Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DEMS in Glass Houses.

According to Vogue "b-b-b-but Aaron Burr..." is the new "b-b-b-but Clinton..."

Treachery made a monster out of me

Well, just off the top of my head (no Googling here) ...

Who was the only Vice President of the US who was forced to resign because he took kick backs while Gov of Maryland?

If you answered Republican Spiro Agnew, you get a kewpie doll!!!

Who was the Republican VP candidate whose political career almost crashed and burned in 1952 because of a scandal over a slush fund he used? Hint: he later became the only POTUS to resign from office.

If you answered Richard Nixon, you get a plaster-of-paris Buddha statue!

Who was the Republican segregationist who fathered an illegimate biracial daughter whom he never acknowledged?
    Hint: Trent Lott lost his job as Majority Leader of the US Senate for praising him.

If you answered Strom Thurmond, you get an large papier-mache pinata full of jelly beans!

Who was the Republican majority leader in the US House of Representatives who lost his job because of violations of the ethics rules involving money he received for book "deals" and teaching "deals"?

If you answered Newt Gingrich, you get an extra large stuffed animal that your children can fight over!

Who was the Republican House leader before he was indicted for illegal campaign contributions and other shenanigans down in Texas???

If you answered Tom DeLay, you get two free tickets to his trial down in the Lone Star State !!!

So, Levy, do you want to continue your silliness? There are plenty of dishonest politicians to go around. The problem for Republicans is that they wrapped themselves in the mantra of morality for years.

Remember how outraged the GOP was that Clinton got a bj in the Oval Office and lied about it? Well, the Republicans' lies and dishonesty are likely coming around to bite them in their collective arses.
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

Originally posted by Linda_D
    Remember how outraged the GOP was that Clinton got a bj in the Oval Office and lied about it? Well, the Republicans' lies and dishonesty are likely coming around to bite them in their collective arses.
    Oh my...... Linda_D said BJ ***giggling in my best school boy voice***

Seriously though Lhardy, I don't here dem politicians making the moral judgments I'm hearing from the guy on the street and Linda's point is well made, the republican party is the one that wraps itself in the mantle of morality not the other way around. The dem shtick has always been "we are for the little guy" The repubs have always played the mom, god and apple pie card.
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

So you both ignore the fact that it is the Dem party now wrapping itself in the same cloth? That is my point. Not that there aren't bad Republicans. It is that the Dems do not hold high ground in this issue and to attempt a public image of one is false.
    You are making my point for me. I say dems in glass houses and you throw stones.
    Thank you for proving me right.

Originally posted by mikewrona
    We will see what happens in the mid-terms.

I am wondering if the world as a whole is not in some type of political transition mode where there will be a temporary breakdown of order..
    That is a great thought and one that I have pondered for the last 20 years. Governance is slow to act. It may yet be another 20 years before we find the answer to that question.

Originally posted by LHardy
    So you both ignore the fact that it is the Dem party now wrapping itself in the same cloth?
    I said I so no instances of this. Like I said, most of the stuff I am seeing with people being disgusted with what's going on has been coming from the editorial section IE Joe blow on the street, not from a dem politicians press release
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

So you both ignore the fact that it is the Dem party now wrapping itself in the same cloth? That is my point. Not that there aren't bad Republicans. It is that the Dems do not hold high ground in this issue and to attempt a public image of one is false.
    You are making my point for me. I say dems in glass houses and you throw stones.
    Thank you for proving me right.
    Where are the Democrats parading around spouting "family values"? Where are they setting themselves up as the party that supports "morality"? What happened to the "Contract with America", Levi, including term limits?

What happened to GW Bush's high principles? On the issue of invading Iraq, either Bush is a stupid puppet dancing to Cheney's tune or he's a willing conspirator in manufacturing excuses to attack Iraq. What about the issue of torturing prisoners? What about this entire mess about leaking the name of a CIA operative to the press? It seems somebody hire up than Scooter Libby (who's pretty high up as it is) okayed -- and then lied and stonewalled. Sorry, but this kind of bull manure makes the Clinton lies look pretty inconsequential when the Administration's machinations put Americans' lives in harm's way half way around the world!

