Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hamas Wins!

Hamas Wins!

Hamas the stated enemy of Isreal. Wins elections in Palestien by majority.
    Hamas has stated they will not work towards peace with Isreal. In fact it is their mission, along with Iran, to drive Isreal out of the land.
    With this new developement in the middle east, war is most certainly inevitable in Isreal.

Will Iran support Hamas indirectly waging war with Isreal? It is a good bet they will.

Say good-bye to the peace talks and any hope that Palestien will ever be a terrorist free country.

Look for bombs to be dropping soon.

A must read:
    Hamas Covenant 1988

This will bring everyone up to speed with reguard to the future actions by Hamas.

Don't get comfortable. Thinking the wars are near over.
    They are just begining.

Iran must be jumping for joy over this.

I haven't heard anyone explore the concept of the Palestinians being the trailer trash of the Arab world.

All these sheikhs have been willing to fund those tent cities through the 1970s to help their poor Palestinian cousins.

Yeah, to keep them there and out of their county.

The Palestinians got kicked out of Jordan. Then Lebanon. Didn't hear Syria offering to take them in. Saudi Arabia alone could have relocated the entire population anywhere they wanted. Didn't they end up in Tunisia?

Guess there must not be anything like a Tunisian army.
    Truth springs from argument among friends.

And how about this election campaign.

The police were not permitted to take any weapons for anyone till after the elections. Wouldn't want to alienate any voters. Besides, the "militias" have better weapons than the police.

Helps the boys to pull pranks like this. You'll remember that the Israelis pulled out of the Gaza/Egyptian border checkpoints a few weeks back.

A few of the boys stole some construction equipment and opened themselves up a new "crosspoint" into Egypt. Killed a few Egyptian guards in the process.

Did I mention that Egypt never offered to take in their Palestinian cousins after they got kicked out of Jordan and Lebanon?

And a sure sign of further Palestinian chaos: the reappearance of Hanan Ashawri.

Here is something I had almost forgot about.
    In December, Iran and Hamas issued a statement declaring that they represent a "united front" against Israel. Two months earlier, Ahmadinejad urged that Israel be "wiped off the map."
    This is going to give Iran an upper hand in Nuke talks. Not as a negociation tool. Just an "in your back pocket" leverage. They will be free to harrass Isreal. Trying to force Isreal into launching an attack. Giving Hamas a willing reason to march into Isreal lands.

Can you say missle tests?

Condi is going to have her job cut out for her in this case. Keeping Isreal from not launching an attack when provoked, will not be easy.

Originally posted by LHardy
    Keeping Isreal from not launching an attack when provoked, will not be easy.
    Or advisable.

Israel has stated repeatedly that it will not look to anyone else to guarantee its security.

Pinheads here in the US have the luxury of saying "let's take a chance. Let's try and work with Hamas. Maybe they will be reasonable."

There are no second chances for Israel.

I agree.
    I have always wondered how Isreal was able to restrain itself from just blasting Palastinians off the map.
    This time is going to be much differant, with Hamas at the helm of Palestine.

Example of their restraint - Remember Scuds from Saddam? They held fast and I was shocked by that.

I wonder how long before Palestinians strike into Gaza?
    I would give it less then one month.

The other issue that will came to the fore. Will be the resurgence and strengthening of the "Muslim Brotherhood" Which was form in 1924.

Members of this group, support financial networks, and violent jihad groups, such as al-Jihad and al-Gama'at al-Islamiyya in Egypt, HAMAS in Palestine and mujahideen groups in Afghanistan.

"Allah is our objective. The Prophet is our leader. Qur'an is our law. Jihad is our way. Dying in the way of Allah is our highest hope."—Muslim Brotherhood

Israel held back in 1991 because there were 500,000 men about to strike Sadam a severe blow. Many were Arabs.

The Israeli citizens who were killed and wounded were also serving Israel at the time, just as much as any front line soldier. By holding back, they were assured of harming Sadam more than a dozen air strikes would have.

