Thread: Alan Bedenko opinion on the Congressional election season

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Alan Bedenko opinion on the Congressional election season

Congressional Races of 2014

It’s shaping up to be an interesting Congressional election season.
    http://blogs.artvoice.com/avdaily/20...races-of-2014/

Republican incumbent Chris Collins will likely cruise to re-election in the sprawling 27th. He has name recognition, bases his every word and deed on Obama-hatred, and a bottomless pit of money with which to purchase perpetual re-election.
    In the 26th, incumbent Democrat Brian Higgins is likely to coast to re-election, as well. This is especially true thanks to the fact that his opponent is not only going to be a tea partier, but is – quite literally – a low-information WBEN caller.

Perpetual re-election. Wouldn't that describe Brian Higgins?

And for the most part hasn't Brian Higgins catered to the low-information voter most of his career? Well I should say... For the most part doesn't the Erie County Democratic Party cater to the low information voter? You have to give that group some credit. They do know how to market to that group.

Here is a way to word it..

Democratic incumbent Brian Higgins will likely cruise to re-election in the 26th. He has name recognition, bases his every word and deed on Obama-love, and a bottomless pit of money with which to purchase perpetual re-election.

Am I wrong with that comment?

Alan

and anyone reporting on her should be sure to have Snopes queued up on their mobile browsers.
    Well the smart informed voter should have Snopes queued up on their mobile because in the past we have seen how political parties can't keep their stories straight when campaigning.

I have loads of campaign material to demonstrate that fact.

Alan

Seriously – there will be no point covering her campaign if you’re not able immediately to vet her pronouncements and cross-examine her on the inevitable fabrications and fantasies she’ll discuss. After all, she has a list of known communists, doesn’t seem to be ready or willing to represent Muslim residents of the 26th (hint: it’s the primitive blood lust), has declared “white guilt” to be “dead”, warned against a hyperinflation that never came, and – like Ronald Reagan – opposes Medicare.
    Why wouldn't she represent Muslims. What special needs do they have that she wouldn't address?

What does he mean "white guilt"?

Maybe we don't have hyperinflation but we do have inflation and the value of our dollar is less each passing year it seems.

What would you expect from a one sided, pin head, partisan hack?

Why no mention of Louise Slaughter? 28 years in the goddamn congress... GIVE IT UP ALREADY!
    Last edited by NY The Vampire State; March 7th, 2014 at 10:48 AM.
    Democrats & Republicans Suck Alike.

46277241.jpg

Too funny. Dems never 'buy' elections with funds from Unions but Republicans do.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    46277241.jpg

Too funny. Dems never 'buy' elections with funds from Unions but Republicans do.
    I don't get it, what 'ya trying to say here?
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I wonder if Alan will ever respond. I mean if you eant to talk about perpetual re-election wouldn't people like Brian and other democrats be the poster kids for his comment?

bottomless pit of money with which to purchase perpetual re-election.

At least Collins uses HIS OWN money for re-election. Higgins uses OUR money!!

Quote Originally Posted by LAsurvivor View Post
    At least Collins uses HIS OWN money for re-election. Higgins uses OUR money!!
    I am not sure you understand what you are talking about.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    LA,

I think you are wrong. The democrats have a substantial fund raising network in place. Gotta give them credit. They are good at that. Brian might pander over the years to people hoping to gain votes as most democrats do spending our tax money but come election time I'm pretty sure it is political donations to run the campaign. Isn't that how it works thedude?

I understand just fine. I was being sarcastic about the way pols (esp Dems) use our own money to buy our votes. Higgins' protegee Kennedy has had a press release EVERY WEEK since his opponent announced promising money to key areas in his district.

Cuomo uses our money to campaign. Just look at those adds on TV for Tax Free NY and all the other ones. They spent over 100 million in advertising this year. (Its March). All to boast about the glory of Andy Cuomo. We are getting ripped off. 100 million could really be used to fix the ***** roads around here. What good are adds telling me to visit NY. I live the nightmare everyday. Its just another way to get Cuomos name out there and gather votes.
    Democrats & Republicans Suck Alike.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by NY The Vampire State View Post
    Cuomo uses our money to campaign. Just look at those adds on TV for Tax Free NY and all the other ones. They spent over 100 million in advertising this year. (Its March). All to boast about the glory of Andy Cuomo. We are getting ripped off. 100 million could really be used to fix the ***** roads around here. What good are adds telling me to visit NY. I live the nightmare everyday. Its just another way to get Cuomos name out there and gather votes.
    Good point. 100000000 could fix a few miles of roads.

Thread Information