The Democrats know very well that they're only holding the high ground because the Republicans are sinking in a sea of corruption, scandal, and coverups, so they're NOT claiming to be the party of morality, but they are pointing out the Republicans "sins". There's a big difference between the two.
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

I'm sorry but you guys' must have missed the Howard Dean DNC memo. Use the "Culture of Corruption" angle to win back Washington.
    Howard and gang have been on a kick with this for over a year. Using air time to expose some corruption and accuse of others with no evidence. It is the new Dem mantra.
    The Republican party has used the values angle for its platform. Some Republicans can not live up to it and they will be gone.
    If the Dems are going to shout from the highest mountain that the Republican party is nothing but a "Culture of Corruption". The public must then assume if the Dems are pointing fingers at the Republicans for such dreadful things. Then the Dems must be above those corruptive things the Republicans are doing. It only stands to reason.

Linda your theory doesn't hold water. For if the dems are not trying to take the high ground what is the point?
    To say to the public. See we the dem party never made any glorious claims. We are as incompetent as you thought. We the dem party do not claim to be better? We just don't make claims we can't live up to?

Bad strategy.

You are whistling into the wind, Hardy.

Just for you who think it is only old dems with a corruption problem.
    Oh and Linda. It is a good thing dems don't claim a moral high ground after reviewing some of the things these dems have gone to prison for.
    We must remeber - Whats good for the goose...

Marion Barry - Democrat - mayor of Washington, D.C., from 1979 to 1991 and again from 1995 to 1999. Convicted of cocaine possession after being caught on videotape smoking crack cocaine. Sentenced to six months in prison.

Sandy Berger - Democrat - National Security Advisor during the Clinton Administration. On September 8, 2005, Berger was sentenced to two years probation, 100 hours of community service, and a fine of $50,000 for unlawfully stuffing classified documents from the National Archives into his pants and intentionally destroying some of them.

DNC - The Federal Election Commission imposed $719,000 in fines against participants in the 1996 Democratic Party fund raising scandals involving contributions from China, Korea and other foreign sources. The Federal Election Commission said it decided to drop cases against contributors of more than $3 million in illegal DNC contributions because the respondents left the country or the corporations are defunct.

Barney Frank - Democrat - U.S. Representative from Massachusetts from 1981 to present. Admitted to having paid Stephen L. Gobie, a male prostitute, for sex and subsequently hiring Gobie as his personal assistant. Gobie used the congressman's Washington apartment for prostitution. A move to expel Frank from the House of Representatives failed and a motion to censure him failed.

Hazel O'Leary - Democrat - Secretary of Energy during the Clinton Administration - O'Leary took trips all over the world as Secretary with as many 50 staff members and at times, rented a plane, which was used by Madonna during her concert tours.

Daniel David Rostenkowski - Democrat - U.S. Representative from Illinois from 1959 to 1995. Indicted on 17 felony charges- pleaded guilty to two counts of misuse of public funds and sentenced to seventeen months in federal prison.

Lena Swanson - Democrat - Member of Washington State Senate in 1997. Pleaded guilty to charges of soliciting unlawful payments from veterans and former prisoners of war.

Why do you Rebublicans use up so much time and energy looking for nitty gritty and then think that we, your opposition, think like you? I can never figure that one out. Why do you do that?
    You are so busy splitting puritanical hairs that you don't see the big picture. Your guy lit the fire under the terrorists, leading to thousands of deaths and thousands of injuries, your party is responsible for aggressions which could lead to a world catastrophe.
    We are discussing NOW. What are you going to do to STOP this?

B-b-b-but Hazel O'Leary rented the same plane Madonna used once!

Look, I give LHardy a lot of grief and this thread is a great example of why. He's too busy posting outright lies (see my signature) and insulting anyone who doesn't share his view to see the real damage being done to our nation by the people he helped vote into office. His "it's ok when my guy does it" attitude is what makes our leaders think they can get away with corruption, and thanks to folks like LHardy, sadly, they're often right.

And nobody is saying Democrats are immune to corruption, that's for damn sure. But come on... Aaron Burr?

Treachery made a monster out of me

I'm sorry but you guys' must have missed the Howard Dean DNC memo.
    I would have missed that memo, as I have said many times before I'm not a registered democrat. I find both major parties distasteful. Although I must admit since Bush has been elected I am a lot less pleased with the repubs

Howard and gang have been on a kick with this for over a year. Using air time to expose some corruption and accuse of others with no evidence.
    Accuse others with no evidence? When did this happen? A "for instance" please.

Seems to me the republicans have gotten a pass on the "morals" thing for way to long. Afterall his daughters where aressted (or should have been) twice since he has been in office for trying to use fake ID to drink! If that would have been Clintons kid we would have heard about it over and over again for months.

My somewhat newest favorite poster boy:

Randy "Duke" Cunningham

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information