Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Protesting NYS SAFE Act

Protesting NYS SAFE Act

Has anyone carried concealed at SAFE Act protest rally in New York State?

If so, then you know how important it is to preserve our right to posses firearms.

Our brothers in Alabama need our help.

Under Alabama law it is illegal to carry a firearm at a demonstration of any sort.

So if a group of our brothers in arms gathered in Alabama to protest the NYS Safe Act, they wouldn't be able to carry their firearms.

Now that's some real irony:

Title 13A CRIMINAL CODE

Chapter 11 OFFENSES AGAINST PUBLIC ORDER AND SAFETY

Article 3 Offenses Relating to Firearms and Weapons.

Possession of firearms by persons participating in, attending, etc., demonstrations at public places.

(a) For the purposes of this section, the following words and phrases shall have the meanings respectively ascribed to them in this subsection, except in those instances where the context clearly indicates a different meaning:

(1) DEMONSTRATION. Demonstrating, picketing, speechmaking or marching, holding of vigils and all other like forms of conduct which involve the communication or expression of views or grievances engaged in by one or more persons, the conduct of which has the effect, intent or propensity to draw a crowd or onlookers. Such term shall not include casual use of property by visitors or tourists which does not have an intent or propensity to attract a crowd or onlookers.

(2) FIREARM. Any pistol, rifle, shotgun or firearm of any kind, whether loaded or not.

(4) PUBLIC PLACE. Any place to which the general public has access and a right to resort for business, entertainment or other lawful purpose, but does not necessarily mean a place devoted solely to the uses of the public. Such term shall include the front or immediate area or parking lot of any store, shop, restaurant, tavern, shopping center or other place of business. Such term shall also include any public building, the grounds of any public building, or within the curtilage of any public building, or in any public parking lot, public street, right-of-way, sidewalk right-of-way, or within any public park or other public grounds.

(b) It shall be unlawful for any person, other than a law enforcement officer, to have in his or her possession or on his or her person or in any vehicle any firearm while participating in or attending any demonstration being held at a public place.

(c) It shall be unlawful for any person, other than a law enforcement officer as defined in subsection (a) of this section, to have in his or her possession or about his or her person or in any vehicle at a point within 1,000 feet of a demonstration at a public place

Of Course! Only the govt is allowed to be armed.
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Why would people in Alabama protest the SAFE act? Im sure they have enough to worry about.
    Democrats & Republicans Suck Alike.

Quote Originally Posted by NY The Vampire State View Post
    Why would people in Alabama protest the SAFE act? Im sure they have enough to worry about.
    Good question.

But this patriot from Alabama thought it was necessary to send an "open letter" protesting CT laws, and one of his followers suggested they do the same with regard to NYS. Which is all well and good as long as those "irregulars" from Alabama don't gather for a demonstration against CT and NYS laws with their firearms in their home state of Alabama.

Perhaps they should be writing those open letters to the Alabama governor and legislators

Sipsey Street Irregulars An Open Letter to Michael Lawlor, the CT Governor's Hatchet Man on Firearms Confiscation

Alabama the state or Alabama ny?

And Remington is going to open a new plant in Alabama.

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2014/02/...acturer_r.html

Georgia L Schlager

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    And Remington is going to open a new plant in Alabama.

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2014/02/...acturer_r.html
    That plant could have been built here using green hydro power, provide jobs for people in our community and pull wealth into our community.

But ny is anti gun, remember, guns kill more people every year than all other means!

Want all pistol permit holders know that if you have a carry all be careful if you want to update something on it like your address.I took my carry all to buffalo office to update my address and when they handed me back my permit they changed it to a hunting and target only. I said I had a carry all, was told all carry all permits issued by Justice Penny Wolfgame were invalid. Said she did not have the authority to issue carry all pistol permits. I was told I could start the process all over to get a carry all.I was pissed but they could care the least.I contacted Justice Wolfgang with no reply from her. So be careful when you take in your carry all for any reason.A bureaucrat over ruled a judge.

Quote Originally Posted by twain View Post
    Want all pistol permit holders know that if you have a carry all be careful if you want to update something on it like your address.I took my carry all to buffalo office to update my address and when they handed me back my permit they changed it to a hunting and target only. I said I had a carry all, was told all carry all permits issued by Justice Penny Wolfgame were invalid. Said she did not have the authority to issue carry all pistol permits. I was told I could start the process all over to get a carry all.I was pissed but they could care the least.I contacted Justice Wolfgang with no reply from her. So be careful when you take in your carry all for any reason.A bureaucrat over ruled a judge.
    If these permits are invalid, shouldn't the pistol permit bureau notify the permit holders and revoke their licenses? If a permit holder has a Wolfgang approved permit are they illegally carrying and potentailly open to arrest for doing so? Looks like bureaucracy strikes again.

