Thread: Cuomo on Double Dipping

Cuomo on Double Dipping

http://www.ag.ny.gov/media_center/20...mar18a_10.html
    In a separate ongoing investigation, Attorney General Cuomo uncovered abuses by independent contractors throughout the state who defrauded the pension system by holding themselves out as public employees entitled to pension benefits, resulting in the return of over $1.9 million to taxpayers through actions involving the conduct of more than 70 attorneys and other professionals. As a permanent fix, the Attorney General spearheaded legislative reform to curb pension fraud and rein in double-dipping. Another investigation explored abuses of federal disability benefits by Long Island Rail Road retirees.
    http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/new_yor...-double-dipper
    Andrew Cuomo's running mate is drawing a police pension and a mayor's salary. It's a practice called "double dipping" that Cuomo has campaigned against.

Cuomo will claim that his running mate is "legally" ripping off the taxpayers.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Politicians take care of their own. Your taking about the Mayor of Rochester.. What about Sheila Kee and thousands of others.

I remember they passed a special law yrs ago for Tom Reynolds in the County Legislature so he would qualify for his NYS pension.

They are all blood suckers.
    Kiss someone that's different. It helps.
    Lets get the facts first, then go for the jugular!!
    It's all transparent, just read between the lines..

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    I'm a little fuzzy on the ins and outs of double dipping, but he could technically be correct. Duffy was drawing his pension when he was elected mayor, which really isn't the same as if he were drawing a pension and then appointed to another publicly funded position. Does that make a difference? I dunno. It doesn't look like Duffy padded salary to get a higher pension. $70k for a chief of police doesn't seem as out of place as some patrol officers' pensions.
    In any case, it seems Cuomo has been trying very hard to keep his nose clean. His list of contributions doesn't read like a who's who of Unions (although it is certainly heavy with health/insurance/real estate money). And he has said relatively little in public where he could trip over his own two feet. So it just seemed a bit odd to me that he chose someone that could cause any kind of controversy.

I was killing time while babysitting the BBQ today and read an article about Andrew Cuomo and Sandra Lee in the News. The article mentioned that both are divorced. I knew that Mario Junior was married to a Kennedy. I ran a search on Sandra Lee and found that she was married from 2000 to 2005 to a guy named Bruce Karatz. Here's that latest on Sandra's ex. I thought it is interesting that he was just convicted of the same type of thing Mario Junior is grandstanding about.

"KB Home’s Bruce Karatz Guilty in Backdating Trial

Jurors in federal court in Los Angeles today found Karatz guilty of two counts of mail fraud and two counts of making a false statement.

Karatz faces as long as 80 years in prison on the four counts for which he’s been convicted, Thom Mrozek, a spokesman for U.S. Attorney Andre Birotte Jr., said in a statement.
    from 1999 to 2005."
    Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. Ronald Reagan

For some reason it didn't post everything I copied.......let's try again

KB Home’s Bruce Karatz Guilty in Backdating Trial

Jurors in federal court in Los Angeles today found Karatz guilty of two counts of mail fraud and two counts of making a false statement.
    Karatz faces as long as 80 years in prison on the four counts for which he’s been convicted, Thom Mrozek, a spokesman for U.S. Attorney Andre Birotte Jr., said in a statement.
    Karatz, 64, was accused of unauthorized and undisclosed backdating of stock options that brought him $6.62 million in compensation he wasn’t entitled to from 1999 to 2005.
    Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. Ronald Reagan

Cuomo is just doing this stuff to get elected then when he gets in office he won't even remember doing this. Wake up people. His dad is the reason why our state is the way it is the master at fiscal gimmicks!!! Why would you want Prince Andrew just more of the same BS.

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    Cuomo is just doing this stuff to get elected then when he gets in office he won't even remember doing this. Wake up people. His dad is the reason why our state is the way it is the master at fiscal gimmicks!!! Why would you want Prince Andrew just more of the same BS.
    Ya know....if I was running for governor.....I don't think I'd be dating a criminal's ex wife.....of course......at least she isn't a prostitute.

Cuomo

I would not vote for Cuomo to begin with.Now he's ok with building a mosque near ground zero.How low can he go to insult families of the folks killed on 9/11. We are losing our freedom and the only solution is a revolution.GOD BLESS AMERICA

I see that Mario Junior came all the way to Buffalo today to announce that "pension padding is bad!".

Wow, I am sooooo happy he did that. I would've never guessed that pension padding costs money! It's delightful that he would take time from his busy schedule to deliver this important information to all us half breed hillbillies in WNY.

We can only hope that his GPS guides him safely back to the sophistication and civilization of Manhattan.

Thread Information