Thread: An Analysis of the 10 year Lease with The Buffalo Bills

An Analysis of the 10 year Lease with The Buffalo Bills

by Pat Freeman

When the county, Bills and the state of New York announced the new ten year lease with the Bills I initially congratulated the negotiated parties on accomplishing the new lease agreement. Especially during the press conference they announced that there could be a new stadium down the road possibly in downtown Buffalo. Unfortunately this stunning revelation had some things attached to it that do not work in the benefit of the western New York tax payer Read More...

www.thebuffalobullet.com

shill

First they would form a committee made up of the county, state and the Buffalo Bills who would begin studying what will be the future of the upgraded Ralph Wilson stadium that is now 44 years old. Yes the county does not want to start this process until 3-4 years from now. This is a critical misstep by the county of Erie because the entire validity of this lease rest on the fact of it being negotiated with the current ownership of the Buffalo Bills headed by 94 year old Ralph Wilson.
    Is it possible that it was the Bills who wanted the delay so as not to tie down the new owners, and thereby impinge the value of the franchise?

The second error in this part of the memorandum of understanding is that it’s apparent that the county executive is discounting the due diligence of the work already done by the Greater Buffalo Sports and Entertainment Complex, and the world respected stadium designers HKS. It seems to me based on his comments that he plans to repeat site study, pick architects, and repeat what the private investment group of the GBSEC has already completed. Thus doubling down on an unnecessary expense that would be paid for by the western New York citizen.
    Perhaps we the people will decide to adopt the work of a private citizen's group, but we can't let private citizens dictate public policy just because they chose to spend their money on a private project. Sure, the work they have done should be considered, but that isn't necessarily the end game.

If that policy makes sense, the people would make it easier on themselves by running with it. Poloncarz purpose is as it always was, to de-legitimize the downtown stadium idea, and buy more time.

Downtown stadium, please..... that is a broken idea and would be a horrible investment - not to mention a nightmare!
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

How about this....

Let the NFL and Ralphy fund their own goddam stadium.

The place is used 6 times a year. What possible economic impact could we the layman taxpayer get out of this.

Sell the place off, but the brainless will do whatever it takes because they dont want to loose their beloved sucky Bills. Ralphy and the NFL know this and will take the government for a spin at the taxpayers expense.The team SUCKS.

Why is government in the football stadium business?

If you look at the Arena, which the city owns, at least that place can fuction to host a multitude of events from hockey, basketball, lacrosse, concerts, rodeos, and even the circus so it can provide a return to it investors (the taxpayer). The Arena is a venue, the Ralph is a money pit for NFL and Ralph's greed.

Its one of the only stadiums i can think of without a corporate sponsor. At least get a freakin name on the front of the place to off set the costs. We dont make squat with Wilsons name all over it.
    Last edited by NY The Vampire State; February 16th, 2014 at 10:23 AM.
    Democrats & Republicans Suck Alike.

No... I hate advertizing..... leave it alone.... haha

I remove almost all ads and even Forum names while I am on the internet, here is what his place looks like for me:

Look how much I clean up Drudge:

The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Thread Information