Yep Cheekman called this out back in August 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    very very important stuff to pistol permit holders with the judge penny wolfgang sig on your permit. back in the mid 1980's you could have your restrictions taken off your PP when this judge was running the PP dept. that all you had to go downtown and you could of had this done. Paper permit were issued at this time.
    Now if you have this permit and go down and have guns added to your permit or want the new style permit your restrictions will be put back on your new permit. this is BS!!!
    more and more PP owners are complaining about this, heard this from different people when shooting last weekend. EC is looking at the PW permits as not legal so they are changing this when you go down to the PP dept. I really don't rember this to much I had a PPP from the start. I do remember when judge John rogowski (red nose) took over the pp dept he was not happy with wolfgangs move prior to him. so if you have the that permit watch out... you will have to go through the process of having the restriction taken back off and this is about a 6 month wait.
    What is the actual reason for them to make her permits and only hers invalid? I dont see anything in the news written about this.
    Democrats & Republicans Suck Alike.

"Do as I say, not as I dooooooooooo" Criminal government filth.

Aide to Cuomo got waiver after violating state gun law

An aide to New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo received a waiver to carry a concealed firearm after having regularly violated state law banning guns from public buildings since being appointed more than two years ago.

http://www.examiner.com/article/aide...-state-gun-law

Safe Act Forum

SAFE Act Forum Draws Capacity Crowd; CLICK HERE FOR FULL ARTICLE.

State Senator James Seward addresses the capacity crowd which gathered at the Delhi American Legion on Saturday for a forum on the controversial New York State Secure Ammunition and Firearms Protection (SAFE) Act.

DELHI - Cars were lined up around the block and the meeting hall at the Delhi American Legion was standing room only as more than 300 residents, members of law enforcement, federal, state and local legislators took part in a forum on the controversial NY SAFE Act on Saturday.

Several keynote speakers took to the podium and delivered what they hoped would be a strong message to Albany, they are not done fighting what they call an unfair, ineffective and unconstitutional law.

The gathering was organized by the DelCo Patriots, the Delaware County chapter of New York Revolution, a grassroots organization with the stated mission of informing Americans about the reality of their civil liberties and restoring the initial purpose of the Constitution of the United States.

Drawing participants from across the state, the forum was held just weeks after the one year anniversary of the the New York Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act and was organized as a way to share concerns, information and keep the discussion going regarding what the SAFE Act means for New Yorkers moving forward.

While event organizers said they anticipated between 150 and 250 people, more than 300 people filled seats and lined the aisles on Saturday and DelCo Patriots coordinator George Curbelo, of Stamford, said nearly half of those people chose to do more than listen.

“We had 150 people sign up to receive additional information about future events and political action opportunities,” said Curbelo. “That’s huge and yet it met my expectations wholeheartedly. I think people are starting to realize what is really going on and they are stepping up and becoming more involved.”

Among those who spoke to the assembled crowd was Congressman Chris Gibson who touched on the time-tested strength of the Constitution and the need to fight for the ability to be governed by that document and not the state of New York.

“When we vote, we vote for the rights of everyone,” said Gibson. “We vote for a limited, yet effective government.”
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roman View Post
    If these permits are invalid, shouldn't the pistol permit bureau notify the permit holders and revoke their licenses? If a permit holder has a Wolfgang approved permit are they illegally carrying and potentailly open to arrest for doing so? Looks like bureaucracy strikes again.
    Didn't we go through this years ago? I recall that Erie County was just issuing target permits and lost a court case when it was determined that there was no provision for restricted permits in the CPL.

b.b.

The long permit process, the license restrictions, and many of the provisions of the SAFE act are legit complaints for New Yorkers.

But many other states, particularly in the south, prohibit their concealed carry permitees from carrying in a long list of places not prohibited in NYS, like:

1. churches

2. sporting events (ironically, firearms are prohibited at the NASCAR races sponsored by the NRA because of those restrictions)

3. all government buildings

4. all medical facilities, including doctor's offices, hospitals, and labs

5. at any demonstration, even if on private property, like in Alabama.

6. Restaurants or bars that serve alcohol.

None of those restrictions are in New York Law, and even though local laws can impose restrictions, they can't impose a misdemeanor or felony for violating the local laws.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information