Thread: DONN ESMONDE Finnaly Says Something I agree With

DONN ESMONDE Finnaly Says Something I agree With

By DONN ESMONDE
    1/27/2006
    The likely demise of Stepping Stone Academy, a long-struggling Buffalo charter school, is further proof that the charter school experiment works. It is all about accountability - the lack of which in traditional public schools fueled the charter school movement.

When a charter school doesn't perform, as Stepping Stone hasn't, it loses its license to teach. If Buffalo's traditional public schools were held to the same perform-or-close standard, a mass of them would have shut over the past decade. In another case, a looming ax led to a turnaround at the once-shaky King Charter School. Accountability works.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...27/1008369.asp
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

I agree with him here

Come on now, there's no call to compare Joel Giambra to an ass regardless of your personal feelings on the state of the world. I think you owe him an apology for that insulting comparison.

If you want, I guess you can apologize to Giambra, too.

Treachery made a monster out of me

I can't stand that guy. He and Jerry Sullivan are full of more smarmy negativity than a pile of negative smarm.
    I don't even read Esmonde anymore. I can't.
    I try not to read Jerry Sullivan but sometimes I get suckered into it. I also hear him on WGR on Mondays. I quickly change the channel.
    With both of these guys, I end up wanting to smack the back of their head (a la Biff in Back to the Future) and call them a bunch of words I wouldn't say in front of my grandmother.

Unregistered
    Originally posted by WestSideJohn
    Come on now, there's no call to compare Joel Giambra to an ass regardless of your personal feelings on the state of the world. I think you owe him an apology for that insulting comparison.

very cleaver

I wasn't sure where you were going with this, but your last statement its fate.

Originally posted by WestSideJohn

Great one!
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

By the way, what happened to biker? I miss the old coot.

Originally posted by Dino330
    I can't stand that guy. He and Jerry Sullivan are full of more smarmy negativity than a pile of negative smarm.
    I don't even read Esmonde anymore. I can't.
    I try not to read Jerry Sullivan but sometimes I get suckered into it. I also hear him on WGR on Mondays. I quickly change the channel.
    With both of these guys, I end up wanting to smack the back of their head (a la Biff in Back to the Future) and call them a bunch of words I wouldn't say in front of my grandmother.

Jerry Sullivan is a jerk. He has nothing positive to say about anything or anybody. I can't read him anymore. He belongs with Giambra's ass.
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

By the way, what happened to biker? I miss the old coot.

Thread Information