while back, a woman in a van going the opposite way, made a turn, crossing my lane cutting me right off, and I almost nailed her in the passenger door, where her kid was sitting. The cell phone law is a joke!

[edited: We don't need a picture of someone giving the finger]

My Sprint LG is great.

Originally posted by speaker
    My Sprint LG is great.
    DAMMIT. I almost got an LG but didn't because of bad reviews about build quality.

Next time.

Unregistered
    I have Sprint PCS ... Sanyo. It works pretty good.

It's not the best when I'm in my house though.

I have a Treo 600 from Verizon, best purchase I ever made. The call reception is great but, unless you use the headset with the phone, your calls sound muffled.

I have a Treo650 on Sprint. Best purchase I've ever made.

Your cell phone reception depends on the quality of your phone and your proximity to a tower. My house is close to a Sprint tower so I can use my phone anywhere in my house. People always complain that Verizon/Sprint/T-Mobile/etc. suck. Well if you're going to use your phone primarily in areas with spotty coverage, you're going to get poor results. Duh.

There are only two places I don't get good reception: Top's and my house.

The Top's thing I can live with; the house thing is very annoying. I have to stand near the window and hope for the best.

Unregistered
    Originally posted by SolarEclipse
    People always complain that Verizon/Sprint/T-Mobile/etc. suck. Well if you're going to use your phone primarily in areas with spotty coverage, you're going to get poor results. Duh.
    lol ... like on Rte 17 in Central NY. (Hancock)

Thats where the car likes to break down, and of course, there's not a cell tower around when ya need one

I've become too reliant on my cell phone. I'm not one of those people who carry it around and is on it all the time, but I've developed a nasty habit of driving out to the middle of nowhere thinking that I will still be able to use my cell for directions and such...
    Remain calm!! But run for your lives if necessary!

Unhappy

Originally posted by SolarEclipse
    I have a Treo650 on Sprint. Best purchase I've ever made.
    I bought my 600 and two months later, the 650 came out.

I didn't perform due diligence on the features of the new 650...if I had, I would have waited and purchased the bluetooth enabled 650. Live and learn.

Originally posted by therising
    There are only two places I don't get good reception: Top's and my house.

The Top's thing I can live with; the house thing is very annoying. I have to stand near the window and hope for the best.
    Hmmm... Every time I go to Top's I'm always on aisle over from some lady who's having a loud, graphic fight with her ex husband on her cell phone.
    I'm just here to make people laugh. And to confuse people. Oh, and to irritate people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information