Thread: Taxpayers funded birthday cards and Sympathy Cards

Taxpayers funded birthday cards and Sympathy Cards

The wife of a friend of mine received a birthday card from Senator Antoine Thompson recently. Could it be he received this info from the board of election voter registration?

I also know for a fact that he has a full time staff member scouring the obituaries for the purpose of sending out sympathy cards.

Shouldn't this be an expenditure out of his campaign funds since the underline reason is to influence votes?
    Kiss someone that's different. It helps.
    Lets get the facts first, then go for the jugular!!
    It's all transparent, just read between the lines..

I also know for a fact that he has a full time staff member scouring the obituaries for the purpose of sending out sympathy cards.
    A congratulations card for finally escaping NY taxes would be more appropriate.
    Most of all I like bulldozers and dirt

Quote Originally Posted by PickOranges View Post
    The wife of a friend of mine received a birthday card from Senator Antoine Thompson recently. Could it be he received this info from the board of election voter registration?

Shouldn't this be an expenditure out of his campaign funds since the underline reason is to influence votes?
    I have absoutely no problem with either one of these.

Somehow or other, I was on Eliot Spitzer's Christmas card list. I used to like getting them - they had a picture of him and his family on the cover every year.

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post

Somehow or other, I was on Eliot Spitzer's Christmas card list. I used to like getting them - they had a picture of him and his family on the cover every year.
    I think you left that WIDE open for discussion...

Quote Originally Posted by PickOranges View Post

I love hearing about some politicain taking a dirt nap,one less pension to pay. In fact I added a 6 ft extension to my flag pole for such celebrations.

So then do you have a problem with Ranzenhofer (sp) using funding to send out letter telling them how dangerous this budget the DEM's passed was?
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    So then do you have a problem with Ranzenhofer (sp) using funding to send out letter telling them how dangerous this budget the DEM's passed was?
    You're comparing apples and oranges.

The Ranzenhofer mailing, if it's really as reported on this MB, is despicable. And, they should not be able to use their mailing privileges for campaign propaganda.

But, sending out a birthday card, or a condolence card upon a constituent's passing - I see nothing wrong with that. I think anyone can get a birthday card from the White House - all you have to do is request it. And, NO, that is not an Obama thing.

Maybe if they didn't send so many cards they wouldn't need so many assistants.

Birthdays, deaths, weddings, etc are not political events. In some cases it reduces the gravity of the event when a knucklehead politician sends a thank you card for something that was intended to be personal.

Quote Originally Posted by nickelcityhomes View Post
    Maybe if they didn't send so many cards they wouldn't need so many assistants.
    If you can prove to me, that they're sending out an extraordinary number of cards, then I'll agree with you.

But I'm willing to bet that, like me, you don't have the foggiest idea of how many cards get sent out.

Therefore, your statement is complete nonsense.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    If you can prove to me, that they're sending out an extraordinary number of cards, then I'll agree with you.

But I'm willing to bet that, like me, you don't have the foggiest idea of how many cards get sent out.

Lets say it's 5000 birthday cards

or how many people pass away everyday in a district for a sympathy card...

Nope, I don't have an exact count that would render my statement complete nonsense, but I do have a fist-full that could be extropolated to an estimated number.

The guy who does the recycling at my local drop-off spot tells me they aren't worth the paper they are printed on. Resale value is less than 1/100th of one cent.

People keep telling me I need to be more environmentally sensitive, but I have a hard time with that when our "leaders" are more wasteful than I could ever dream of being.

That is not the point. Why use a full time staff member to sent out cards period when they should be using the money to help create jobs in WNY for all or eliminate the job to reduce the deficit.

If you want to get votes, USE your campaign funds not my money.

I think the Mayor Brown started doing it now.. Sending out Birthday cards.

My friend just got one.. The funny thing is he hates the Mayor..

Again.. I hope it is coming out from his campaign chest and not a paid taxpaid staffer

Thread Information