The win by Hamas makes it clear that Palestine is a terrorist sponserd state.
    This will make for great foriegn policy, in reguards to the presidents policy of going after state sponserd terrorism.
    Could it be more plain?

That's why this Hanan Ashawri is so important. They trot her out every few years to put a nice face on the terrorists.

She was in front of the cameras all the time before the PLO were given an actual state a few years back.

I remember her, because she was always on TV as a spokesperson for the Palestinians. Then, when they got an actual state, she disappeared. I figured she got rubbed out.

I also remember her because our priest made a big deal about her being a Christian Arab. Like that showed what an open-minded, peaceful group Yasser Arafat led. Or that she could never be associated with a group of blood-thirsty, Jew-hating terrorists, cause no Christian had ever (no never!) done any of those nasty things.

So now she's popped up again. Reminded me of another thought I had years ago: have you ever seen a babe senior official in any other Arab government? No.

Well, where was Ms. Ashawri for the post five years when there was a real Palestinian government?

At least now the sham of peace between Israel and Hamastan (aka palestine) has now been exposed for the joke it has always been. But hey, Jimmy Carter said the election was fair. What a dhimmi he is.

Some good opinion and analysis on
    www.littlegreenfootballs.com
    www.jihadwatch.com

All with links elsewhere.

Analysis: Hamas Victory a Message for Bush

WASHINGTON (AP) -- After making democracy a defining marker for American foreign policy, President Bush got a jolting message from Palestinian voters: Be careful what you wish for.

The United States promoted the democratic Palestinian election that now has produced an upset victory for the militant Islamic group Hamas. The election could install an organization the United States considers terrorist in place of a Palestinian leadership that, while weak, was pledged to work with Israel and with Washington.

Faced with the fruits of the democratic Palestinian vote he helped nurture, Bush made clear he was displeased

The administration probably thought elections would strengthen Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas, said Hebrew University professor Amnon Cohen.

"That made sense, but maybe in hindsight it doesn't look so clever," Cohen said by telephone from Israel.

Hamas has taken responsibility for dozens of suicide bombings against Israel, and holds as a central tenet that Israel must be destroyed.

Like the United States, Israel and European nations regard Hamas as a terrorist organization and will have no official dealings with it. Hamas leaders have said they oppose peace talks and will not disarm.

But Hamas is now known among Palestinians as much for its social services and promises of good governance as for its history of terror and militancy.

Bush seemed mindful of that, even as he could not disguise his irritation.

"It was an interesting day yesterday ... as we're watching liberty begin to spread across the Middle East," he said.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...01-26-21-47-01
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

The democratic vote by Palestine tells the world exactly where they stand.
    Behind terrorism and the forward march of Islam.
    It will be plain to see and all the better for the world.
    They will make clear their intentions and the world should respond in kind.

I have also heard tonight that Gaza is a buzz with activity.
    I 'm certian it is jubilation of a victory.
    This is going to blow soon.

Exerpts:

"As long as there is occupation and so long as our people's rights are usurped, our stand will remain as it is. We would resist the (Israeli) occupation to restore our rights," Moussa Abu Marzouk, deputy head of the Hamas movement, said in an interview with The Associated Press.

This guy has got to go! What an old fool! Jimmy get off stag before you hurt yourself!
    Former President Carter said the United States, by law, would have to cut off direct funding to the Palestinian Authority as soon as Hamas takes control, but it should look for other ways to give money to the Palestinians, such as through the United Nations. Hamas has been branded a terrorist group by the U.S. and Europe.

Yeah Jimmy! Lets' give the good terrorists more money!?
    http://newsmax.com/archives/articles...407.shtml?s=lh
    President Bush rightfully denied to deal with Hamas until they renounce their efforts to remove Isreal.

"Hang on I gotta sneeze!" No shii...t' Noshiiii.. t!"

All in all Fattah, The ones creating the noise up on Gaza! Well they are protesting the vote. Wonder how that could happen.
    One terrorist was beaten out by the other.
    I know we supported Fattah for their movement towards peace.
    That was more like a constipated bowel movement and it killed Arafat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information