Thread: prom accident

prom accident

so today I go to pick up my kids from school, one of my friends over in East Amherst asks me if I heard about the accident over on or by Quail Hollow where a kid after prom goes crashing up on someones lawn right into the living room? Hmmmm, I said it didnt make the news did it - she said, "Nope".

OK - obviously if the kid was going to the prom and driving we can assume he was at least 16, now how does this not make the papers? interesting...
    Colleen
    Realtor

Visit My Website

Probably like the dozens of other auto accidents that happen every week that you never heard about because you don't know the neighbors living near them. Not every auto accident deserves an episode of Nightline!!!

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Probably like the dozens of other auto accidents that happen every week that you never heard about because you don't know the neighbors living near them. Not every auto accident deserves an episode of Nightline!!!
    yeah, well you are so correct, but when it comes to a prom and a car ending up in a living room, well most likely that would make some type of news, especially since it happened in that particular school district.

This doesnt sound like a fender bender to me, does it to you?

And no ones talking the drama of nightline here ......
    Colleen
    Realtor

Visit My Website

According to the "Bee" today, it was a Williamsville East senior who was charged with DWI (& maybe two additional counts), approx. $80,000-90,000 in damage to the home, let alone the SUV that looks like a new Cadillac.

So, lets recap, senior at a p[rominant school in the 'williamsville district' decides, on his prom to get utterly wasted, take Mom and dads new Escalade that cost $60,000 and go on a joy ride.

Chances are, mommy and daddy are laweyers, which is why it didnt make the news.

Gotta keep the 'good image' going... after all think of the bad publicity, first one kid beats another to the point he needs plastic surgery in a lunch room at south, then, a senior from East, drives thruogh a house drunk...
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

In the kids defense (nope I dont know them) kids do really really stupid and dumb things ........... thankfully he is ok and so are the people in the home he hit.

BUT - Id be damned if my kid is taking my car like that to a prom -

I wonder if mom and dad were sleeping soundly or waiting up?

kids do really stupid things ......... this could have ended much more tragically.
    Colleen
    Realtor

Visit My Website

Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post
    So, lets recap, senior at a p[rominant school in the 'williamsville district' decides, on his prom to get utterly wasted, take Mom and dads new Escalade that cost $60,000 and go on a joy ride.

Chances are, mommy and daddy are laweyers, which is why it didnt make the news.

Gotta keep the 'good image' going... after all think of the bad publicity, first one kid beats another to the point he needs plastic surgery in a lunch room at south, then, a senior from East, drives thruogh a house drunk...
    Please present every bit of evidence you have re: the career choices of the parents of this kid and your proof for how this prevented it from making the news. Apparently, there were no injuries or deaths, making it just one of dozens of unremarkable auto accidents that happen in this county every week. If you actually know something different then state it outright...but wait, it's more fun to cast innuendo because the family drives an expensive Caddy and the kid goes to school in Williamsville. Now it all makes sense!

Quote Originally Posted by CAugust View Post
    yeah, well you are so correct, but when it comes to a prom and a car ending up in a living room, well most likely that would make some type of news, especially since it happened in that particular school district.

This doesnt sound like a fender bender to me, does it to you?

And no ones talking the drama of nightline here ......
    The story made the Bee which is where it belongs ( if there!). Does this satisfy your thirst for drama or do we need a reality tv show? It's an auto accident without injuries or deaths, nothing more and nothing less. Perhaps masked riders to terrorize the driver and his family?

Thread Information